• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by 98FORCED5

1. 98FORCED5

98 Aluminum/ Butter Block BS

New belt drive components and belt installed. Csar runs great. Problem is, bolt hole for tensioner idler arm pulley (t-45) bolt - stripped. Thing slipped well before 18 lb ft...wth? Lost resistance way before tensioner pulley was snugged up against the block. So I backed it out, slathered the...
  2. 98FORCED5

SOS- FWD Timing idler Advice

98 t5 Timing belt/ WP job was going along too smoothly. Finally got to the t45 on the tensioner roller arm- you know the one with the .00000125 recess in the torx head? Head of bolt is not stripped, can still get bite; however, I'm slipping. Clearance isn't an issue; it's the plss poor design...
  3. 98FORCED5

Volvo part number 9180954

Mystery of the universe. Car is a 98 v70 t5 AUTOMATIC/ HYDRAULIC TB tensioner. Bought a few months back, was told by vendor that was correct belt for my vehicle. PN has been superceeded several times, (this is not a CONTI belt) It has the Orange VOLVO lettering. PN on both belt and bag label...
  4. 98FORCED5

Flame alway, Timing Marks Question

I'm new to Volvo and to OHC engines in general. I understand asking this will probably get me banned from the site, but I'm going for broke (literally). I've never changed a timing BELT, only chains on OHV Ford engines. I know it's been asked a trilllion different times, but need to ask it my...
  5. 98FORCED5

Pelican Parts (Not just performance for Porsche)

Anybody dealt with them? Their prices on the stuff I need are head and shoulders above IPD and FCP (meaning lower) . Also, free Fed-Ex 1 Day shipping to my location. Anyone have any experience dealing with them? I didn't see anything in the "list of vendors" thread. I'm buying some critical...
  6. 98FORCED5

Aftermarket Axle Halfshaft Replacement

I've know there are more than a few threads on the question I'm about to ask, but I'm new here. I'd like to know if there is a consensus here among you who've actually done the repair yourselves on what brand of "axles" are the most durable. Car is a 98 FWD. My money is tied up in other...
  7. 98FORCED5

Mishimoto Intercooler Hoses 850-1998 v/s 70

Hello. I've searched on several different Volvo forums, and was unable to find any wisdom on the quality of the Mishimoto silicone intercooler hoses. I just finished installing them. They're very tight, but silicone spray and a screwdriver made installation fairly simple. The construction is...
Back