• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by The Spirit Of Rolling

1. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 AC Fan Wiring questions

I was working on my car at the time this was originally posted, digging into the Green books now Taking my car apart today, I realize a PO rewired things a bit.Im trying to figure out what they have done... Here are pics... An explanation of what we are looking at; if you see the green...
  2. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 DeCarbon=DeCarDone?

Damn cold here in OK, been below freezing for more than a week. We also had 6 inches of snow on top of sleet, which is why I believe the RF strut gave out. The weird thing is, instead of just going completely limp, it has gone rigid! I have about an inch and a half of travel, and then -bang-...
  3. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 B230 Shortblock Rebuild Parts List

Searched. nothing tangible... I'm hoping to get some help here, trying to figure out all that I will need to do this job right. I am hoping to get the Volvo part numbers, I don't have a parts program. I have a SB out of a '91 740, so it has the larger rods. Considering getting squirters...
  4. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Rock Auto Clearance

Just got a pair of Overload Springs from TRW for $50 shipped, better hurry. Many other items on clearance as well, including calipers front and rear.
  5. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Marvel Mystery Oil/Seafoam in Spark Plug Holes?

1986 245 DL, 152# psi on all four, lukewarm In the past I have done the Seafoam water torture test, and it cleaned up the intake a treat. I had the idea to remove the plugs, and pour in a couple table spoons of MMO or Seafoam when the engine was warm, in an effort to perhaps de-coke the rings...
  6. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Parts Diagram for Steering Shaft

1986 245 DL I was hoping someone could point me to a diagram of how this thing is put together. I just removed the 'theft-proof' bolt that hold the steering column to the dash, and replaced them with hex-headed bolts. The wheel is much steadier, but there is still more slop then I would like...
  7. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Disconnect O2 = running uber lean?

My understanding is that this is NOT what should happen, but it's happening... '86 245 LH 2.2, mostly stock. Runs poorly at start up, sometimes requires a second start to keep running, absolutely fine when warm. Prefers the cold ambient air, does not run as well when it is say 70 or warmer...
  8. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Speedo cluster interchange

Car in question is an '86 245, parts cluster is either an '87 or '88. The speedo originally in the '86 has been touch and go for some time, finally found one to change it out with at PAP. Installed the newer cluster complete once I changed over the tach, and everything worked a treat EXCEPT...
  9. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 HT-204 speaker grilles in the rear?

I assume you cannot mount the larger, later speaker grilles in the same location on the rear speaker panel? Therefore this setup is ONLY good for the front mounting location? Searched but nothing comes up under HT-204.
  10. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Same White regardless of year?

Searched around, but could not find anything. I thought I remembered that the white on 240s was the same? The years in question are 86 & 91. Thanks.
  11. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Salvage AC Compressor question

Just got a not very old AC Compressor at the LKQ; couple years old... I am a little concerned about it though, it came from a flood car. Would sitting in water short the coil in the clutch? There is very little rust on the pulley, just where the belt sat, and even then it is just surface...
  12. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Bent wheelshaft; replace it, or the whole stinking axle?

I just discovered that what I thought was a bent wheel is actually a bent wheelshaft (if that is the proper term). The wheel wobbles while spinning on the RR. Took it to the repair shop, and the fella showed me it is nearly perfectly straight, so must assume that the flange where the wheel...
  13. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 245 RR interior panel

When things calm down, I hope to make a thin plywood, or some better board, and transfer the covering/vent over to it. It is amazing how poorly the interior panels wear on these cars, even VWs have more solid door panels. :poo: Mine is as wavy as a kid off to the first day of kindergarten! I...
  14. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Front Brake Caliper Bleeder Screw NLA?

Dealer just told me it was no longer available, but I havent had too many trust-building experiences with them. Can someone here confirm this?
  15. The Spirit Of Rolling

240 Searched; Cable Speedo Differential to Electronic?

A friend is kind enough to give me a differential, but it is from an '84 IIRC. Mine is an '86, and electronic. Will the sensor mount in the cable hole? Or will this work at all? TIA
Back