• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Maximusfrisbee

1. Maximusfrisbee

Trans fluid (already bought a case) for 940

Hey guys, I just bought a case of this stuff to do an ATF flush. Is this the correct fluid I can use for the 1994 940? I saw the instruction on FCP said it should say compatible with trans that require dexron II. I didn't see it on this though... https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTN75200
  2. Maximusfrisbee

Why in the poop has my turbobricks turned black?

I don't know what I've done but the website changed on me last week. It's all black with a skull up top that had some issues with a shifter. At 32 my eyes are going to crud so.... the black on white was much easier on me. I can't seem to find a way to switch back in the CP area... is there...
  3. Maximusfrisbee

Grill options for a 940?

So I went to the local pick-a-part for a sweet set of Hydras. Well I'm quickly learning you had better show up the day a car gets to the lot. I didn't walk out empty handed although. I scored a honeycomb grill off of a 91' 940 for the sum of $11. The car I took it off of had a 4 headlight...
  4. Maximusfrisbee

940 radio/cigarette lighter not working after opening fuse area

Hey guys, I'm not sure what I did but the radio and cigarette lighter aren't powering on after I opened up the fuse area to try and tighten the cigarette light port back up. I realize now that I probably didn't have to open the fuse area at all to get to the back side... but now its too late...
  5. Maximusfrisbee

Volvo 940 kickdown cable/ throttle adjustment

Hey guys, so I'm having a bit of issue on the 940. When I'm driving around town the throttle wants to hang around 1500rpms and really hesitate to go back down. I have earlier tried adjusting the kickdown/throttle based on the info on K-jet but I am not doing so well. It seems like regardless...
  6. Maximusfrisbee

Ideas for 945 mattress pad/dirty hippy sleeping arrangement?

So the big reason on getting a wagon vs. sedan was the cargo room to use it as a make shift bed on road trips. I doubt it'd be terribly comfortable but it'd serve a purpose. Are there any threads or links that have Info on this? In theory It's easy enough. Make a pattern, cut, and upholster. I...
  7. Maximusfrisbee

Volvo 940 alternator interchangeability?

Hey, so I'm pretty anxious to get the 945 back on the road. I'm taking the alternator down to get tested this morning. I was wondering. If I need to replace it is there any options to swap with at the junkyard other than 740/940? They have a huge inventory but only one smashed 740 for the...
  8. Maximusfrisbee

New Volvo 945 that I've destroyed??

So I bought my first 900 series 2 days ago. 175k miles, one owner, beautiful condition... until I come around. I know nothing about cars. I've grown to loathe this thing in 48 hours... and I know it's all my fault. I cleaned the engine and hosed it down. I had no idea but god only knows how...
  9. Maximusfrisbee

940 high idle "corrected" with residue issue... help?

940 high idle "corrected" with residual issue... help? Okay guys, I bought my first (in a very long time) red block today. To say I lack car knowledge is an understatement but I'm learning. Today I washed under the hood and attempted to detail things. Bad idea to begin with. I knoticed as I...
  10. Maximusfrisbee

92' 240 cranking problems (sometimes?)

This is my first Volvo. I've owned it about 7 months now and around a month in it started giving me problems when trying to crank. It will crank fine for a few days, going multiple places but then all a sudden it'll just decide it doesn't want to fire anymore. I can let it sit for 30 minutes or...
  11. Maximusfrisbee

Can you help me identify a part?

So I was doing a tune up on the 240 today and ran some cleaner through the throttle body. When I disconnect the fresh air hose (not sure if that is correct terminology) hooked up to the trottle body one of the hoses that connects to it broke. From what I could make out 2 hoses are connected to...
  12. Maximusfrisbee

Problem getting my 1992 240 to crank..

So this is the start of the second week I've been driving my newly acquired 240. I drove it to work this morning and everything was fine. I did notice there was a light on the dash that showed a "!" mark in a lightbuld like figure. I figured it was a warning light but it went away. So fast...
  13. Maximusfrisbee

I ordered the wrong size tire.. could you possibly set my mind at ease?

So I just ordered some 195/70/r14's for my stock steelies on the 92' 240. Is that going to be a big deal over getting the 185's? Gawd I hope not.
  14. Maximusfrisbee

Want to get some steel wheels!

I was wanting to buy some steel wheels for the 240 but something in more of a 16-17" size. Preferably something I can bolt up without spacers. What are my options? I have a 1993 240.
  15. Maximusfrisbee

How to dissasemble a grille?

I was going to take my grill apart on my 93' 240 and do some touch up if that is possible. I was mainly concerned with the emblem. Can I crack that thing open and repaint it some how?
Back