• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Achieving 250hp - What are your setups?

did you do the yoshifab mods?

I have heard full synthetic oil goes a long way to prevent PCV problems and clogging; but I read that in regards to daily-driving 240s.

Yes, pretty much did the yoshifab mod. But I made my out block plate and took a cheap catch can and modified it. Works great.

so LA doesn't do emissions testing; could I just put a 3" downpipe on the 940T and call it? remove the exhaust and cat altogether....

You can put a cheap 3" high flow cat after the downpipe and will not notice any performance degradation, plus it works as a small resonator. Running no exhaust is guaranteed to drive you insane in short order.

^ I agree. Many years ago I ran a straight 3" exhaust DP-back on my 745TI, and the noise level/drone/backfires on decel, while fun for a short while (especially downhill inbetween tall buildings) got old pretty quick. Can't imagine running DP only or even side pipes on a car that sees more than occasional use.

Yesterday, I cranked the boost on my 1991 745T with 16T and IPD Turbo cam using a Yoshi waste gate bracket and wastegate. (w/ the adjustable endlink BARELY threaded on) Woah...too much instant boost for 91 octane, but fun.

I burned up over half a tank and added almost 10 gallons of E85. Stock ECU, stock injectors. The knocking is gone, but of course, power is down because it's not tuned for E85 now. Just a test.

Stage Zero isn't even complete. I've done the head gasket and fixed almost all the fluid leaks over 2 years.

Now it burns a bunch of fuel, tore an IC hose open twice, has pinging issues, burns tires and has brake fade issues. It's a lot of work to make these cars what they aren't.

Last edited:
you can pull 16Ts from a s70 T5, correct? i know 15gs are a common drop-in from 850 T5s. planning to hit the junkyard soon to try to find one or the other.

I got my 16T from a T5 S70 or a T5 C70. The LPT engines have the 13G. I used a turbine housing from a 15G from a pre-1996 850.

After several more days of driving on these "empty" roads, I really enjoy driving the car.

-I got sideways a few times without quite expecting it.

Also, E85 is great! It is $2.89/gal which is the same price as 87 octane right now. I really need to get some tuning done, but even on a gas tune the car loves high boost and ethanol.

Last edited:
Sorry to jack the thread but I'm having trouble finding a chip, can you point me the right direction? A lot of the threads on here are from years ago. Lh2.4, 940 turbo b230

is the general view that a 15g or 16t turbo is a significant, worthwhile upgrade from the 13c td04h stock redblock turbos? i pulled the turbo out of my 940 yesterday and am debating whether to rebuild it or spring for a bigger turbo now.

is the general view that a 15g or 16t turbo is a significant, worthwhile upgrade from the 13c td04h stock redblock turbos? i pulled the turbo out of my 940 yesterday and am debating whether to rebuild it or spring for a bigger turbo now.

_as much work is involved I would get a 15g. you can find them cheap and they are easy to rebuild. for stop light to stop light you cant beat them, best bang for the buck.

Back