• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 and 240 Spoilers!

Saab 9000 spoiler.

74076_1671499104673_1153257353_1886856_4852059_n.jpg

Bad pic, but you get the idea.

I've always wonder what a spoiler off a 69 Mustang Mach 1 would look like on a 240.

I always liked the looks of the Mach 1 spoilers, as well as the "Go Wing" that Chrysler had for a spoiler on the Cudas back in those days. Why I always wondered how'd they look on a 240.

I thought they might be too wide to fit.

Not sure the origin - but this one is the pliable rubber piece with the Volvo factory logo embossed into it. I'm guessing a dealer installed option at some point....

242-rearqrtr207.jpg

Saw a full-sized wing (2' high or so) mounted ON TOP of the back of a Civic hatchback (on the roof) one time. My wife looked at it and quietly remarked - 'look honey -- I didn't know that Honda made hang-gliders'. :)

Last edited:
Not sure the origin - but this one is the pliable rubber piece with the Volvo factory logo embossed into it. I'm guessing a dealer installed option at some point....

242-rearqrtr207.jpg

Saw a full-sized wing (2' high or so) mounted ON TOP of the back of a Civic hatchback (on the roof) one time. My wife looked at it and quietly remarked - 'look honey -- I didn't know that Honda made hang-gliders'. :)

Serious, serious question, I saw a spoiler which looks exactly like this at the yard last week, only problem is it was on an OLD BMW. Anyone know about these. Guy would not separate spoiler from BMW trunk!? Will it fit my 1979 242 GT? Is it worth wasting the money on?

re previous post, BBS made these spoilers back in the 1980s for BWM's, Mercedes etc...
all these cars have a fairly square boot lid so.....they probably are interchangeable without much work,

they are made of a rubbery sort of stuff, so could be cut if there was any fitting issues.

Hen's teeth. Grab it. However, he's trying to screw you and make you buy the trunk.

Hens teeth, so they are rare, hopefully he doesn't know that. Would probably look great on my 242?
re previous post, BBS made these spoilers back in the 1980s for BWM's, Mercedes etc...
all these cars have a fairly square boot lid so.....they probably are interchangeable without much work,

they are made of a rubbery sort of stuff, so could be cut if there was any fitting issues.

133774652.jpg

not stock(something shaff70 found in a junkyard on a 240), there was a stock one that looks similar from what i'm told, there's an led third brake light

i hear an 850r spoiler works too, but i only have one 244

Back