• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by boisebricks

1. boisebricks

S/V/C Rough Idle - P1175 / P1238 / P455

My 1999 V70 Turbo w/ 162k on it is having some intermittent rough idling. It is consistently throwing a P1175 / P1238 / P0455 code combo. I've read where the P1175 is the idle control valve, but the 99 v70 doesn't have the ICV. I'm thinking maybe the PCV or the Throttle control? Anybody have any...
  2. boisebricks

99 V70 Turbu with engine idle fluctuation and vibration at higher speeds

my 99 V70 Turbo has recently developed this issue. At lower engine speeds, the idle seems to fluctuate - it'll go to 1500 rpm for maybe 2 seconds then drop to ~500 for 2 seconds, then ~1500, ~500.... No CEL yet to pull codes from. The next issue that seems to be accompanying this is a noticable...
  3. boisebricks

240 92 240 or 99 V70 - which to keep?

ok - so i have a little dilema... i recently picked up a 92 240 wagon (na) with 259k on it. Interior in good shape, cosmetically great... once i get it put back together it'll be pretty great. AC works, window motors and switches all work, 3rd row seats, extra snow tires... currently my daily...
  4. boisebricks

240 Wipers have stopped working

89 244 n/a its been a gradual process - first the delayed wiping went out, then about 2 weeks later, the slow continuous went out, then after a month my hi speed wiping has gone out too... does this sound like a motor issue or a switch issue, or something else entirely?
  5. boisebricks

Aftermarket radio wiring question for 89 240

89 244 na the wire color i have doesn't seem to match others out there. i'm trying to wire in my new deck. my colors are as follows WHITE/BLUE ORANGE BLACK BLUE RED BLUE/WHITE GREY BROWN GREEN YELLOW from what i read BLACK = GROUND GREEN/RED (I have a green or a Red, which is the Const Power?)...
  6. boisebricks

240 intermittent loss of power

ok - so my 89 NA 240 LH is having an intermittent loss of power. i'll be driving down the road and randomly the car will just loose power - no power steering, engine shuts down, etc. I pull over and the car starts back up, no problem. Thus far, trying to address this, i've replaced: Plugs Rotor...
  7. boisebricks

240 Replacing Fuel Filter - torque specs for Banjo Bolts?

Anybody know the torque specs for the banjo bolts when replacing the fuel filter on LH system? It has the aluminum fuel filter with the copper or brass crush washers and i keep tightening them too tight and stripping out the aluminum... thanks!
  8. boisebricks

240 intermittent stalling issue

89 240 n.a. auto... I am having some intermittent stalling. I picked the car up for a good price knowing it had an issue. I thought maybe bad gas or something as the car has been sitting for quite a while... still might be that I suppose... I've changed the plugs, dizzy and rotor, fuel filter...
  9. boisebricks

240 how do i get the fuel filter lines loose?

I'm trying to remove my fuel filter on my 89 240. I've got the filter and pump assembly dropped, but I can't get the Damon connections loose. On one end it seems like it's a 15/16 at the filter and a 19mm wrench end but the filter seems to just slip... due to the aluminum or is it a smaller...
  10. boisebricks

240 Power Steering pump going out?

When i turn the steering wheel left or right, the car whines... nothing terrible, but its definitely noticeable. Is this a sign that the PS pump is going out? If so - is there a write up on this that someone could recommend? Thanks!
  11. boisebricks

240 89 240 n/a LH 2.4 fails emissions testing

so my daughter took our 89 to have the emissions tested and failed :*( this is an 89, so it has the LH 2.4 system. the AMM (Which was replaced 3 months ago) is a self regulator, so no need to adjust from what i'm reading (section 251 of the bently manual). on the test results, she got a 13.62%...
  12. boisebricks

S/V/C 99 V70 trailer wiring?

Anybody wired in a 4 flat trailer lighting plug into their V70? I have a standard 5 wire (power plus brakes, running lights, right and left turn) that i would like to splice into my v70 for towing. anybody have some advice on 1) best location or access point to splice in harness 2) wire color...
  13. boisebricks

240 new to me 89 244na rough idle

So my 84 244 got rear ended by a full sized dodge quad cab. It handled the impact well enough that i decided the only suitable replacement would be another 240. I found an 89 - tb sticker in place, 160k miles, allfor under 500, so i bought it.the first issue to deal with isa rough idle. It seems...
  14. boisebricks

S/V/C TCU's and V70's - informational

I couldn't find any good information on if the TCU units on these cars were VIN specific. FYI they are not. you can replace a TCU unit as long as they are the same part numbers and software versions. I found alot of posts that stated these were VIN specific, but the TCU units are not. I was able...
  15. boisebricks

S/V/C P1618 ECU TCU wiring failure

After a long time of not-running i finally got my 99 V70 GLT head gasket replaced. the car runs - which is awesome - but its runs with my CEL light on and the up-arrow flashing. the code is a P1618, which is something indicating a wiring error between the ECU and TCU. I didn't have this before...
Back