• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Simi

1. Simi

1988 745 Turbo "Work Moose"

I guess I can make a thread about this car since I am kind of modding it... I bought it from another turbobricks member as a DD because the AC worked really good and I figured that modding your DD wasn't the best idea anymore. Wanting to keep the paint of my 240 in decent shape still I went for...
  2. Simi

Broken M46?

1988 745 Turbo Stock I just did a manual swap on my 88 740 Turbo on tuesday to a M46. The car ran fine minus the fact I had the guibo on backwards, I did not run it super long that way and the vibrations were not all that terrible, otherwise everything worked fine, synchros were perfect no...
  3. Simi

240 Fuse 8 keeps blowing

I have this very weird issue where I keep blowing fuse 8 on my 89 240. First happened about a month ago, hit a bump in the road and my radio shut off, lost the interior dome light and my door chime kept going off, power locks also stopped working. put a new fuse in, hit a bump in the road and...
  4. Simi

Central Locking Switch Deterioration

Thanks for the help, I am chasing a short coming from the fuse 8 circuit thats intermittent too and ill try looking into the door lock circuit.
  5. Simi

So I dyno'd my car.

Went on a dyno run Engine B230FT LH2.4 TALO Chipped 13mm rods 440cc Injectors Stock Fuel Pumps Ported 90+ Manifold TD04HL 19t at 15PSI HKS EVC 4 NPR Intercooler Custom PCV System RSI Stage II Cam Cam Advanced 4 degrees E Fan 012AMM 3"DP to 2.5 Catback, one resonator Transmission World...
  6. Simi

740 AW71 Transmission Issues

1988 Volvo 740T AW71 336k miles. This started just recently after a 2 hour trip and back, whenever I start the car in the morning (50 degree day), it wont shift out of first for about the first 5 minutes, after that it will shift to 2 3 and 4 just fine but not back to 1, after about 10-15...
  7. Simi

Would You Run This Turbo?

Pulled apart the turbo I got and... Its a rebuilt TD04 Its chipped, can I still run this safely at 18psi or is it not worth the effort of installing it.
  8. Simi

Valve Cover Breather Idea

So I was thinking in class about redoing my valve cover breather, the one I got from ebay was never of the best design and still leaks a bit of oil, safe to say that I am not happy with it overall but the engine is happy and there are no other oil leaks. Yeah its a rip off of the moroso one...
  9. Simi

240 AW to M46 Instrument Cluster Wiring

Alright so I got an 89 240 B230FT M46 Everything works fine but for me I want the instrument cluster lighting to be oem where the 5 light works and the shift light works too. Thing is I don't know whats involved. Is there a place on the back of the cluster where the 5 light can be plugged...
  10. Simi

240 High idle after highway driving

Hey guys I got a LH2.4 240 with a turbo. (Basically a 940 turbo setup) So I have been having issues lately with my idle. When I go driving on the highway, when I go to stop, my idle will go from its normal 750 rpm to 1500 rpm and stay there. Now if I put the car into neutral on the highway, it...
  11. Simi

My Car Hates Recirc Valves

I am absolutely lost to what the problem is now, if I put anything other than the stock CBV on, it will stall all the time. I ran a Greddy Type S to atmosphere post maf and post intercooler, stalls all the time I ran a Forge 004 to atmosphere post maf and post intercooler, stalls sometimes...
  12. Simi

BOV / TPS Issues

Yes yes I know what you are going to say... Should have gone with a Diverter valve. Yes I am about to Yes yes I know what you are going to say... Should have searched. Yes I did but it doesnt answer this exactly I am about to go that route actually unless I can fix this one annoying little...
  13. Simi

I'm tired of this damn hood release.

My cars hood release is an absolute bitch and its ugly. I hate these things. Every single time I open my hood now, the release pops out and part of the cable goes inside the car, then I have to push part of the cable back out and clip it into the firewall again. How hard is it to swap to a 93...
  14. Simi

740 wing on a 240 (warning, #ruined content)

Well, friend and I test fit his extra 740 wing on the 240 and all as a joke, I put it on there and was like, wait a minute this could actually work. I know I am going to get some hate for this but I very much like it but I am split to either doing the raised or flat trunk, initially I was going...
  15. Simi

Would You Run This Turbine Wheel?

Here are my plans, got a cheap 13G turbo needing a rebuild and putting a 19t Compressor kit on it, got the rebuild kit on the way. I am getting this turbo rebalanced in the first place. So about the turbine wheel... 1. Should I worry about it? 2. Is this fixable? 3. Would a turbo shop be able...
Back