• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by bmos

1. bmos

740 lug nuts for spacers

I put 16" p2 wheels on my dad's 740 (76k miles, wine red 1991 wagon) using H&R spacers and the p2 wheels seem to have a different taper to the lug bolts. Does anyone know if this is true and (if so) what lug nuts I need to get for correct mounting?
  2. bmos

gasket identification

I bought a head gasket set and it came with some gaskets I haven't seen before. Are they for the Cali-spec EGR system? <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/AeiTXJ3"><a href="//imgur.com/a/AeiTXJ3"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"...
  3. bmos

740 Seat Foam

Does anyone have a source for NEW 740 seat foam? I know the 240s have https://www.wagonmeister.com/240-new-lower-seat-foam I also know that the common advice is to find a decent passenger's seat and swap that into your driver's seat but I'd much prefer new seat foam.
  4. bmos

Heated Seats

Does anyone have info on how the heated seat temp protection relay works on a 1991 740? I have non-op heated seats. They have power and the relay under the seat clicks after a second and the seat never heats up. Seems like something is tripping the relays and they are shutting off the circuit?
  5. bmos

Airbox Foam

Sorry if this has been asked, couldn't find anything in a sea of people removing airbox foam for engine performance. Has anyone found a good replacement for the foam that came taped to the inside of the top of the airbox? I just picked up a 75k mile 91 740 that still had it all but the top foam...
  6. bmos

740 Downpipe

I'm trying to track down two replacement downpipes for a couple 1991 Volvo 740s. I know I can get a muffler shop to weld in a new cat but I'd really like to return this to a flanged bolt-in design. Part Number: 9146796 Supersession(s): 6842007 My dealer tells me it's NLA (even through the...
  7. bmos

B230FT Intake Manifold Fittings

Does anyone know the thread pitch of the vacuum nipples on the manifold? The small ones for the CBV, HVAC, etc. I want to install some fittings with barbs because my vacuum lines just aren't as tight on them as I'd like under boost. Haven't blown one yet but I think it'll happen eventually.
  8. bmos

Eager Beaver

I haven’t had a build thread since my first car… this wasn’t supposed to turn into a build but project cars are an addiction! <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/sReu7Mx"><a href="//imgur.com/sReu7Mx"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"...
  9. bmos

Voltage Regulator

Page 17 of Volvo Technical Publication 31465/1 says "a hybrid-film voltage regulator, designated "TWC" is available as an accessory." Does anyone know anything about this? Also, is the regulator with the plug for the battery temperature sensor still available? I know there were a lot of issues...
  10. bmos

Coolant

Happened to notice this while reading through the LH2.2 B230F manual: What's the type C part? All the coolant I've seen for Volvos says it's for all Volvos. Next, the two years figure jumped out at me. I'm a BMW technician so that is what I'm most familiar with. BMW recommended a 4 year...
  11. bmos

Interior Temp Sensor Purpose

What does the interior temperature sensor do in a manual HVAC-equipped 740? Is it just there in case the car was equipped with temp-control HVAC? The one in the dome light with the vacuum hose attached.
  12. bmos

Aux Jack

I have a 1991 Volvo 740 Turbo that came to me with an aftermarket radio. After some searching, I managed to find a compatible stock radio (CR-718 supposedly out of a 1994 940) that works great (other than having to swap the accessory power wire pin to get the antenna going up/down). I'm trying...
  13. bmos

740 Forward subframe bushing

Does anyone know the part number for the front bushing of the rear subframe? (part number 24 in this diagram): https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=235450
  14. bmos

'91 Oil Cooler Sandwich Plate Torque

I've been searching through the Volvo 700/900 service manual and Googling but haven't been able to find the torque spec for the large banjo bolt that holds the oil cooler sandwich plate (specifically the right-angle adapter that puts the filter further back in the engine bay) to the block. I...
  15. bmos

Central Locking

I was working around my fuse box earlier and noticed this (very deteriorated) jumper wire in my central locking relay socket: I removed it to see what it was accomplishing and found that my central locking now only locks and unlocks the driver's door. My central locking relay that goes in that...
Back