• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Volvoteen

No wastegate line and only boosting 9 lbs????

The problem is basically as stated in the title. I'm in the process of resolving it but would still like to hear what you guys think. The car simply DOES NOT wanna make boost. With a ported 15g, a MBC torqued all the way down, and a tightened wastegate...it still only manages to muster up...
  2. Volvoteen

Boost Gauge Quandries

Alright, so I purchased a boost gauge 2 days ago and it seemed to be calibrated perfectly to zero. Got it hooked up in the car and after it took a little boost while driving, when I turned off the car, it was hanging a tad below zero (1 or 2 lbs into vacuum). After a second run, it now hangs...
  3. Volvoteen

850R acting screwy...

Okay...I notice it especially on kickdown in second gear (good from about 45 mph - 75mph). Normally my car LOVES to accelerate on the interstate, but it just seems like its dying up top. Where the powerband starts to come on strong usually, now it starts to pull hard, then just slacks off. I...
  4. Volvoteen

Volvo strut tower brace???

I saw one for sale on Ebay. I'm not just saying that it is for a volvo...It is made BY volvo for the 850's...does anyone know anything about its quality? I had never heard of a volvo "OEM" strut brace before... p.s. Hope this is not a repost
  5. Volvoteen

I need some help...new headlights

Okay so...i have an 850R...i ordered some black jewel headlights for it and this being my first "do it yourself" job...im not really sure how to install them...or even how to uninstall the stock ones that are on the car already? can anybody guide me through it or help me out somehow? Id...
  6. Volvoteen

Modifying the C30...can you??

Being such a new car, i was wondering if anyone knew of any real aftermarket performance parts for them...ECU upgrades, exhausts and things of that nature...I do not have the know-how to simply pop the hood and start modifying and fabricating things myself...is anyone thinking along the lines of...
  7. Volvoteen

240 Diesel Performance

is there anybody here who knows anything about the diesel engine 240's..or about wat route i should take to start workin on one?
  8. Volvoteen

N/A cams and timing for turbo car

I own a 96 850R and have recently been curious as to gains i can make by playin around with the camshafts...ive been told by several people that the N/A cams work well in them. My question is pretty much how well...how will simply swapping my turbo cams for n/a ones affect my powerband? And...
  9. Volvoteen

If you dont have your own shop...

Seems like everybody who has a really powerful car here has their own shop or atleast does their own work..for all of us (which might just be me) who dont have the tools (like a welder) or the facilities to do all of our own work...is there anywhere to go that provides good performance parts...
  10. Volvoteen

People dont take volvos seriously

Okay i own a 300bhp 94 850 turbo...anyone whos been in the car knows exactly what the term "sleeper" means...I've always wanted it to be that way but i really need some tailights that will set it off just a little bit more..anybody have any idea where i can find some aftermarket tailights? Im...
  11. Volvoteen

Black Jewel Headlamps

Some people might like 'em...but i could do without the factory 1994 850T headlamps...I've seen a few pictures of these "black jewel" headlight configurations and wanted to know where i could order or buy some...I live in VA, about 45 minutes from Richmond.
  12. Volvoteen

Remanufacturd engines in VA

Hey everybody...i havnt posted in a while...I drive a 1994 850 turbo and was wondering if anybody had any idea as to if there was a reputable business that remanufactured volvo engines and/or transmissions in Virginia. I found a site for Thunderbolt who's services fit exactly what im looking...
  13. Volvoteen

Custom Decals "Turbo R"

This really isnt the forum for this, but it seems like not to many people actually view the wanted forum so anyway...I had my 1994 850 turbo repainted and the trunklid decals didnt match my cars new look...Since I have to replace them anyway I wanted to go with some new ones...Im looking for the...
  14. Volvoteen

In Continuation

You should read the "cars need oil" thread before you read this... I look under the car to find that a hose is, for lack of a better word, decimated!!! With that amount of damage it would be minutes before any new oil would join the old oil on the ground under the car...we head out in the XC-90...
  15. Volvoteen

Its a fact...Cars need oil!!

I've said it before...my car was a hand me down from my mother when i turned 16...Its a 94 850 turbo and it was my baby from the moment she handed me the keys. Since ive had it ive done about 15-20 hp worth the upgrades as well as a little rim and tire upgrade. Well the last week or two, for...
  16. Volvoteen

How much are YOU spending on mods?

I'm hearing all these prices for exhaust from you guys....$500-$600 dollars and lower. Where do yall see these prices and are they from used parts or new. Im lookin to buy a new exhaust and ECU package for my 1994 850 turbo from IPD, and the package costs around $1500 dollars. (Give or take)...
  17. Volvoteen

Inexpensive engine internal checks?

I'm preparing to do some more serious modifications on my 1994 850 turbo and am wondering if there is any inexpensive way to tell if I have any significant compression loss in the cylinders. All the externals and electrical components of my engine are either brand new aftermarket parts or in...
  18. Volvoteen

Reoccuring money pit problems

I drive a 1994 volvo 850 turbo...it has around 180,000 miles on it but most of those are highway. It was previously owned by my mom so neglect may have been a factor. Since I've owned the car though, its been in the shop for regular services as well as a recent turbo replacement. It runs well...
Back