• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by mike240dl

1. M

codes, 131, 144, 232

Never all the codes at the same time..it seems to toggle from code to code..ill have codes 232.and 131 together ( i dont get code 232 that often) or just 131 and ill clear the code then recheck, itll now ne code 144..i only have 5.3 volts while cranking on pin 1 brown wire from fuel ecu to...
  2. M

1990 240 struts

will a 740 wagon strut fit s 240? or coil springs that fit..
  3. M

fluttering sound

Hopefully someone can chime in and help me out with this sound that I'm sure is not only annoying but might be hurtful. I have a 90 b230 f + t lh2.4, 62 lb/hr injectors using e85. I get a fluttering sound while I'm boosting. I'm pretty sure I don't have a leak. I've tried adj my bov tighter...
  4. M

3 inch maf and 62lb/hr injector issues....

i just switched in my 012 amm and 62 lb/hr injectors...and wasnt going to install the 012 and injectors until i got TLAO chips, but since my 016 died i opred to switch them in...since then it idles much better and cruising is also better, but when i start to get into boost it cuts out and spits...
  5. M

no odometer, trip, abs light on...

have a 2002 volvo s8 t6 and the abs light is on, the trip a or b doesnt work, odometer quits working also, was wondering if anyone has had these issues, common issue? was looking around and seen that the brake control module is a common issue...also, it has the 2.9l thanks for any help....
  6. M

had to tidy up a bit.....

well since i had to do another head gasket i decided to go ahead and clean up a few things and paste a lil bit of paint in a few spots....gotta laugh at the tb motor strap lol...hope you enjoyed the pics
  7. M

what head gasket is best?

need to replace the head gasket on my 90 240 b230f+t....im looking at fcpgroton and notice that all the head gaskets look the same in their pics....is there a difference in head gaskets from say 76-82 and 82- 93 or so? also what head gasket do ppl prefer the most for higher boost levels?
  8. M

i was bored!!!

as title says...i was bored. it was lightly raining so i stopped off at a local park and took some crappy cell phone pics lol.....hope you enjoy! i also threw in some other pics too
  9. M

no spark and no pulse to injectors

well first off, i did a few upgrades including a new bov, ic, turbo, and injectors...got everything done and the car wouldnt start...starting looking and i had no spark...the further i got into it i found out that i had no pulse width ethier...by the way its a 1990 244 lh 2.4 + T...i found out...
  10. M

I'm trying!!!!

well guys....i'm almost there! i have come a long ways on my 1990 244. First off, my wife got handed down a 110,000 mile 2000 s70. she went and drove it home from florida, and when she returned i was quite impressed after driving it a few times that the slammed 90 caprice i had was sold to go...
  11. M

adjustable fpr

where does everyone get theirs? i have found a few on ebay, but i would rather get a heads up on some decent ones that you guys have found...any input would be great! thanks (and if this is in the wrong place, please move it)
  12. M

i know its not volvo content....but i still love it!!!!......

i know its not a volvo, but i just got this from my parents. my grandfather owned it for 15 yrs and my parents got it around 6 yrs ago after he passed away....i have been trying to get it from them since all they were doing with it was letting it sit and decay in their driveway. i have all...
  13. M

looky what i finally gots!

well i have been looking for a set of these since i seen a few 240's wearing them. soooo, i found a set here locally that i just couldnt pass up. still trying to decide if i wanna keep them for my 240 or sell em since im in the process of putting new rings and a HG on my 240 as we speak, and...
  14. M

where to source good parts?

ok so i +t'd my 240 a month or so ago and now i have ring issues....#1 151 psi...#2 150psi....#3 123 psi....and #4 at 70 psi......and also have heavy amounts of smoke out of the pcv system and will start pouring oil out....so i have sourced an engine off of here (if it is still for sale)...
  15. M

mph cut off?

i have a 1990 240+t with lh2.4 i have a 563 ecu and a 148ezk....i was running it hard the other day and hit 120mph, and it cut off...whether it was spark or fuel, it cut off....anyway around this? swap in a chip? or what? thanks for the info!
Back