• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by acbarnett

1. acbarnett

Who says the FWD/AWD crowd won't get their hands dirty?

So this saturday my friend and I did an FMIC install on his S60R, and 15 hours later I'm now browsing ebay to find a core that will fit MY car, it made that much of a difference. The S60R was definitely a PITA to work on, at least 3 hours of the job was getting the damn pipes and couplings to...
  2. acbarnett

One of these swedes is not like the other....

so I took some night shots last night with my friend and a couple swedespeeders and here they are
  3. acbarnett

another volvo meet at Rein's in CT this saturday the 24th

so apparently there is another volvo meet happening at reins this saturday. Same deal as the last one, there's going to be a caravan meeting at the westboro rest area on I-90 westbound at 1150 in the morning. There were tons of people at the last one, the food is great, and the waitresses are...
  4. acbarnett

New England members: Feeler for a dyno day at KTR performance

So I've been itching to throw my new car on the dyno, and when I was at WPI on the motorsports club we did a couple KTR dyno days and loved it. They have a group buy deal where you pay $1000 and that covers 3 pulls each for 10-15 cars with them throwing in lunch as well. Their dyno is an all...
  5. acbarnett

V8 swaps that don't involve the windsor

So it turns out that my old 940 isn't getting sold after all, and we're ditching the 945 instead. Now my dad has suggested a converse conversion for the car to make it more fun on numerous occasions while I am more on the side of an MS&S +T job with a T-5 or something equally fast and cheap. A...
  6. acbarnett

Photos of the Rein's NEC meet

So I was there, t5mm was there, Travis was there, and Peter was where, but there were no RWD's in site unfortunately. Still lots of cool cars and pictures, so here they are, try to find the barney in them if you're bored and I'll have some more cell-phone shots of the...
  7. acbarnett

Dec 9th Rein's Deli meet in CT

This saturday VS and SS are having a meet at rein's deli in CT, I had better not be the only TB poster there. Reins is located right off I-84 ~10 miles northeast of hartford, it's about a 1.5 hour drive from boston, and about a 1.5-2 hour drive from NY. To say the food there rocks would be a...
  8. acbarnett

brought another one into the flock

So today I went with a friend to pick up his new 1998 V70R, black on black. Gorgeous car, and the second friend I've steered towards buying a volvo. I felt proud as he drove it and loved it. and for some reason the old style R sounds throatier and more aggressive than any stock p2 I've seen...
  9. acbarnett

Are nokian hakka 4's worth the extra $$$

now I've been looking for snow tires for the 9-5, volvo village wants $105 for the gislaved nord-frost III's in an appropriate size for my car. Tiresbyweb wants $132 with free shipping for the nokian hakkapelitta 4's in an appropriate size for my car before 11/30, or $142 without the SS...
  10. acbarnett

Dec. 9th reins deli meet in CT

so the title pretty much says it all, there's a VS/SS meet happening on saturday, december 9th at reins deli off I-84 in northeast CT. Right now it looks like things will be starting at around 12 or so, and it looks like we've got a pretty big group going already. The food there is awesome...
  11. acbarnett

TD04 question

does the TD04HL-15t use the same size exhaust wheel as the TD04HL-18t?
  12. acbarnett

why close my thread?

it's one thing if it gets out of hand, but I had a couple questions and I was dissappointed that it was closed with no explanation it's not a brilliant idea, but it seems no less silly at first glance than trying to turn a volvo into a sportscar.
  13. acbarnett

how would one raise a volvo

so my little brother was looking to sell the 1994 945 he's getting for a late 90's or early 00's cherokee, but I had other ideas. The 945, with it's unpainted gray plastic bumpers, durable cloth interior and overall ruggeddness has always struck me as being a bit like a 4-door covered pickup...
  14. acbarnett

New England: SS/VS NED trip 6/30

so volvospeed and swedespeed are planning a trip to new england dragway next friday (6/30) I'm going with my friend's R, and this should be a good oppurtunity to outdo the FWD guys (if there are any RWD people with cars around here that could even do that) so be there or be square, that place...
  15. acbarnett

another easy to find source for 16" steel wheels

I just saw a new camry the other day, and it was the base model with steel wheels. But it came with steel wheels. Camry's are 5-bolt too, so adapters would work fine with them. It just looked like a good, cheap source for 16" steel wheel center sections for anyone who's interested in those.
Back