• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. S

Project Get Out of Its Own Way V.2

Something I’ve been wanting to do but was having a good time building a fun B230 Volvo that would get out of its own way is to put a cammed V8 into my first car. I got this car back in high school in 1997. It wasn’t until I retired it as my daily driver back in 2010 I really started toying with...
  2. S

Td04hl-20t Value

I?m trying gauge what the value of this turbo is. It has a Forge CBV, 3? angled turbine. The problem with it is that it has excessive end play. Needs a rebuild though it worked well in my car when I pulled it. Any ideas? https://ibb.co/hM51zSx https://ibb.co/YhWBDFc Thanks
  3. S

Trim Adhesive

What do you guys recommend for trim adhesive? I want to buy a decent amount to replace all my Volvo 240 trim around the doors.
  4. S

11s on a basic build?

Has anyone run 11s on fairly mild build with a 530/531 head. I was able to run 12.9@106 car weight is 3415 lbs letting my 72L transmission shift at 5500 rpm. I have a rev limiter set at 7000 and the turbo I have still feels like it has a lot more breath in it. I was scared to push the 13mm Rods...
  5. S

Turbine Wheel

Currently I have a 11 blade turbine wheel on my TD04HL-20T. I?m wondering if it?s worth trying a 9 blade turbine wheel? I think I have the turbo pretty maxed out with my setup.
  6. S

Transmission fitting leak.

I have a leaking transmission fitting. The 90 degree bend one that goes into the 5an opening in the transmission. Just seeing if you guys have an idea on what to use to fix it. It may need a new o-ring. Is there a specific o ring that you know of that fits correctly?
  7. S

Running Warm

My 90 240 is running warmer than usual. I can reduce the temperature to normal operating temperature by turning the heater on. The thermostat is about a year old. Just seeing if there is anything to look out for. I'm putting in a new thermostat this week. The plugs look fine and car runs well...
  8. S

Alternator/charging

I'm trying to fix my charging system. At idle I'll get 13.8 volts once I start turning on my lights, switches, radio etc. it drops voltage. I got it to drop under 11 volts this way. Is there anything I can check?
  9. S

Aw72

How involved is replacing the parking pawl in Aw72L? Do you have drop the transmission?
  10. S

Th350 vs th400

Just seeing what's a good fit behind a red block? Tail shaft length and GM transmission th350 & 400. If you guys have any crossmember pics that would be awesome.
  11. S

Aw72L

So I'm about to be on my 6th transmission ever since I've plus T'd my 240. I've replaced the transmission every year. I added the accumulator mod, two trans coolers and a fan. I guess it just doesn't like slicks and drag racing. Not sure what to do next. I have one more spare transmission then I...
  12. S

Holset HE351CW

How laggy is the Holset HE351HE with B230 8v engines? About what Rpm would they start making 20 psi? B230FT IPD turbo cam
  13. S

Making the Brick Faster

I ran my 1990 Volvo 240 last night. It went 13.8@97 with a 2.0 60ft. Here is my setup Aem 340Lph pump 80lb injectors 3" mass LH2.4 chipped EZK chipped E85 25psi boost 8 to 1 compression Minimal head work. Radius exhaust valves, 3 angle valve grind. Ipd Turbo cam 3300 stall converter with...
  14. S

E85 warm up.

The colder it gets outside it seems like it takes my Volvo a long time to 100 percent warm up. Seems to run cooler on the highway but still blows hot air. The car doesn't seem to like highboost unless the car is fully warmed up. Anyone else have this issue?
  15. S

Gear shift and transmission hitting.

Has anyone had the bottom of their gear shift bucket come into contact with the top of the transmission output hub? I have this issue and it's causing a loud knocking noise when in gear and in motion. 1990 Volvo 240 Auto Aw72L
  16. S

Air fuel E85

What are you guys running at on your wideband at Full boost on E85? My car is holding 10.5:1 on my wide band at 25psi. It's running really well at it.
  17. S

Front Bearing

How did you guys remove and install the outer bearing race on your Volvo 240 hubs?
  18. S

Intank E85 fuel pump

What Intank fuel pumps people have converted to on E85 to handle 400whp plus?
  19. S

Brake pads

I'm looking for a more aggressive brake pads for my Volvo 240. Ever since I went to a ceramic pad the car doesn't brake near as hard. Any suggestions would help.
  20. S

Pulsating idle

I got a pulsating idle which goes away after giving the car a bit of gas. Unhooking the idle control motor doesn't change it. I'm getting a 2-2-3 code. Has anyone had this issue? Volvo 240 1990 lh2.4 auto
Back