• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by spe1983

1. spe1983

B20 MSnS issue (voltage/RPM signal suspect)

I have set up my B20 with MSnS controlling both fuel and spark using a pertronix hall sensor w/ the pull up resistor(copied sberry). I'm using the 3.0 board's coil driver to control the timing. It appears at random time I am getting a drop/spike of the rpm signal, verified in megalog viewer...
  2. spe1983

VCOA Midsommar- Tulsa, OK June 20 & 21 2009

Come one, Come all, Volvo kicks on Route 66. I might as well get this bad boy started since I'm representing the hometown pride. Information can be found here http://midsommar.vcoa.org/index.htm and here http://www.vcoa-midsommar.blogspot.com/ Lets get a t-bricks group going again this year...
  3. spe1983

Possible missfire at 12" of Hg vacuum or greater

I just replaced the head on my 240+T with a old(mildly rebuilt) turbo head from a similar aged b230FT. New seals, plus, wires and a K-cam(from an A). Now regardless of of engine temp if I am cruising at 12" or greater I have a substantial miss and the car stumbles. While accelerating or...
  4. spe1983

I AM THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE!!!! or how i learned to keep my Megasquirt covered

My car caught fire... Some of you may have seen my car before, Page 10 of the new Sept/Oct Rolling White 142, not a bad project just nice challenge. So i go to install my recently recharged battery and see if I got enough gas in my gas tank to get the car to the gas station. I go to start it...
  5. spe1983

Upgrading 7" round headlights

I am looking to upgrade the light in my 140. Both lights are sealed 7" rounds, and one of them just went out. I would like to upgrade to some sort of H4 removable bulb headlight lenses. I see on ebay they have a Hella 7" round set w/ 60/55W bulbs that looks pretty impressive. But I'm...
  6. spe1983

possible damage from unhooking battery while running

Alrighty, I made a terrible terrible error tonight. I had my 142 w/ D-jet running and was going to check the idle RPMs and had my multimeter hooked up to the coil and the battery ground. Little did I know it loose and while the engine was running the negative battery cable came off. Many many...
  7. spe1983

Troublesome 140 temp gauge

Alrighty, My '72 142 is up and running, but I am having an issue with the temp gauge acting weird. It seems to be rather intermittent, sometimes it will slowly show the car heating up until it hits the first white line and then it will go back to the far left or it will just sit there near the...
  8. spe1983

BW35 kick down cable replacement

The kick down cable on my '72 142 automatic :oops: , is broken, and the replacement is coming in the mail today. And I haven't had any luck on finding and solid installation instructions. I have a green manual and a Haynes but neither go too deeply into the cable installation. The throttle...
  9. spe1983

What causes a turbocharger to leak oil??

I have a T3 (63/60) on my 240 +T and about a week ago it started smoking uncontrolably. Checked spark plugs- no excessive oil burning, compression test- 145-150 PSI, and no noticeable amounts of missing coolant or oil, so I figured it must be the turbo. Took it off last night and the turbine...
  10. spe1983

'94 850 oxygen sensor wiring

I kept having the CEL come on telling me the O2 sensor was bad. Went out and got one, and went to put it in, and i have the harness connector fall on me. The 4 wires going into the connector on the ECU side had backed out. I have 4 wires, green w/ white, green w/ black, black, and melted(but...
  11. spe1983

Car running rich and sometimes dies

In the last two days my '90 240 +T w/ LH 2.4 turbo computers has been bogging down and running real rich very suddenly. This happens most notably when i am keeping a constant throttle position and speed as it bucks pretty bad, but i think it happens while accelerating too. I have a wideband...
  12. spe1983

D-jet help

I just bought a 1972 140 w/ d-jet and am having some issues. When starting it acts like it wants to start and kinda does and then as soon as I stop using the starter it just dies. I have found a check list on vclassics.com, and i havent started torubleshooting any of the sensors or anything...
  13. spe1983

Brake failure light non-ABS 240

I finally got around to try and bleed my brakes tonight on my 1990 245 after over 2 years on mysterious brake fluid. I used my mityvac and began at the rear drivers side, I pulled a vacuum and opened the valve and fluid looking like used oil filled with bubbles came out. I was fairly excited...
  14. spe1983

fuel system

I have my 240 which im +t'ing and ive been upgrading everything along the way. I have a wideband hooked up Innovate LC-1 w/ XD-1 guage, and ive been monitoring my the exhaust and every once in a while ill notice my ratio will dip down to like 19:1 when idiling. I figure this is from the used...
  15. spe1983

hanging wire in engine bay

As i was doing some cleaning in the engine bay, i stumbled upon a dangling wire about 6 inched behind the A/C compressor. This wire was black with a fuse in a white case, with a green wire on the other side going into the firewall. I couldn't find where this wire goes, but i have a feeling as...
Back