• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Muellers '78 242 project, warning, it's ugly right now :)

The flat flywheel mikeP lightened for me had the edge cut down at an angle using a brake lathe. Same with my aluminum flywheel, not much material outside of the pressure plate bolt pattern.

We had a friend mill holes in a flat flywheel for our LH2.4 lemons car. Just drilled into the edge, but didn't cut all the way out to the face of the flywheel. thought it might be an issue cause the sensor wasn't perfectly centered over the holes, but it works fine. actually he might have used a mill table under the drill press because the flywheel was held vertical. :e-shrug: regardless, it worked out.

Doing something some of you geeks might find interesting...sending off these 3 "samples" to a lab so they can do a little spectrographic analysis on them so I can get a close or perfect match for welding....I'm guessing 1030,1080 or thereabouts, for sure nothing like 1018 or 4340

Left to right....CV joint on wheel side of axle assembly, tri-lobe on the diff side of axle assembly and finally the axle in the middle.

Attachments

• parts to be scanned.jpg
    parts to be scanned.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,064
Don't have any extras but half off weekend is coming up at pick n pull! I have just been collecting parts for my car but haven't lost a race yet. I can't wait to get the turbo on and start racing some of the real cars around here.

Don't have any extras but half off weekend is coming up at pick n pull! I have just been collecting parts for my car but haven't lost a race yet. I can't wait to get the turbo on and start racing some of the real cars around here.

I ended up getting a Traction-lok from ebay at a decent price.

I'm rebuilding it this week, just got my new CF clutch pack for it and all new bearings.

Good bye open housing....

Taking the bearings off the new-to-me traction-lok unit.

Attachments

• diff parts.jpg
    diff parts.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 877
  • cf clutch pack.jpg
    cf clutch pack.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 877
  • open diff.jpg
    open diff.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 809
  • removing bearing.jpg
    removing bearing.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 808
Last edited:
oooo clutch packs. my favorite!

Yep, I don't mind that popping sound they make :)

For my half shafts, I decided to bite the bullet, converting the axles to 930 CV joints on both ends of the axles, Chromoly flanges have been ordered as well as new German CV joints.

The tricky part will be getting an axle in the correct length that I can order from a catalog. Custom length units cost about $100 more per set. Looking at about $200 for chromoly axles (pair)

Slow at work so I took the day off to work on the car....did some seam welding in the engine bay...came out ugly, oh well, another project for another day to fix once the car is a driver and I have some down time.

Started to take the paint off the hood to repaint the underside...

US Mail came today with a package, new chromoly flanges to be mated to the old parts...

Attachments

• flanges on hood.jpg
    flanges on hood.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 787
  • taking paint off hood.jpg
    taking paint off hood.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 784
  • seam.jpg
    seam.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 789
  • drivers side panel.jpg
    drivers side panel.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 878
Oxy/acet welds...my MIG welder is acting up, the welds just wouldn't come out decent..possible too much voltage drop from having to run a long extension cord due to car facing the wrong direction down the driveway..??

Attachments

• IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_3847.JPG
    IMG_3847.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_3846.JPG
    IMG_3846.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 767
  • scope.jpg
    scope.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
I bought this B230F a few years ago, decided to finally clean it up and inspect it to see how bad it is. Wow, I think I scored on this one, while dirty on the outside, the oil looked new, no dirt/grime or sludge once I popped off the valve cover and the combustion chamber looked great as well. I'm guessing someone had the motor rebuilt and only put a few thousand miles on it?

Ignore the Honda thing, easier to link from here than upload to PB..it's for the poi :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_3809.JPG
    IMG_3809.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_3808.JPG
    IMG_3808.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 921
  • IMG_3807.JPG
    IMG_3807.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 921
  • IMG_3763.JPG
    IMG_3763.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_3802.JPG
    IMG_3802.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
A clean pumpkin, just in time for October.

New Carbon Fiber clutch pack for the Limited slip.

All new bearings, replaced the crush washer with a solid washer for the pinion.

Next will be the axles.

Attachments

• rear_diff.jpg
    rear_diff.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 634
  • rear_diff01.jpg
    rear_diff01.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 635
  • rear_diff02.jpg
    rear_diff02.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 636
  • rear_diff03.jpg
    rear_diff03.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 635
fired up the computer, started laying things out again...

Attachments

• IRS.jpg
    IRS.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 851
  • holset_flange.jpg
    holset_flange.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
^Plenty of other areas I'd throw my time and money at if I was you. :)

Attachments

• IRS01.jpg
    IRS01.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
Back