• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. m4ff3w

960 '95 960 - no fuel

I'm still trying to get this '95 960 running. I bought it with a blown headgasket, got that repaired, but had no spark. I patched the harness and got it resolved. Then I had no fuel. So I cut out the upper portion of the harness and spliced in a new one. I still don't have fuel. With the...
  2. m4ff3w

960 '95 960 - no spark

I recently purchased a '95 960 w/blown head gasket. I finally got it all back together today and it turns over fine. However, I get no spark. I've double checked all the harness plugs and ground straps, but no sparky. The battery is on the charger now, so maybe in a few hours I can try...
  3. m4ff3w

960 960 cam timing

I bought a 95 960 with the head off, the PO took it off to change the head gasket. The only thing is, the marks he made on the cams don't make sense in regards to valves and pistons occupying the same place. I built the cam locking tool, but the marks on the cam pulleys neither point inwards...
  4. m4ff3w

960 Name that part!

I just bought a '95 960 that needs to be put back together. One of the parts is broken, but I don't know where it is from. Anyone know what part that is, so I can find it at PnP? I haven't spent much time looking at the car yet, I gotta get the garage cleaned up first.
  5. m4ff3w

Anyone know if LH-Jet and L-Jet connectors are the same?

Anyone know if LH-Jet and L-Jet connectors are the same? I'm going to 'squirt my Alfa and will be making an adapter to plug into the harness. L-Jet boxes are not nearly as common as LH-Jet and both are 35 pin connectors. Anyone know if the connectors are the same?
  6. m4ff3w

740 a/c clutch won't kick on - 12v @ low pressure switch?

We have a 91 745t w/non-functioning air. The compressor clutch activates when jumpered with 12v. Jumpering at the low pressure switch has no effect. There is not 12v @ low pressure swich. I have tried 3 different MCC control units, all of which have had solder joints reflowed (that was an...
  7. m4ff3w

780 trunk release assembly - still avaliabe?

Anyone know if the above part is still available from Volvo?
  8. m4ff3w

A2W intercooler questions

How large of a reservoir is needed for an A2W intercooler? I know more water is better, but how do I find/calculate the optimal balance between cooling and weight? Also, how much flow is required from the pump? The car isn't a drag racer, just autoX and daily driver.
  9. m4ff3w

Which coil packs for wasted spark?

Which coil packs should I use for my X1/9? MS2/Extra. Car is 1.5l 8v, will run about 10 psi from a 13c. Autocrosser and daily driver. Any real difference between EDIS-4, DSM, Toyota, or any other coil packs that I will find at the local Pick-N-Pull?
  10. m4ff3w

BattV issue - alternator?

Are the problems shown below indicative of a failing alt? The car will actually run rough at idle with the headlights on at times. Turn them off, and it idles OK again.
  11. m4ff3w

anyone have manifold flange drawing (or tdo4 side drawing)

Anyone have a drawing of a TD04 turbine housing flange or the manifold side? I am going to get an adapter milled so I can use my 13c on my X1/9 using the stock manifold.
  12. m4ff3w

13c or 12b

My Megasquirted Fiat X1/9 will sprout a turbo from the exhaust manifold. I have both a 13c and a 12b. Is there any possible senario where I would want to use the 12b instead? The car is a 1.5l SOHC car. Frequent jaunts to 7200+rpm.
  13. m4ff3w

non-Volvo MS question

I'm trying to setup my X1/9 to run with the VR sensor in the distributor feeding RPM signal to MS2Extra (V3.0 board) (I get a good signal while craking) and MS2Extra triggering the coil. I am able to get fuel and spark, but they are not happening at the correct times. The distributor's VR...
  14. m4ff3w

megasquirt - what is wrong with it

My MS I box is broked. I can't get any communication with it. When I do the loop back test, loopback is good. I do get 5.03v on the outside of the voltage regulator. It is a V3.0 board with a MS1 chip.
  15. m4ff3w

91 745t - cutting out under load and won't start w/out throttle

91 745t is driving me crazy. We were gone on vacation for 8 days. Car didn't have issues when we left. We got home and drove the wagon to go pick up the dog, it had a couple of bouts of not wanting to start. Turned out the positive battery cable was a bit loose. Tightened it up and the car...
  16. m4ff3w

Anyone have a MS2-Extra msq (91 745t, VR sensor, single out)

I have megasquirt all hooked up but I'm not getting a RPM signal. I want to make sure everything in settings is correct. I have the VR sensor hooked up to a shielding XLR cable, but no signal :(
  17. m4ff3w

lh2.4 -> MS wiring diagram

I know a few of you have built LH2.4 to MS harnesses, anyone have a diagram that is a bit easier to read than the Volvo diagrams at the russian site? If not, I know how I am spending my day but I thought maybe someone would have something handy.
  18. m4ff3w

megasquirt (will it spool?) San Antonio TX June 7, 2008

Going to try to get megaquirt running Saturday. Anyone wanna drop by? I think a few of the guys from a couple euro clubs are gonna stop by to see what MS is all about. 7402 Rimhurst, San Antonio, Tx 3four3-0six9zero I'll drag the grill out front.
  19. m4ff3w

browntops + 17psi = rich?

I have a 91 745t with a 16t, small NPR, 2.5" exhaust, and a set of browntops at 3.0bar Does low 10 AFRs at WOT sound right for 17psi with browntops? I figured they would be getting on towards lean at that point.
  20. m4ff3w

16t + 12b = ?

Is it possible to made the cold side of a 16t and a TD05 hotside from a 12b? Is it worthwhile? What are the "magic assortment of bolts/nuts" to get a TD05 to mate to a 90+?
Back