• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by aimless

1. A

What is the acceptable photo size for uploads

Hi All, Im not having great success uploading photos. The only thing I can get to upload are thumbnails. Surely I'm doing something wrong.... hahaha Cheers
  2. A

Deleting Bulb Failure Circuits

Dave predicts ChatGPT a decade before it arrives !!!
  3. A

Vintage D-Jet AAR/AAV & mystery valve

so I've got this mystery valve spliced into the AAR hoses. Lots googling around and I can't find anything about it. Do you recognize it ? I'm guessing it's an "electric" AAR valve installed by a PO, maybe off another model of car. The original AAR opens and closes as expected, so I'm not sure...
  4. A

240 swap in a 561 ECU for 951 as a test ??? ...

'93 245 Auto LH2.4 951 ECU 187K miles... I'm running down the spark side of a crank / no start condition using the Volvo Problem Solver and Bentley as references. I checked the ECU impulses at the PowerStage and got a steady 1.0 volt - no oscillation - in KPIII. So one or all of the...
  5. A

240 1-2-1 Fault code and other musings...

'89 245 n/a LH2.4 360,000 miles.... good stage zero ... no drive-ability issues ... daily driver OK, so I get my first check engine light since I bought the car in Sept 2007 with 305,000 on the ODO. The OBD is presenting a 1-2-1 code, "probable fault in signal to/from air mass meter" as per...
  6. A

240 '93 245 under-hood fuse block

The wiring diagrams are indicating a 4 fuse under-hood fuse block, see page 23 here: http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/volvo/240%20Wiring%20Diagrams/Volvo%20240%201993.pdf I cant' find it :oops: Anyone care to help ? I'd like to clean it up and replace the fuses. John Working on a newly...
  7. A

240 Back up light stays on

'89 245 M47 345,000 mi What is the default "fail mode" for back up light switch ? Issue just popped up yesterday. B/U lights stay on regardless of shift lever position. Cycled shifter in and out of reverse several times. Thinking switch is stuck in the on position. Haven't started to...
  8. A

Vintage Gas tank cleaning tips wanted ........

Hey ! What's the best way to clean the gas tank on a car that's been sleeping for a few years? It smells like old varnish down in there .... :wtf: TIA :cool:
  9. A

240 removing residue from body trim tape

Hi All, What is best to use for removing the body trim tape residue from the door without destroying the paint? Lacquer thinner & acetone remove the residue, but they also remove the paint. Goo-Gone removes most of the residue, but not that last little bit. And, just how clean does the paint...
  10. A

LED shop light ..........

Looking for recommendations on better lighting and considering an LED shop light. Are you using one, and would you buy it again or have you seen better stuff out there? Corded or cordless? Anything to stay away from? ..... TIA, John
  11. A

240 hep me build ma squirter

so i got this '94 squirter block from modemus that came out of a 940 and i am going to swap it into my '89 245. time frame for the swap is april, so i want to start on the block now. i stopped in at t-hoff machine shop and got some prices for cleaning, measuring, new freeze plugs, boring...
  12. A

240 Ball joint install issue.........

Hi All, Well, after 325,000 miles the original ball joints on my '89 245 finally gave up the ghost..... So I installed some new OE Volvo ball joints [made by TRW btw] and the process went well, with the exception being that I could not completely tighten the ovalized locking flange nut down...
  13. A

Best sequence for front end maintenance...

Hi All, What's the best sequence to follow in order to make this task flow smoothly? I am replacing: control arm bushings [poly] ball joints [OE] tie rod ends [OE] sway bar bushings [poly] end link bushings [poly] All the parts are assembled, and I've memorized Bentley & Haynes .... :cool...
  14. A

240 need prt # for control arm nut ............

HI All, Trying to locate the part number for the nut on the rear end of the control arm, the one that secures the pocket bushing on the rear spindle of the control arm. They are supposed to be a one-time-use ovalized nut. Mine take an 18mm wrench. I just installed SuperPro poly bushings...
  15. A

240 N Carolina peeps, what thermostat?

Hey All, What thermostat are you all running here in NC [ central / Piedmont] ? I need to replace mine and was just wondering what everyone here in the Triangle / Triad / Charlotte areas are running. TIA John this is for the n/a 245 in my sig, LH2.4
Back