• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by 240Ireland

1. 240Ireland

Brake calipers

Thanks. Really helpful
  2. 240Ireland

Brake calipers

Hi. I have a sticking rear left brake caliper on a '93 240 estate/wagon. I can't tell which type of caliper I have in order to get a replacement. Can I tell which one is correct by using the VIN/chassis number.
  3. 240Ireland

Fuses

Is that under the gear lever, or whatever you call it in the US, or is it nearer the fuse panel? Thanks
  4. 240Ireland

Steering problem

Thanks. It may indeed be a steering fluid issue. Hydraulics can be very unpredictable. Thanks for taking the time to reply 👍
  5. 240Ireland

Steering problem

Thanks by the way
  6. 240Ireland

Steering problem

What difference would colour make? Just so I know what to expect when I check tomorrow? The same result should occur when turning tightly to the left if the steering fluid levels were wrong I think?
  7. 240Ireland

Steering problem

Tire pressure correct. Alignment seems OK. It's rock steady at 60/70 mph, it's only noticeable when making slow manoeuvres in car parks etc
  8. 240Ireland

Steering problem

My new to me 240 SE , when turning tightly to the right seems to pull sharply, as if there's teeth missing on the rack and pinion, yet there's power steering. It needs a fair bit of acceleration to make tight turns when parking or turning at low speed. Am I just imagining it or is this a...
  9. 240Ireland

Fuses

Narrowed problem down to left turn signal. Contacts cleaned all around but still blowing fuses. There was dampness inside front left, rear was fine. Multimeter time I think. Car parts shops are almost all out of these type fuses!
  10. 240Ireland

Fuses

Thanks folks. It's a manual, European car, I'm in Ireland, although the car came from the United Kingdom, the spec would be the same
  11. 240Ireland

Fuses

Thanks. I'll try that. No I haven't a multimeter, I think it's time to invest in one
  12. 240Ireland

Fuses

I think I'll try cleaning the front indicators contacts tomorrow and hope it's a bad connection.
  13. 240Ireland

Fuses

I know. Just thought I'd try a test. Auto electricians are hard to find around here locally
  14. 240Ireland

Fuses

My 1993 240 se wagon is blowing fuse 5! Initially when putting it into reverse. I changed the relay and it worked OK for a few days. Now it will blow the fuse when just using the turn signals. Not sure which side is blowing it, or if even they are. It's a 16 amp fuse, it even blows a 25amp test...
Back