• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by ssholland

1. S

Vintage Volvo 164 Injector seal

I am trying to find a better injector seal than stock. The oroiginal part number 419784 is too thin and allows air into the injector. I have tried Airtex 1G1011. It is better than the OEM part, but still not thick enough. Does anybody have suggestions? Thanks. Steve
  2. S

Vintage Another 164 question thread

Ok, even though I own a 73 164, the service manual does not show the electric part attached with the idle adjustment screw. The 75 164 service manual has a picture of the electric part but does not identify it. On page 2:32, figure 2-72 you will see on top of the idle adjustment screw you will...
  3. S

Vintage 164 question

Why do Volvo 164 runs better when the air intake temperature sensor#1 is disconnected? When I connect it, the engine slows down considerably and acts like it might stall. When I unplug it the engine perks up and runs better. I have checked the sensor and it is within ohm specs.
  4. S

73 164 water pump concern

Hello, when I open the radiator cap, I see the fluid go by, but it doesn't seem to flow as fast as I have move in other radiators. I have included a drop box link for anyone to view. I would appreciate and inputs on what you see. Does the radiator fluid seem to flow fast enough? Thanks...
  5. S

73 164 Rough idle after running 20 minutes

This is a scatter shot question since I don't have any specifics to provide other than after running the car for more than 20 minutes, it starts to idle rough. I can turn the engine off, then start it again and it will still idlel roughly, but after I run it a bit more it seems to smooth out...
  6. S

Need Volvo part #461395 Fuel Regulator

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I have searched many places without any luck. Thanks. Steve
  7. S

73 164 Runs Cold

There is one issue I am trying to address. I recently had some work performed. Before it would not run, it would start but not run. Now the engine runs much cooler than when I had it. When I first received the car, it would run a bit on the engine temperature ran a bit on the high side. The...
  8. S

Vintage Idle and running issues

I recently replaced a new fuel pump, cleaned the fuel lines and verified that fuel is being pumped like Old Faithful, but the car idles roughs and backfires and does not stay idling for long before it dies. I have posted a video of the experience here: https://youtu.be/mr6PXPHjiSk I would...
  9. S

1973 164 starting problem

Hello. I have had fuel pump issues of late. Once, the car barely ran briefly only when I pumped the gas pedal like crazy. I almost got it home like that. I replaced the fuel pump and it ran great for a very short while. It started acting up like stalling whenever I made a right turn. Within a...
  10. S

73 164 to elctronic ignition distributor

I have a 73 164 with the points and condenser distributor. I also have the electronic ignition distributor from a 75 164. Can anyone tell me what is involved to make the switch from points and condenser to electronic using the 75 164 electronic distributor? Thanks.
  11. S

Vintage 164 vacuum governor

I have a vacuum governor, part number 243982 link http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/140-164/164-parts-manual/3-electrical/, from a 73 164 which doesn't hold vacuum, but a vacuum governor from a 75 164 which does. Is this normal or should all vacuum governors hold vacuum? Secondly, can someone...
  12. S

Vintage 1973 164 AT idle issue

Hello, I now have a wonderful 73 164. However, it has an idle issue which the mechanic was unable to resolve. I hope someone here can help. Here is the issue; when the engine is cold, the engine will crank normally, but will not start the first try. The second try, the engine will almost...
Back