• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Volvoist

1. Volvoist

I should have one. PM me.

I should have one. PM me.
  2. Volvoist

Gemo 240 clutch cables

As we are all aware by now, since Gemo discontinued the original metal sheathed clutch cables for aftermarket and for Volvo OE, the quality of the 240 clutch cables isn't great nowadays. I am working with Gemo to bring back these 1377669 cables for the 240 gas models. I have been emailing them...
  3. Volvoist

242 IPD sport springs vs. turbo springs vs. ?

242 IPD sport springs vs. ? I want to replace the springs and shocks/struts on my 83 242... I am thinking of IPD sport springs. I am curious if there are any alternatives out there? I don't really want to lower it as much as level it out. The front has always been too high- higher than most...
  4. Volvoist

240 springs (IPD sport)

Sorry if this has been brought up before... I did a search and came up empty. I am looking to replace the springs in my 83 242. I am thinking about ipd sport springs. Does anyone have before and after pics of a 240 with these springs, preferably with stock wheels? I am also wondering what, if...
  5. Volvoist

2015 Swede Meat (Delaware)

Looking to plan the 2015 Swede Meat here in Delaware. We sold our property in PA, so it won't be there for obvious reasons. We have an acre and a half and are thinking of doing it at our property, but I am open to suggestions. I am thinking it will be sometime in late May or early June. I am...
  6. Volvoist

Annual N. Central PA meet, Mid July

I am looking to plan my annual N. Central PA meet weekend up here for July 13-15th. I was also hoping to do a sort of swap meet this year as well. There is tubing/rafting, you can bring your ATV if it is registered and insured and it can be used on the nearby state trails (I border state land)...
  7. Volvoist

Volvo parts garage sale/swap meet/Volvo meet, N. Central PA

I am thinking of doing another Swede Meat (yes, spelled meat). This time I'd like to do a garage sale to clean up my stuff, as well as a swap meet and Volvo meet. I am thinking about January as a time to do this, but it is weather and interest permitting. I have a ton of stuff to sell... CHEAP...
  8. Volvoist

945T = needs to go FASTER!

I got my '94 945T on the road today finally. The turbo works, but it is still too slow for me. Question is: it has a Mitsu turbo... how can I mod it to boost more? Second: it has a piss ant size intercooler... is a 740 intercooler bigger and will it bolt up to my 945T... and if so, is it worth...
  9. Volvoist

N. Central PA meet July 8-10

N. Central PA meet centered around my annual party in Westport, PA. I was planning a cookout, tubing/rafting on the W. Branch Susquehanna River, and a scenic drive, most likely involving PA-144. I live right off PA-120, so the ride to my house is scenic and fun. I have plenty of room, or bring a...
  10. Volvoist

Need my 242 painted!

I am looking to get my 242 painted by a decent body shop. There are some spots that need to be sanded or taken down to bare metal, but no rust. I want it painted the ORIGINAL color, not some Macco color. Does anyone know a good body shop that can do this for a reasonable price in Delaware or SE...
  11. Volvoist

1976 245 fuel tank recall/update?

Does anyone know any info on the early 240 fuel tank recalls? I remember a few people told me that you can still get the new/updated tank, sender, and in tank pump set-up for a recalled 240. I have a '76 245 that has 148K and the original tank, pump, sender (that is now INOP I think. It has sat...
  12. Volvoist

Anyone around Delaware wanna have a get together

Is there anyone around the Wilmington, Delaware area that would want to get together for a meet of some sort?
  13. Volvoist

80 265 rear noise?? help!

I have an 80 265 with a 3.54 ratio rear. It has 92K original miles. has been making funny noises from the driveline. Cold (after driving it for a few minutes) a scraping noise comes from the rear wheels, it gets louder and louder. I jerk the wheel to one side and it'll go away then sometimes...
  14. Volvoist

240 Diesel (i know, don't laugh!) question!

I aquired for $200 a rust free, 77K mile 1984 244 diesel. The diesel cranks, no broken belts. I opened the hood and noticed that the glow plugs were out of it, I told him (my buddy that owns the Volvo shop where it is located in the back in the Volvo boneyard) that, and he said it may have had a...
  15. Volvoist

89 240 cruise installation HELP!!!!!!

I need help big time on this one:) How is the 89 240 Cruise control wired and where do the vacuum lines go? I have it all installed and all I need is help as to the gray, orange, and the brake light switch wire, and the vacuum hoses, PLEASE help!! :)Punkrocker782@aol.com
Back