• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

intercooler water spray kit?

Jussi Alanko

What do you think about these systems, which sprays cold water to intercooler core and cools ic down.

These costs about 50-400€, and this kind of system is easy to make by yourself.

Have anyone used these ic spray kits.

Some kits have electronics that use map sensor to know the boost pressure, and then you can adjust the boost pressure which then activates water spray system.

Last edited:
I’d rather spray something that won’t be around for my rear tires to drive over. What about spraying that water inside the engine instead of at it? My 2c.

I’m with 740atl on this. Why not h2o/meth? It works incredibly well. On cool days my intake temps drop while in boost for long periods of time. And, kits are very reasonably priced. The AEM kit is right in the middle of your price point.

If you are going to spray something at the intercooler. I'd use something like liquid nitrogen to get that intake air really cold. But overall, as Mike suggested water injection or meth/water injection will work very well.

I will put a meth kit to my car, they are cheap in ebay, but if i was ordering these kits from the US it comes with a customs and a taxes from finland, so i think to use this kit, which is available in finnish speedshops:

AEM water/Methanol spray kit 5gal 30-3300

To gas vehicles max 2.5bar of boost, i will use a 1.7bar boost which is something around 24-25 psi
Includes 35psi map sensor
-5 Gallon tank with low level sensor
-200 PSI pump
-Progressive pump regulator with “Boost Safe” feature
-2 LED:s which shows "duty cycle" and systems faults
-Test button

250cc/min, 500cc/min ja 1000cc/min injectors

This is a good kit because it comes with five gallons tank.
It cost around 500€ in a finnish speedshop: vp motorsports.

I called to them and it comes with a one gallon tank, without tank it costs around 450€.
I think that i put a 20l aluminum chinamade fuel cell to watermethanol tank.

Last edited:
Actually aluminum tank won't work, it will corrode when it contacts to meth.
I'm thinking that i build a diy tank at stainless steel, something about 25liter capacity.

I will make brackets to this tank at spare tire housing and i raise tank so up that pump will fit under the tank.
I will buy a bosphorus innovations stage 1.5+ kit which includes a lcd screen, it shows boost pressure or water-meth injection percentage.

I will buy it with 369ml/min injector, so one liter lasts about 3 minutes, and 25 liters lasts 75min with full boost, and with -500hp at crank style car- you won't be able to drive at WOT not much longer than 10seconds at one time, or you will lose your license or your life...:roll:

So 25liter lasts something about one month, and here in finland you can order methanol to your home at 8,90€ per 10liter price, so it will be dirt cheap. Then i buy distilled water and make my own mix. I will make the mix with weight not volume.

This is the Bosphorus innovations kit:

This is the boost gauge / water-meth percentage screen.

I will install this with alongside of this:

I will put to this at least ignition, starter with button, fuel pump, intercoooler fan, cooling fan, and there will be couple of spare switches.

What about marine outboard motor fuel tank? Could easily remove it to fill it outside the car, might be more convenient?

13854211_LRG.jpg

What about marine outboard motor fuel tank? Could easily remove it to fill it outside the car, might be more convenient?

13854211_LRG.jpg

Where you can buy these and how much they costs.

Take into account that i live in europe, which is a good thing in volvo tuning, but bad thing to tuning in general.

There is so much good companies in uk but now you had to pay taxes 24% when you buy something from classicswede or retroturbo for example.

But sweden is neighbour counry which is a very very good thing in a volvo tuning.

Where you can buy these and how much they costs
You're in Finland, no? Finland has many lakes and a well developed maritime industry. That is a very good thing for finding boating equipment. Look for some local boating equipment supply stores or maritime supply stores.

The tanks are very common on smaller boats that have outboard motors. I don't know what they cost in Finland but here in US that one (6 gallon) is $50-60 new. You could probably find some good used ones, including hold-down strap.

I found this:

24 liters, 6 gallons, 36,90€, so you are right these things can be found with ease, but i had to order this, because i live kind of a backwoods, and nearest big city is 100km, 60miles, from my house.

Back