• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. cmunkee

Halo brakes on a 240

holy crap:omg: Started doing some work on my '76 245 that I got a couple days ago. the rear pinion seal was shot and it had the little 1030 rear so I was about to swap a 1031 with a G80 and 3:55 gear set in. All new poly and fresh brakes. Glad I did. This is what I found when I took the...
  2. cmunkee

boost creep after 15g install

I put my 15g on and now I'm getting boost creep. It's not horrible (maybe 2psi), but more than what I'm used to. It's a 15g cold side and cartridge with a 13t angled exhaust side. As for the w/g actuator I set it to 8psi then dialed my mbc up to 14. I had to lengthen the vac tube for the mbc...
  3. cmunkee

turbo question/ poll for my 242

My 13c is blowing oil so its tim to change it. This will be my first time upgrading the turbo and I have a couple options. I want to go with the angled exhaust flange and I have a good 16t w/ the angled flange but was planning on putting it on my XC. MY other option is to take my good 13t...
  4. cmunkee

Denso alternator on 240 ?

Picked up a Denso alternator for the 240 today. Questions. What size belt ave you guys used. And which pulpy or is it even possible to put the larger pulpy from a Bosch alt on to the Denso alternator.
  5. cmunkee

The murdered '77

So I am finally going to do a project thread on my '77. I picked this up as a shell a couple years ago through reeferman (thanks). It was bare bones. No interior, engine or trans. It was already painted ppg flat black and had the trim shaved and holes welded (badly). Soooo. engine...
  6. cmunkee

front end clunk *I prevented near disaster today*

The infamous front end clunk... For those that have checked and rechecked and tightened and replaced parts and bolts. My '79 GT had a very mysterious clunk. It had not been on the road in at least three years so I swapped everything. NOS Decarbons, manual zf rack rebuilt. new tie rod ends...
  7. cmunkee

Ring and pinion ?

I'm looking for ring and pinion part numbers, or if anyone knows the number of teeth for either gear set. Specifically for the 3:55 and 3:73 gear sets. I'm ready to put in another dif but mixed up which ring and pinion go together. Help. I need to get my car back on the road. -Colin
  8. cmunkee

pics and thoughts- 240 + virgos + spacers

Any one have pics of virgos w/ spacers on a 240. I want mine to be close too flush so thinking 20mm up front and 25mm rear.
  9. cmunkee

Wierd GT panhard rod

So I pulled the panhard from my GT today to make it adjustable and what was on there is very different from any other 240 I have seen. It is much larger in diameter than normal. Is this a GT thing? Did someone put a 740/940 bar on it? It is hard to see how much larger it is in the picture...
  10. cmunkee

How high is too high

Another quench/squish thread. Assembling a high cr tight squish B230 n/a. The block has not been decked but the pistons are popping .013 above the deck. It's fully balanced and blueprinted. looking at .028 to .032 for min quench but are the pistons too high?
  11. cmunkee

Cheetah edition 244

Saw this on the way to picking up Slumlord's 245 SE last week. Sorry for the crappy phone pics She even matched the interior...fuzzy dice and all
  12. cmunkee

NW: Euros in the valley

May 9th @ Linn County fair grounds in Albany Or. All euro car meet/ show. check out www.eurosinthevalley.com
  13. cmunkee

PIR drags 4/10 or 4/11 and auto-x at hoodoo 4/11 &4/12

I know it's a little late for notice and the weather sucks and doesn't look to good for the weekend but there will be late night drags at PIR this weekend and auto X at hoodoo ski area if it doesn't snow. Who's down if the events happens? Every one can check the central oregon autocross club...
  14. cmunkee

Help! my M47 is stuck in 4th

So I was driving over the pass this morning on my my home from the valley... nice fun twisty mountain road with just the right amount of snow and ice for a lightened 242 w/ a welded rearend. I was taking it pretty easy and not letting it get above 4 lbs of boost being that I am trying to make...
  15. cmunkee

I got some new shoes to add to my collection

I have loved these wheels since ipd introduced them back in the day...now I finally have a set. 15 x 7 et20. they were perfect til I had the local tire shop repair a dead tire when they dinged one of the rims. Now it is going to go to skip's wheel works in Portland to get reworked. the whole...
  16. cmunkee

240 enginge harness?

I am putting a B23 in my '79 GT and hopefully going lh 2.2. Still searching for an engine harness being that the one I had for the B23 lh 2.0 is bad, very bad. Can I use a 240 lh2.4 engine harness, being that they don't go to crap as easily, or do I have to find a lh 2.2 harness? Thanks Colin
  17. cmunkee

240 rear billy?

So I was looking at swapping my rear Billy HDs for some suburban ones and checking them out. Just want to know if any one else has come across this. The Suburban Billies I got from a '96 4x4 front are the exact same length compressed and extended as the Volvo Billies. Yes the Suburban billies...
  18. cmunkee

3'' amm ?

I found an 025 amm. Will this work with brown tops and lh2.4?
  19. cmunkee

Turbo question

Does anyone know the difference, if any, in flow and numbers between the mitsu 13c and 13t. The 13t came on the low pressure turbo S/V70s and has a larger exhaust outlet than the standard 13c on the red blocks. Wandering if it would spool quicker or have any better flow. Thanks, Colin
  20. cmunkee

Help w/ head gasket r&r on V70XC

I'm doing the head gasket on my Cross Country along with upgrading the turbo and injectors. Does anyone know how critical it is to use the roll on gliquid gasket for the upper half of the head. Can I get away with using rtv for aluminum or does it have to be the roll on type. And how thick...
Back