• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by turbotankshane

1. T

coolant temp gauge with ls swap

I searched but didn't find much in the way of definitive answers. 1990 volvo 240, has a 4.8/4l60e combo, everything works but the coolant temp gauge. I had thought I could just use a stock volvo sender but it seems the thread pitch is off, I found one thread saying that I could use a jeep...
  2. T

microsquirt control of zex tps-activated wet nitrous kit

b230ft, microsquirt v3, 91 s10 I'm using a zex wet kit on the b230ft in my s10, and wiring is simple: red wire to 12v arming voltage, black wire to ground, white wire to tps signal. The box is looking for 5v to tell it the throttle is wide open to switch the kit on. So, looking at nitrous...
  3. T

Who else is using an ostrich for lh tuning?

I'm trying to sort through an issue with someone's car and I need somebody else with an ostrich to trace a few bits of data on their own lh2.4 Volvo for comparison. TIA
  4. T

boost creep with 16t

91 chevy s10, b230ft, 90+, 16t and ms. Once I started trying to actually push this motor in higher revs under boost I've noticed that over 4k boost just runs away from me. Originally I had the actuator with a good bit of preload on it, would hit 10psi near instantly but over 4k would run away...
  5. T

can't correct enough with IAT

91 chevy s10, 92 b230ft, 16t, t5 blue injectors, microsquirt running ms2 extra code. After the last thread, I installed a dw301 fuel pump and haven't run out of fuel since. The problem I'm having now is temp related; I can dial everything in with no correction at 70 degrees ambient temp, then...
  6. T

high idc on 0280255830 t5 blue injectors

at 3bar base pressure these are a 350cc/min injector. I don't plan on running them long, but on a stock b230ft with a 16t, idc at 9psi is up to around ~125%. Am I correct in thinking this is just indicative of a fuel flow issue, or is there something else that can cause idc to be excessively...
  7. T

700r4 tcc lockup control with microsquirt v3

I did some searching and found that ms3 has tcc lockup control capability, but I'm not sure on the micro. In my 91 s10, the trans feeds a high gear signal to the pcm and the pcm will power the clutch based on that input. Is it feasible to use that same circuit with the spare I/O on a microsquirt...
  8. T

general settings for microsquirt

I got my s10 cranking this last weekend, and figured I'd try to get everything debugged before I assemble the rest of the truck and make everything harder to get to. I've got the v3 microsquirt, latest firmware, and have been able to get a solid connection. So far the only sensor I've...
  9. T

heater pipe to water pump bolt size

Searched to no avail, anybody have this size handy?
  10. T

flex plate spacer order

I've done some searching and didn't really come up with a specific answer. Also, I didn't pay attention the one time I've removed these spacers before, because I was replacing the flex plate with a flywheel during a t5 swap. Currently, I'm getting ready to drop a b230ft/700r4 combo into my s10...
  11. T

A Chevy S10: The search for Redblock power

After getting the t5 swap done and realizing the goals I had for a 300whp daily driver 240, I found myself a little bored. So, I promplty traded it off for a 1991 Chevy s10 pickup to have a new project, and I should be picking up a new daily this weekend. Here's the way this thing was...
  12. T

Upgrading to a 90+ manifold finally..

..and I'm not sure if I should order factory manifold to turbo studs or get them a 1/4"-1/2" longer. This is on the 91 240 in my sig. I finally started getting it ready to bolt it up, and had to drill out a few of the studs and chase the threads, so new studs are in order. I know the thread...
  13. T

T5 decel noise/5th gear noise

Here's the specs: 2002 mustang 3.8 v6 t5 gearbox deeworks adapter machined dogdish flywheel saab 240mm pressure plate clutchnet six puck unsprung disc one piece driveshaft hurst shifter Drives great, shifts great, holds power Rattles on light load, and decel above 3k; below 3k its like a...
  14. T

More t5 clutch problems...

Finally got my flywheel and pressure plate back from the machine shop. I had bought my clutch and pressure plate setup under the impression it was for a dogdish flywheel and it was not, so I had my flywheel machined flat, a new bolt circle drilled in and the whole damn thing balanced. Got it...
  15. T

1031 pinion flange dimesions

Specifically, the bolt circle. Anyone have it off hand? Search did not yield much.
Back