• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

It better or Im throwing it the turbo thru Ben Weavers Front Window. Its like an inch from the strut tower. I could of gotten closer to the head if I moved it a few inches back or maybe its the oppisite :wtf:

I thought i was put on jack stands in the house and call it art:-D

I was getting decent spool by 3500 on my poorly tuned B21, I'm thinking it should be golden for spool one you get this thing dialed in. Looking really good man!

Got a good amount of the little ish done today besides waiting for my last 45? reducing coupler to come in the mail.

Engine is Done besides wiring up the Spal Fan Controller and looping the steering rack connection together cause apparently when you turn the wheel juice comes out of the parts, Who would guess :-P

6e4067d5.jpg

726235c3.jpg

09b8d610.jpg

Out with that ****ty 940/960/850 Fan shroud and in with the shiny Alumi home made one. has a nice fit and puts its closer to the radiator.
4527c853.jpg

Heres a the good stuff. FX35 projectors moded to fit perfectly into some Lexan.
473c5d7a.jpg

b8c8c4c8.jpg

13f3d5b7.jpg

Heres with the protective paper off the Lexan.
f245247e.jpg

2561e1bb.jpg

With the stock lens on. I havent moded this yet. I will more then likely cut out a 4" hole then put a square behind the lens.

Got this bitch running on MS. Running about 6psi. Sounds good. Needs a good tune. It's pretty rough right now.

Thats awesome. I get the feeling your are ecstatic Aron. All that pain and frustration, and now it is so much closer to reality of being awesome.

PJ

Thats awesome. I get the feeling your are ecstatic Aron. All that pain and frustration, and now it is so much closer to reality of being awesome.

PJ

im still pissed that all the work I did on it and my exhaust decides to crack on runners 1 & 2 which I welded up here at SE, Throttle body bolt holes threads are completely stripped due to the previous idiot who made it and not knowing how to use a hard alumi to make most of it so my threads are gone.

do some we wiring, redo some vacuum hoses and a few other things plus get her to pass emissions but other then that, she pulls hard but I need to figure out why i have low compression on cyl 3

Whats a hard alumi? It was 6061 iirc my bet is you got greedy torqing those bolts but u can accuse me if you want I really dont care I sold it to u cheep... Very cheep it was just a quick fabbed intake i made in school quick in one class period.. you knew all this not sure what your expecting. but those holes were tapped stright and all the way, the correct drill bit was used before taping... and it isnt a "soft alumi"... you cant blame everything on everyone else. and stop sending stupid pm's

Last edited:
word is it pooped the ms this morning. I'm going to guess a short due to the explosion of wiring on the passenger floorboard. we left the lh harness intact though, so it should still make the trip home.

Junk in the SE thread, what? You did a bunch of work too fast too soon too hack? Angry angry?

Out with that ****ty 940/960/850 Fan shroud and in with the shiny Alumi home made one. has a nice fit and puts its closer to the radiator.
4527c853.jpg
Is it thus blocking airflow from all of those portions of the radiator and not allowing the fan to easily pull air through the entire radiator instead of just the circle that it is open to? Might want to switch that back around, if you can... IMO.

Junk in the SE thread, what? You did a bunch of work too fast too soon too hack? Angry angry?

Is it thus blocking airflow from all of those portions of the radiator and not allowing the fan to easily pull air through the entire radiator instead of just the circle that it is open to? Might want to switch that back around, if you can... IMO.

The engine was built a month and done before SE, little things just popped up on the way there. Compared to some people at SE, this was one of best looking/ well built car out there this weekend

what the hell are you talking about? This car runs cool at speeds with that setup

He's just saying air can't go through the corners of the radiator where that flat plate is up against the fins.

The engine was built a month and done before SE, little things just popped up on the way there. Compared to some people at SE, this was one of best looking/ well built car out there this weekend

what the hell are you talking about? This car runs cool at speeds with that setup
Yes, it is a nice car... I never said it wasn't, lol.. I just want more info about what happened, what the problems were, etc.! You posted some stuff in the SE thread and I wanted to know more about what exactly were the different problems and why they occurred.
He's just saying air can't go through the corners of the radiator where that flat plate is up against the fins.
Exactly. You are blocking airflow through a lot of the radiator by putting an aluminum plate up against the back of it. Air can't go through an aluminum plate. You obviously haven't experienced a problem from it, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea or optimal or won't be a problem at some point, possibly, in the future. Just pointing out that leaving some space back there that allows the fan to suck from the WHOLE radiator, as well as let airflow through the WHOLE radiator, may be a good idea. ;-)

Compared to some people at SE, this was one of best looking/ well built car out there this weekend

Didnt you have to get 2 150 mile tows back home before you made it to bama?

Back