• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Khrrck

1. K

What do these headlight covers go to?

I'm guessing they're for the old dual round setup? I think ecodes aren't that square, whether old or new. Hopefully they were cheap.
  2. K

Clean carbon from pistons

I think that counts as being careful.
  3. K

Clean carbon from pistons

I'd be careful with using abrasive since aluminum pistons are quite soft and you don't want abrasive particles, bits of wire brush, etc to get loose and scrape up your bearings. There's a number of solvent based suggestions here, along with mild abrasive ones...
  4. K

Recommendations for oil pressure senders?

I don't think I'd ever use a mechanical gauge just since the possible failure condition (hot oil spraying inside the car) is so awful. The VDO senders I've bought have always been good. 360-009 is correct for the Volvo 5-bar gauge, or the VDO Cockpit equivalent, and includes the terminal for...
  5. K

1994 940 turbo won't shut off when radio suppression relay is plugged in

Unplug the RSR, shut off the ignition and check with multimeter on the 4 socket pins. See which ones have constant 12V. Only one of them should if it's wired normally.
  6. K

Help with Diagnosing Regina Crank No Start

The rubber piece in old balancers loses its grip. As a result the two metal sections can drift out of alignment with each other - so the "0" mark on the balancer no longer is actually "0" on the crankshaft. That's why you double check with the crank sprocket mark.
  7. K

302 into a 740

Rubber is usually softer and absorbs more vibration than poly. David Letterman's was used in his ep of "comedians in cars getting coffee", which is online if you want to watch it. But it's not exactly the focus of the episode, lol.
  8. K

1994 940 turbo won't shut off when radio suppression relay is plugged in

Almost sounds like the RSR is shorting something internally. I.e the battery power coming in on pin 4 is getting shorted to the control circuit, latching itself on and possibly back-feeding other circuits. Or like boxtoy implied above, that you have shorts in the wiring harness somewhere... But...
  9. K

The most annoying Harmonic Resonation sound in the exhaust

bug is the real champ of this video it looks like the (aftermarket?) cat has one hose clamp it back together
  10. K

M46 clutch slave cylinder retaining ring?

I feel like when hydraulics are involved you have a decent chance of blowing out the clip if it overtravels. At least this way it doesn't gouge up the piston.
  11. K

Dragging caliper piston

I'd be more inclined to suspect the caliper has something in the internal passages clogging it up. If you want to disassemble and inspect the caliper rather than just ordering a rebuilt one, you can get a rebuild kit with new seals, etc easily enough.
  12. K

SU carb cutting out

Hey, at least it was an easy fix.
  13. K

940 Turbo no electric power

Around 14v from alternator when car is running is pretty normal. 12v would mean the alternator isn't giving you charge.
  14. K

Dragging caliper piston

Have you replaced the brake hoses on that side? Preferably both sides? The old rubber ones break down internally and can shed rubber debris into the caliper or just swell shut. This can act like a one-way valve trapping pressure in the caliper and dragging the brake. Rebuilt caliper (either...
  15. K

P2 2001 v70 t5 getting code P1631 - transmission module communication failure

VIDA is definitely the next step to see whether you can talk to the TCM at all. I believe the major modules in the P2 are coded to chassis/engine configuration, so possible that the replacement TCM is good but the other computers won't talk to it since it's coded to the XC. If VIDA shows no...
Back