• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Kestrel

1. Kestrel

93 240 water pump replaced 3 times in week and still leaking!

OP, as was mentioned earlier... The coolant pipe / tube which feeds into the back of the water pump is susceptible to corrosion. If the gasket / o-ring surface corrodes enough, you will never get a good seal there. Additionally, that's another spot to ensure you have a good quality seal. OEM...
  2. Kestrel

Help my 240 from Japan!

Excellent. Glad we can keep another Volvo on the road :)
  3. Kestrel

Help my 240 from Japan!

FYI, they had some issues with their PC & phone leading to some site access issues. (Switched from iPhone to Android and some trouble trying to get the interface figured out.). Should be good and communicating again from here on out.
  4. Kestrel

Help my 240 from Japan!

For what it is worth, this is on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/274875446881
  5. Kestrel

Help my 240 from Japan!

十七年前に日本に留学しましたが、私は今でも少し日本語を話せます。 この頃、KJETの車がアメリカもちょっと珍しいから、誰かこの部品を見つけるかどうか、さあ〜。。。でももし誰かこの部品があれば、このフォーラムで見つけられるチャンスはいいと思う。とにかく、この燃料ラインの圧力が高いから、普通のラインが不十分ですね。 とにかく、よこそ!私は日本に住んでいった時、もしVolvo 240が見える時があったら、嬉しくなってになりました。(日本であるのは珍しいでしょう!)頑張ってください!
  6. Kestrel

3D Printed Parts Thread

I'm putting my 940 back together and needed a B230 intake valve stem seal driver... and so I made one. Gave it pretty thick walls and it worked without issue or breaking. (Obviously don't crank on it sideways and it should be fine.) Seal slides on with the spring side facing into the tool...
  7. Kestrel

B230 Head Pitting - Clean up or Junk?

Change of plans... Had been soaking the studs in penetrating oil for a few days now. Gave the sheared off one a few rounds of the propane torch along with some punching to shock it loose. Center punched, drilled roughly 10 steps, and was able to pull the stud out with a rather ancient screw...
  8. Kestrel

Thank you all very much - I really appreciate the advice. Neighbor has a nice MIG so that may be the correct course of action for this removal. This particular car as been...temperamental, to put it mildly. I am really looking forward to getting it running in a nice & reliable state of tune...
  9. Kestrel

I've done this before but in that case, the stud was exposed. Here, the stud is down in the hole about 1/4" below the surface. I've often heard that you can carefully fill the hole and then weld a nut on the outside but I'm not sure that's doable in aluminum. I've started to apply...
  10. Kestrel

That is exactly what I did :) Unfortunately a single stud sheared about 1/4" inside the hole on the new head during removal... #3 or #4 exhaust header. On the rest, either the stud screwed out or else the nut came right off. So I've got a bit of work ahead of me to get that sheared stud out...
  11. Kestrel

Well, slight change of plans... Went to the yard to examine a 1976 245. In the U-Pull photos it had the complete front end, hood, etc. Been on the lot for 40 days however and in that time the hood, 7" round setup & grill, and entire head had been removed. Bummer! At the very least, I was...
  12. Kestrel

Bare bones '92 940 GL with an automatic so I'm going to guess that it has an M cam. Sure feels like it - absolute dog. The 'adjustable' cam gear I have is one of the old 'Dale's' drilled gears. If I recall, those were drilled 0 and then +- 2,4,6 degrees.
  13. Kestrel

Do you recall any specifics? I have an Elring head gasket waiting for the reinstall but certainly could purchase something else if required. Any premium fuel requirements? I do have an adjustable cam gear on my B21 / '81 244 which is sitting in the driveway that I could steal. That car also...
  14. Kestrel

TB, Have been going through my beater NA '92 940 to resolve some long standing reliability issues... Recently did front seals and a timing belt only to discover a pretty healthy oil leak between the #1 and #2 cylinders on the exhaust side where the oil runs to the head. Fast forward a few...
  15. Kestrel

3D Printed Parts Thread

I couldn't find a seal driver for the B230 crankshaft seal... and so I created a small tool. This is for the B230 crankshaft seal and is intended to be utilized with the M16 bolt and the large conical-ish washer between the end of the bolt and the tool - the stack is pictured below. There is...
Back