• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Turbo For A 93 B230FT Engine

All the information on turbos has been posted ad nauseum. You just need to learn to search for threads. Anything & everything that can be done red blocks has been posted. If you cannot find the information you need, make a new thread like cwdodson88 recommended.

It's apparent arrogance is your forte , disinterest in being goaded by passive agressive self percieved know it all english teachers is mine . Have a nice day and invest some of that infinite wisdom capability you have in some patience,and humility study !

Whiff!! Strike 2. And that was an underhand softball right down the center of the plate.

Get ready for some FawKin Fawk Cossie housing no assfault fawkin stuff... because that's probably all you're going to see from here on out if you continue to not see the point.

White 855T , okay thanks for being decent , point accepted .I didn't come here to play games or keep score . Ill figure it out . My ribbon and participation plaque is in my safe place , my garage,on jack stands.I dont dare distoib the Everlasting Knowitall again , lest they count coup upon my wretched scalp !Thanxz Again BennyG

Yo listen. Just slap a 19t or 50 trim t3/t4 on there and roll out. A hx35 is nice too if you can find one.

A good link to an article would've helped all this nonsense in between , that was all I was after in the first place . When I replied back to you it was all done in fun , with a whole lot of leftover NewYork sarchasm , then half a dozen people chimed in , 1 guy reported me , 1 guy chastised the livin dog poop outta me for my punctuation etc,etc ? I really don't care about all that because my Lil 740 awaits a transfusion !
From what I have researched so far ,it is looking like the choice between a 16G or a 19 T . again between you and Me ,there are no hard feelings on my part ,thanks for your thoughts ,Sincerely Ben

^^ I don’t know you from the next guy but maybe some life advise unrelated to turbobricks. You’re sort of apologizing about how you acted. I would suggest that next time to stop and think about how you initially react to a life event and then proceed. Because honestly acting a fool and then having to apologize makes you look even more foolish. Just don’t act foolish to start with. Again, free life advise. Take it or don’t. 19t is the way.

UHHH BOYY ,I wasnt " sort of " apologizing ,merely trying to start the conversation over on neutral footing ,sort of speak, how about we refer to Billy Shakes Beer ,right here my deer for a lil wisdom " A fool thinks himself to be wise,but a wise man knows himself to be a fool ' Once again ,however you are correct in your statement ,you or the punctuation policeman dont know me ,or my education ,or life experience level, for goodness sakes gents , lighten up with all this ,and accept there are students out here that just aren't as experienced in all this TD04,16GT,hpt,lptgbq, acronyms etc . Why on earth would you want to drive inquisitive people away from these threads ? and let the knowledge die ? Im a fun loving guy, 1 of my many problems is...i'm stuck in a world of people who have lost touch with the humorus sides of life . This is my hobby, and when Im doing things like hobbies ,I'm all about fun NO APOLOGIES EXPRESSED or Implied ! When I need to be serious, trust me ,I know the way . If I say thank you on line will you percieve me as grateful ? and may I be so bold as to make a suggestion to you ? Don't expect,thru inuendo to mock someone, especially one who has graduated from the "Vincent Gambino " school of creative discussion . All in fun Sincerely Ben

Your rants tell much more about yourself than you think they do. At the skill level you depict in your posts, I would highly recommend you leave your factory turbocharger alone. Instead, you might try buying a book. It’s fully equipped with real paper, as the internet does not seem to be something you fully grasp the potential uses of.

Here’s a link for you since your Google fu is...
https://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-Turbocharger-Engineering-Performance/dp/0837601606
https://www.amazon.com/Turbo-High-Performance-Turbocharger-Systems-S-ebook/dp/B00B77AMJ4

Here we go again ,it's the Sigmund Freud of turbobricks . Look ,I don't care about your prognosis ,i'm a stream of consciousness writer not an editor !At your skill level may I suggest a career in online phsycological diagnosis ,and editing ,but certainly steer away from human relations careers .You are chock full of passive aggresive loathing . please be advised Your opinion or comments are not welcome here any longer okay !believe waht you want Naysayer , i will be refunding any fees sent for the online diagnostics,i'm seekin a second opinion Doc . again in fun Ben Lighten up dood Son ,go adjust yer lifters ,your clacking is overbearing .

Here we go again ,it's the Sigmund Freud of turbobricks . Look ,I don't care about your prognosis ,i'm a stream of consciousness writer not an editor !At your skill level may I suggest a career in online phsycological diagnosis ,and editing ,but certainly steer away from human relations careers .You are chock full of passive aggresive loathing . please be advised Your opinion or comments are not welcome here any longer okay !believe waht you want Naysayer , i will be refunding any fees sent for the online diagnostics,i'm seekin a second opinion Doc . again in fun Ben Lighten up dood Son ,go adjust yer lifters ,your clacking is overbearing .

Chill grasshopper. The way you come across here you aren't going to last long. This place is a wealth of knowledge and experience. Nobody reported you. That was a joke. It's an old joke on here. You are too new to know you were played. Call it a hazing if you like. If you attempt to act with some humility, as you suggested others do, you will find that these guys and gals on here will actually help you. What they won't do is spoon feed you. Therefore, all the comments about doing some research, then, ask questions to clarify your path. Pro tip, you don't just bolt on a bigger turbo and go, go, go. That's what these guys are trying to tell you. Especially dodson. It is a whole slew of changes that work together to maximize the bang for your buck. The turbo you already have on there has more potential that the rest of intake and exhaust tract does right now.

Too many , okay ,but what i dont get is when someone " hazes " me and I come back with a. sarchastic reply they don't like it . If " these guys would take a little time ,they would see I'm not just bolting on a bigger turbo, I believe I stated some of the upgrades,time and money already put into this car .There seems to be a lot of mean spirited folks here ,i dont need that ,if you don't have something to help leave it for your MENSA society meetings , No apologies I'm fiesty ,but fair .
for the record here is the short short version of upgrades 1.] LAO fuel/ezk chip 2.] sealed cold air intake 3.] Manual Boost Control 4.] 3" stainless downpipe and 3" piping with {researched 3" turbo muffler . 5.] AEM wideband 6.] boost gauge ... NEW cap ,rotor ,plugs ,wires ,water pump ,engine seals and the list goes on . therefore when wise guy hazers make assumptions of what ever type ,i bark back when they are wrong .Maybe I can get by with my 13 c ,i dunno ,but the bottom line is all I wanted was a little helpful info , not to be battered around by some self righteous ' HAZER ' and expected not to bite back , WTF is this junior hi school ?

Chill grasshopper. The way you come across here you aren't going to last long. This place is a wealth of knowledge and experience. Nobody reported you. That was a joke. It's an old joke on here. You are too new to know you were played. Call it a hazing if you like. If you attempt to act with some humility, as you suggested others do, you will find that these guys and gals on here will actually help you. What they won't do is spoon feed you. Therefore, all the comments about doing some research, then, ask questions to clarify your path. Pro tip, you don't just bolt on a bigger turbo and go, go, go. That's what these guys are trying to tell you. Especially dodson. It is a whole slew of changes that work together to maximize the bang for your buck. The turbo you already have on there has more potential that the rest of intake and exhaust tract does right now.

an.gif

yeah

Too many , okay ,but what i dont get is when someone " hazes " me and I come back with a. sarchastic reply they don't like it . If " these guys would take a little time ,they would see I'm not just bolting on a bigger turbo, I believe I stated some of the upgrades,time and money already put into this car .There seems to be a lot of mean spirited folks here ,i dont need that ,if you don't have something to help leave it for your MENSA society meetings , No apologies I'm fiesty ,but fair .
for the record here is the short short version of upgrades 1.] LAO fuel/ezk chip 2.] sealed cold air intake 3.] Manual Boost Control 4.] 3" stainless downpipe and 3" piping with {researched 3" turbo muffler . 5.] AEM wideband 6.] boost gauge ... NEW cap ,rotor ,plugs ,wires ,water pump ,engine seals and the list goes on . therefore when wise guy hazers make assumptions of what ever type ,i bark back when they are wrong .Maybe I can get by with my 13 c ,i dunno ,but the bottom line is all I wanted was a little helpful info , not to be battered around by some self righteous ' HAZER ' and expected not to bite back , WTF is this junior hi school ?

It?s a mix. Just like the rest of the world. You will figure out who?s who on here as you go. cwdodson is knowledgeable and helpful on here. You just got off on the wrong foot, so to speak. Hit the restart button and hang in there.

Thanks too many, i'm grateful,not hateful.I will let those junkyard Dawgs bark all they like . contrary to previous posts their posts reveal their mean spiritedness .

cwdodson was actually trying to help you while you were yelling at him, so to speak. If you don't already have the two books he posted links to, I suggest you buy them. They are both dated, yet, contain a plethora of information to help understand the entire picture that goes into a turbo charged system. Going turbocharged affects every choice you make along the way. I read Maximum Boost cover to cover more than once. If you had already read that book, you would not be confused as to which turbo you are looking for right now. Your questions would be much more precise. I don't know if I missed it, the first question would be, "What are you going to be using the car for and what is your power goal?" Of course along with that, "What is your budget?" A simple 15G upgrade may be all you need. The more airflow/power you seek, the more expensive and involved the entire system becomes very quickly. It is more of an exponential vs linear function when it comes to the budget.

The guy came off very condescending , thats not acceptable.I dont care if he has the keys to the Volvo book of knowledge.You ...and others in contrast , had a lot better way of trying to help. Whatever ,lets move on... I will eventually figure it out . Right now I dont want to do internal mods . One can see from my parts list , I'm not afraid to invest a little cash into this .I just want to enhance it as best I can ,until I rebuild the engine . Just a good driveable hopped up 740 .I didnt need all the drama and " HAZING " .Once I figure out which turbo will bolt on easiest to fit my new stainless 3" exhaust 15g or 16t it looks like , I will just do it , take my ribbon and participation plaque ,and go to my Safe Space ,take my online diagnosis ,and sip my sarchastic soup. Thanxz BG

Back