• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Old Iron

1. Old Iron

Trans swap options?

I have Getrag 265/6 out of a 1981 BMW 633 CSI (5 speed) I’d sell. STS machining sells an adapter plate for it. Located Milford DE 19963.
  2. Old Iron

1991/2 240 front Suspension.

I won’t have the time with this one to source new. Will have to figure out how to shave the weld.
  3. Old Iron

The strut tubes
  4. Old Iron

Yep! My large pipe wrench worked.
  5. Old Iron

780 project grampa mode

It’s my twin. Mine is a few hundred miles shy of 99k did you mention what year it is?
  6. Old Iron

Crap. Spot welded 🥵 I’ll have to look to see if I can find an article on how to get the spacer off, welded or not welded. I just learned that the spacer needed to come off by reading articles. You can see in the original photo I posted how high the gland but sat. Bc the spacer was still installed.
  7. Old Iron

Now I need to figure out what is different with the Bilstein HD. I can tell from a visual standpoint that the Billy is way more bulky. The guy who put this suspension on my 1991 wagon did not remove the spacer at the bottom. I am swapping this over to a 1992 now. Do I need to take the spacers...
  8. Old Iron

Yep. The tool slips off and was not the solution!
  9. Old Iron

Pipe wrench did. It, glad I saw that in the IPD write up!
  10. Old Iron

Ahh. Next time I will buy these!!
  11. Old Iron

Ok, made a little progress. I found this IPD article that suggested using a pipe wrench. I am past caring about scratching the gland nut. It worked! https://www.ipdusa.com/Articles/529/The-Basics-of-Strut-Installation-on-2-7-9-Series?crumbs=P0,P4952
  12. Old Iron

I’ll have to go see if the store has these. Wtf are they!
  13. Old Iron

I don’t know how I can secure the thing down enough to be able to bang the nut without the whole assembly moving.
  14. Old Iron

I’ll have to check to see if any local stores have it.
Back