• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Dirty Rooster

1. D

940 Sounds like Tractor! No power or boost.

Those of you with experience of strange problems please help : I have a pretty detailed problem. Today was the first time this problem wouldn't go away : had to drive 20 miles home using only enough power to reach the middle of the boost gauge = top of vacuum, no boost or it would judder. 2.0...
  2. D

More torque under 3000RPM?

This might be slightly confusing to a lot of folk ; I have a stock 2.0 LPTurbo 940 and actually like the easy power/torque under 3000 revs, not much interested in max power at 4000, 5000 at all, so which of the common mods are inapplicable to under-3000 rev torque? and which mods may have an...
  3. D

Question: Carburetted Turbo?

Simple question, as I absolutely do not know. Can the Volvo 2.0/2.3 Petrol turbo be switched from injected electronic ignition to a carburettor & mechanical ignition without ECU? Has anyone done such a dubious retrograde modification?
  4. D

AN-8 or AN-10? Oil Cooler

I just swapped in a 1991 2.0 turbo engine to replace my dead 1993, same engine. This 1991 has an oil cooler mounted next to the radiator. My cooler got pierced by a fan blade from a dramatically dying not-anymore-viscous-fan ... Are the hoses AN-8 or AN-10? There are lots of reasonably priced...
  5. D

'93 940 2.0T engine swap

My engine died, smooth 1993 2.0 turbo, gases in the water system started blowing hoses and radiator. Head off, skim, back on but crappy compression. Probably knackered bores or rings, and it wasn't just the head gasket... :-( I have the opportunity for a mildly overpriced but clean 2.0 Turbo...
  6. D

Getting 940SE ... maybe

Hullo everybody, I've had Volvo estates since a 245 for ?60 years ago. Last three were 740 2.3 estates but the last one died at the Christmas cold snap, oil in water, terribly thirsty before it died, won't start etc. (auto box good, that's all was good) So I'm looking about for another, and my...
Back