• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by DrvSfly

1. DrvSfly

Knowledge time: Difference in pullup voltages? 5v 12v

So I know why we pullup. Otherwise the pin would float hi or low or just in between (err something). So we pullup to keep the pin off the ground and firing whatever needs ground. But what is the difference in 5v pullup and 12v? Lets take a floor has acid on it and I climb a ladder to get away...
  2. DrvSfly

Jimstim 5v inop?

So I go to test the MS board and I don't have 5v on the 5v line. Battery has 9.0v. I looked at the schematic and don't see where the 5v is being regulated... Sidenote: soldering in the 40 pin backwards dammit!
  3. DrvSfly

My Megasquirt thread... (tips, thoughts, intentions)

Ok, so I am getting ready to order my Megasquirt shortly. I'll be getting MS2 driving low-z injectors and using GM DIS coils to do wasted spark. I plan on running the injectors right off the MS2 using built in PWM. I think i'd prefer high-z but my fuel rail is 11mm so I'm limited. Can I do...
  4. DrvSfly

Presenting: The Beggar. (white trash 245)

Custom pinstriping brought to you by Hangoutfest 2011. half coil in the front. single in the back. 1984 245 '81 kjet b21 lh2.0 960 injectors ****ty neuspeed filter White trash american racing(?) rimps. NOS 240 and 740 exhaust pieces. Hollowed cat (but didn't sell it dammit) cost:0cents...
  5. DrvSfly

240 83 240 alternator: Worth rebuiling??

I can get a rebuilt one for 60, or I could get bearings and a regulator and handle it. $60 isn't that much, but $30 sounds more TB, ya know. Just wondering if anyone has experience on the matter. I searched and couldn't find the proper keywords.
  6. DrvSfly

9445156 injector size? and b21 injector size?

I got a set of injectors from a 99 S70 labelled 9445156 made by denso. Does anyone know the size of these? Also what size injectors come stock in an 84 LH car? (and while we're at it is this a b21 car?) Ultimately this thing is a frankenstein (3 injectors of stock size, 1 of unknown value)...
  7. DrvSfly

Anyway to tell overload springs from regular?

"inherited" some "Overload" springs for my 245 but they look pretty standard to me? Is there anyway to tell short of installing them? whats the diameter standard vs overload?
  8. DrvSfly

s80 6 flywheel same as 5/6?

Is the 6 cylinder flexplate the same as the 5 cylinder?
  9. DrvSfly

740 Misfire, Knock. with fuel,fire and Comprssion.

Misfire, Knock. with fuel,fire and Compression. Ok, I am on the phone with my mother driving casually home when my motor starts knocking. Dammit. Get to the light and its misfiring on #1. Drive to the shop: Got fuel, got fire, got compression of 80 or so on numbers 1 and 2. Why the misfire...
  10. DrvSfly

780: Do our dome lights dim like the 960's?

Just as the title states, Do they dim? If so, mine is broke.
  11. DrvSfly

What is the springrate of 700 springs and recommendations for something stiffer...

I want to stiffen the front a little but I don't want to lower it. I wanna be able to take speed tables and not smash my valence. :-D Maybe as stiff as a lowering spring, but higher.:cheers:
  12. DrvSfly

IRS rear: bigger springs with nivos???

I've got a 780 with nivos in the rear. Surprise one is blown. I'm currently waiting on Bilstein HD's (for $50 a piece!!), but I am tired of bangin my suspension on the bumpstops. If I put the springs on, the one nivo is still gonna try and raise up the one side; Is this correct?? :help:
  13. DrvSfly

Any noninterference "performance" cams for b230ft?

I'm looking to squeeze a little bit more out of the engine, but I also don't want to worry about bending valves. I want this car to be as low-maintenance as possible. I searched and didn't come up with anything, except that the IPD cam is interference. So, Any luck for me??
  14. DrvSfly

One side of parking lights inop... '91 780 - 740

What is the common cause of this? I know i've seen it before, but before I tear my car apart, I thought someone might know right off. Alldata's wiring diagrams suck for this car.
  15. DrvSfly

1991 780 Bertone rebuild, restore.

The owner locked up the motor. I've found a good replacement at the junkyard. I'll be there bright and early sunday morning. plans include touchups, 15g (the 850 one?), bigger IC, more boost(slightly). this is going to be my grown up car. I can't do any crazy **** with this one. I bought it...
Back