• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Benjam83

1. B

tremec t5 resonance in 4th and 5th gear

I think this will be key for you. You've got basically the same setup I went with. Stock 2-piece with a slip-yoke added. I just adjusted the trans mount so it was as close to aligned with the center support bearing as possible. I think I've put around 10k miles on my swap, and it's been great.
  2. B

Good news for people who love bad brakes (Because they track 940s with ABS)

I'd wanted to do this on my ol' 940SE years ago, but never got to it. I will say, I recently upgraded, from the 280mm, to the 302mm on my Mk1 C70, using EBC YellowStuff pads. I'm sure the C70 is lighter than the 940, but wow...huge improvement in braking feel, stopping distance...
  3. B

MK1 IRS rear brake upgrade

I never really felt like the rears were the weak link, in terms of braking, on those cars... I know there's the 302mm swap from a P80 for the fronts...not sure if the rears are a similar situation. But that would open up more possibilities for pads/rotors/etc.
  4. B

87 740GLE intermittent no-start when warm

I went ahead and ordered a Fuel relay and an ignition module from FCP... The car is very original...so, that relay is likely the one it left the factory with. Everything in that little compartment under the radio looks like it's been completely untouched...
  5. B

87 740GLE intermittent no-start when warm

Car starts great when it's cold...And when it's running, it runs great...but if we've been driving it a while and we shut it off, it had been starting just fine. But here recently, it's developed an intermittent issue where it'll not want to fire back up. The last time it did it, I popped...
  6. B

October 14: Meadwestern Volvo Meat @Ambrosia Orchard, Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Interested...I might not be able to make it because of my kids' school sports...but I'm still interested...
  7. B

V70R Rubbing?

Pffft...yeah...vaguest post ever. Is it rubbing at full lock? How turbobricked is the car? Or is it stock? Stage 0, or has it been neglected? Need to provide some details... 3 options off the top of my head...or a combination of.... 1) You've got a bad wheel/tire combo. Offset pushed the...
  8. B

240 electric power steering

Sir, I believe you underestimate what the RWD Volvo community is willing to tolerate... Seriously though, welcome...and thank you for contributing...
  9. B

B230+T5 3k rpm shake

I think this is a great idea. I was actually considering this when I was having my 2-piece DS modified. I'm not sure why I didn't do it...maybe because I was unsure how common/uncommon guibos are in other makes/models...and didn't want the shop to step too far outside their comfort zone?
  10. B

Budget performance tire recomendation

Back when I used to AutoX (my wife's Mini), I went with 205-50/15s as a "cheaper" (easier) alternative to lower gearing. It worked pretty well. For reference, those were the Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Special. Not exactly the cheapest tires out there...cheaper than R Comps...but man, that car was...
  11. B

Extended warranty??? Was: Considering a FWD Volvo. How are the V70's? How are the XC70's?

I mean...the P80s are how old now? I don't think it's a whole lot different than a 2/7 series needing bushings/ball joints/tie rods/etc. I got into mine figuring these items would be needed...so, I wouldn't think that this would be any more of a deterrent than on any other platform... That...
  12. B

Extended warranty??? Was: Considering a FWD Volvo. How are the V70's? How are the XC70's?

I'm a big fan of the P80 platform...as long as they were taken care of. They can not deal with neglect quite like the old redblocks can. That being said, if you find a nice one, they're great cars. I had a 98 S70 T5m that I wish I'd never sold. Our 99 V70XC had the ETM issue, and I suspect...
  13. B

Mk1 C70 - AGM vs Lead Acid battery issue

Hey guys. I was told something that I'd never heard before...but admittedly, I don't think I've ever owned a car with an AGM battery. Anyway, the guy said that the car wasn't meant to have an AGM battery and that it NEEDS a lead acid battery. My gut is telling me that they're just trying to...
  14. B

'93 240: Water leaking from the top of the A-pillar (no sunroof)

Ok, so the title pretty much sums it up. I've got a non-sunroof car. We're in the middle a week of solid rain, and I'm DDing it right now. I've got water leaking into the cabin, at the top of the A-pillar interior panel, running down the A-pillar. I'm pretty much assuming that my windshield...
  15. B

DIY Resonator to reduce/eliminate resonance/droning

I'm just curious if anyone's tried this. Seems like a lot of resonators are essentially straight-thru mufflers. On my v8 940, I messed with the tube lengths and muffler placement and felt like I'd gotten pretty close to not having any drone. But this whole deal is completely different...
Back