• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2k16, 9/29-10/2/2016

Morgan and I should be there Friday morning. Probably on the early side as we're going to drive through the night. And then I'll take a nap. Haha. I'm so stoked.

Since Senor Plow is leaving noonish and I can't be there that early, want to meet up and caravan? I can leave anytime after work (prefer to do 95 ANY time but rush hour, but whatev), or take a nap and leave anytime after midnight (my favorite time to drive).
I was leaning toward the after midnight and tunnel option, but if it's easier for you to go 95, I can meet you anywhere near south DC, anytime.

I've decided to take the 245. I have a message I need to get out.

164145665.jpg

I am thinking I should change the front crank pulley before I go.

Fixed the new start issue in the 940 (I hope) seems the coolant temp was gummed up causing it not to start.

Y'all gotta learn appalachian talk before you come up here.

I've been to Appalachia before. I need to brush up on my language skills again, though.

In other news, trunk of car is now loaded up with buns and chips and dip and corn and other ****.

edit:// People in Fredericksburg talk like Farmer Fran from The Waterboy. Does that count?

put 240 miles on the v8 car yesterday, towing no less. did well. would have been nice to have A/c on the trip home (but then, might've also run hot if I did that). heat management is still a little bit of an issue, but it was solid for the first half(unloaded) of the trip.

campaign planning and prep starts for real today though. may get the non-temp perrishibles and stuff for an oil change on the way home. tonight I plan to look into the oil leak(s) and see what I can do about that. Really hope it's just my over-filling of the crankcase(ls things) that's pushing oil out the dipstick tube. if not, I'm not 100% sure what else might be leaking on that side of the engine..

Weds is penciled in for speaker replacement (though, if things go well enough tonight, I may knock that out. shouldn't take more than 45 minutes) and thursday is going to be checklist and final loading.

Put quite a few miles on 2JSWEDE this weekend also. Slowly figuring out the gpio transmission but its not keeping me from driving it.. Also dealing with some thermal management issues.. Its running warmer than I would like I guess the big intercooler and A/C condenser in front of the small 240 radiator even tho its new is asking a bit much. I plan on improving the ducting from the front air damn and beside the radiator to help force fresh air into it. Got the car aligned just to check where it was at.. Funny enough the tow was spot on but the camber is -1.2 drivers front and -.2 on the passenger side.. Both camber adjustments are pushed all the way in I am surprised that one side is that much more than the other. Its just got billys and IPD sports with IPD sways. I plan on finishing up and washing the car Tuesday and packing it up Thursday after work.. Hopefully Me and Kenny will leave out early Friday morning and make it up there shortly after lunch pending Atlanta traffic.

-Sam

Back