• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by hockey930

1. H

AARRRR, v70r Clutch Install

Unfortunately I had some clutch issues in my new to me v70r. Luckily Derrick, Mark, and Erik came to the rescue. I am glad these guys know what they are doing because I was overwhelmed by the amount of parts that had to come off the car to get to the transmission. I thought my slave cyl was dead...
  2. H

Can has ARRRR? 2, Bromance inside

:nancy:Kenny:nancy: Can has downpipe, sway bars, and catback. Cas has broken R already..... 06 100k 6mt, needs some body work Just order, save cyl, clutch, throwout bearing, angle gear collar, rear man seal, trans input seal, viva single mass flywheel, exhaust vvt gear, cam seals.
  3. H

Budget Suspension for 740/940 Wagons / Sedan Overlap

Hey guys, I have been reading all of threads about replacement parts for 740 and 940's on a budget. I have a 940 wagon that I am not planning on keeping forever but would like it to not drive a boat. I am starting with the rear as that seems to be easier. It seems IPD overload springs works...
  4. H

Newest Member of the Family

05 XC90 2.5T 64k I just signed my life away on it. I brought it to 940guy's father to check it out for me. Mr. Wooten saying it's good to go is good enough for me.
  5. H

Coolant system pressurizing at high RPM

It seems that the more aftermarket ecu?s and chips that are out with raised rev limits the more people are having issues with the coolant system pressurizing. There seems to be 3 things involved. 1. Aftermarket freeze plugs which are a symptom of the problem 2. Possible block flex and vibration...
  6. H

Crappy Failboat videos

Failboat has been off the radar for a little while, however with a little motivation from Jason and a day of work the new MS 2.0 with v3 board was installed with mitsu coils. Heebspeed has been working with me to get the car tuned. I figured I would post a some terrible videos of the car driving...
  7. H

Search on Turbobricks

Hey guys, while doing a wasted spark install the other day I wanted to search turbobricks many times. I used google to try to search turbobricks but it seemed very hit miss. Some threads that I knew existed I could not find. This was very frustrating to me and almost makes it feel like all of...
  8. H

Charlotte NC Tbricker? Who's car is this?

Anyone know who's car this is?
  9. H

My grooms cake

I got married this weekend and my parents and now wife suprised me with a grooms cake. I am sure there are better pics, I just took these with my cell. There were over 150 people at the rehersal and the trunk and bumper are still left to eat, so it was a pretty good size. not far...
  10. H

Got paint?

hey guys, The Failboat was painted. I got the car back from paint a few days ago and have been working to put it back together. Finally got all of my pegs on. R brakes and koni race inserts seem to be working well. I took these this afternoon. Some more work was done on it tonight such as...
  11. H

Volvo 760 Cage

This was this past weekends project. I can't take all of the credit for it though. Vixen Cycle (Charlotte NC) bent the pipe and did some of the welding. Rob (Turbob), well he just helps with the car all the time, so you know he did work too.
  12. H

Twin Disc Clutch Help

Does anyone have any experiance with multi disc clutches? The setup is a quartermaster twin disc 7.25 unsprung with a quartermaster button. It rattles so hard to decel that I can't stand it. Does anyone know what could be going on? Rob made the video so he will probably try to help describe...
  13. H

Moar Lower + brakes = win?

Rob (turbo b) and I hit the shop last night to start fitting the new suspention. In the pic there is no spring on the car car so that is maximum ride height right there. We belive we are goign to add an inch back into the strut tube. Wich will make maximum ride height close to where the wheel...
  14. H

Nascar, meet Volvo

Oh Snap!
  15. H

What size is the BMW Getrag 265 input shaft sleeve?

I am working on finding a mechanical throwout bearing for a 7.25in twin disc clutch. With all the info in the world out there I still can't find the size of the 265 input shaft sleeve. I have sceen it refered to as 1.5 inches, but that sounds like a rough estimate. Please help!
Back