• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by PDX240

1. PDX240

My new 245 aka the therapeutic wagon.

I picked up a new 245 a few weeks ago, my 4th or 5th 240. I've always wanted a light or mid-blue wagon and this came up on CL as a possible parts car for a ridiculously cheap price so I jumped on it. Also, as I am recently separated from my cheating whore wife, it gives me a project to work on...
  2. PDX240

The after-IPD party...

There is going to be a party/BBQ/social after the IPD garage sale on May 17th 2014 at my house. PM for details, planning on a keg or 2, maybe a blues band, tons of Volvos, and hopefully some chicks too, man.. All are invited, new friends and old. Kid friendy, at least until10:00 or so. PM to...
  3. PDX240

240 101 things to do/fix/check on your new 240

Hey there TB, I recently acquired my 7th 240, an '86 245DL in 213 blue. It's a pretty typical craigslist score, with a lot going for it, but also a lot of miles/use already under its' belt. While prepping it to hit the road again, I thought I'd start a thread -more of a checklist really, of...
  4. PDX240

Portland, OR BBQ for Volvo nuts SUNDAY 6/16

Come one, come all, it may be big and it may be small. ---------------------------------------------------- WHAT: Portland PNW AREA BBQ and Volvo meet-and-greet WHERE: 1546 SE 138th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97233 --Between Stark and Division at SE 138th and SE Clay street.--...
  5. PDX240

Introducing.... My 1986 Volvo 240 DL

I picked this car up a couple years back for $750 as a DD beater and as something fun to work on/fix up etc. In the time I've owned it, I put on about 23,000 miles and it has never let me down. I have been slowly fixing and improving it as time and $$$ allows. Basics: it's a 1986 240DL with...
  6. PDX240

240 Advice for Vacuum,Flame trap and catch can lines!

I'm getting my car put back in order, a much neglected 1984 240Ti. In the process of doing stage-0 still, and part of that is replacing all the belts/vacuum lines. Anyone familiar with the stock B21FT-IBS knows there are lines all over the place. I'm trying to eliminate/reduce much of the...
  7. PDX240

Plastic repair the RIGHT way

here's the process I have been using to repair issues with certain plastic part failures. The problem: Cracked door card. Typically they break at the base, in between the small and larger pocket area, as seen here-- First step is to clean and then cut some retention grooves on either side of...
  8. PDX240

A/c delete, some other stuff...

Got this PS only bracket What is the correct orientation of the bushings? does it matter? Fat-side out or in or towards oh hell I don't know. This is how it went in. added E-fan too, painted or polished brackets up, de-greased motor/head. BEFORE: Thing runs so good now it's sick. Ran it...
  9. PDX240

Puddle under my 240.

Update: gonna be on this most of today, gonna pick up the water pump (hepu) in 7 hrs, so many little questions still though This coolant temp gauge I got at PnP, is there something missing from this sender wire? or just drill & drop it into the T-stat housing or something..? - pic in post #7...
  10. PDX240

Help ID an electric part. Wideband CPU?

Anybody know what this little guy is? Any experience with this particular one? I'm thinking it is some type of wideband O2 sensor unit or CPU upgrade of sorts; or maybe a cruise control module. Found it in a slightly modifyed 760FT in the JY. It has adjustments for sensitivity, Low speed SW...
  11. PDX240

1984 240 Ti- Restore & Improve, by PDX240

I picked this car up a few months back, figure it's time to do a thread to document all that is, was and shall be done to it. The car is a 1984 Volvo 240 Turbo Intercooled. It has all the '84.5 features (IBS system) but is a late '83 build date so maybe all that stuff was added at the...
  12. PDX240

My new '84 244Ti

-I finally talked the 'ol lady into trading in the dumpy 740. I just can't believe what we got in trade!!.- here's the sacrificial volvo- a 1990 740 230F REGINA AW71 w/225k and a reconstructed title... (rear end damage, no big issues just slow and ugly...) and in trade we got a...
  13. PDX240

Introducing.... PDX240!!!

Hello to all- I thought I'd officially "sign on" here and let you know what's what in my situation. This is my first post to an online board, so I am a bit newbie-bear with me.. I'm a SE Portland Oregon Native, where I currently reside with the usual amenities; 1 GF/Fiancee, 2.5...
Back