• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Aggressive Street Alignment Specs

Stiggy Pop

In the cool kids club
I did search and found a few threads, but answers were kind of scattered so hoping to get a little more consensus here.

I'm looking for a starting point for an aggressive street alignment for a 240. The car will be primarily street driven but nice days/for fun driving only. I have Kaplhenke short struts, camber plates with cut towers, quick steer etc. so I should be able to run whatever specs I want.

Guess I'm looking for the easy way - would like to walk in with numbers to hand to alignment guy. So what is recommended for camber/caster/toe?

-2.3 degrees of camber and 5 degrees of caster. 1/8" toe in combined.

Don't be surprised if the alignment guy has no idea how to get those settings. Unless its a race friendly shop half the techs don't know what to do if the computer doesn't tell them which screw to turn.

-Don't be surprised if the alignment guy has no idea how to get those settings. Unless its a race friendly shop half the techs don't know what to do if the computer doesn't tell them which screw to turn.

^^^^THIS. :lol:

Don't be surprised if the alignment guy has no idea how to get those settings. Unless its a race friendly shop half the techs don't know what to do if the computer doesn't tell them which screw to turn.

I was hoping you'd reply! Thanks for the advice, will see what the shop says.

Noob question - can you get those camber numbers without camber plates? And caster isnt really adjustable on these cars is it?

I'm looking for a starting point for an aggressive street alignment for a 240. The car will be primarily street driven but nice days/for fun driving only.
My opinion, having worn out many sets of tires by using aggressive specs while waiting for that autocross to come along:
I would go -1.5 camber, +4 caster, and enough toe to keep the tire wear at bay. 0.1 -0.2 degrees positive.

If you make some marks for re-set, and teach yourself to move the tops in for more neg. camber (which will also toe it out), you will be able to do a quick autocross-friendly adjustment. You can use a level and a little math to get the right angle. Or just wing it. You will be putting it back where it was later, anyway.

Dood, I know you're in MA where within "the Green Line" everybody wants to pretend they're co-starring on The Sapranos and i lived out there and drove all around but come on you saying the streets are getting aggressive now?

What da fawk? They like giving you lip? Trying to push you around?
What's the world comin to? Even the streets are getting aggressive.

My opinion, having worn out many sets of tires by using aggressive specs while waiting for that autocross to come along:
I would go -1.5 camber, +4 caster, and enough toe to keep the tire wear at bay. 0.1 -0.2 degrees positive.

If you make some marks for re-set, and teach yourself to move the tops in for more neg. camber (which will also toe it out), you will be able to do a quick autocross-friendly adjustment. You can use a level and a little math to get the right angle. Or just wing it. You will be putting it back where it was later, anyway.

I agree that -1.5 will also be good and cut down on inner tire wear. If you have a stiffer sidewall tire you might not see much difference in handling. If you have a soft sidewall tire you might want a little more depending how hard you push.

Good input, thanks guys. Should give me a good place to start when talking with shops.

Dood, I know you're in MA where within "the Green Line" everybody wants to pretend they're co-starring on The Sapranos and i lived out there and drove all around but come on you saying the streets are getting aggressive now?

What da fawk? They like giving you lip? Trying to push you around?
What's the world comin to? Even the streets are getting aggressive.

Mass road to volvo: "you call these fackin things struts? Ko-nees? What's that a fackin hot dawg or sumthin? Here's some wickit big frost heaves for ya asshooole. Oh and my cousin Donny works for the DOT, tits job eh, he said they ain't fixin no roads - ribbon tar patches only. See ya on the pike doin 90 in the right lane"

ribbon patches..shudder..

Rt. 13 in Delaware used to be concrete, and under the asphalt it still is. You can hear and feel it under the tires in stretches.
*edit: not the new, polished, ground concrete, either. This is square, uneven, and separated by 1" wide, 1" tall tar sealer strips in the expansion joints. Depending on the wheelbase, it will pitch the vehicle awkwardly. Still felt on the West-bound Chesapeake Bay Bridge (pocketa-pocketa-pocketa) and the Nanticoke River bridge in Vienna MD (longer sections, real bad with my car trailer)

Can an Old Fart make a suggestion here other than what's already suggested? Basic settings > corner weighting > fine setting adjustments = lots 'a fun. :)

I run -2.5 or -3 Camber...I cant remember now. Toe is at 0.0, and caster is maxed out.

I don't notice any unusual tire wear, but then again I auto-x every 2 or 3 weeks.

Back