• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. MKUltra

Deans 1966 Volvo 122s Wagon- Saved from the crusher...

About a month ago now I woke up as I normally do on Wednesdays, annoyed because it's 530am and I'm started another hour long commute in Atlanta. I took a peek at my Facebook(because dopamine) and found a tag from a friend of mine, Scott Rasmussen, of the Bay Area Vintage Volvo Nuts. In the...
  2. MKUltra

Dean's 1967 Volvo 122s Coupe- Abandoned in woods for 35 years

Well I figured it'd be about time I condense all this tom foolery into one place. To get the timeline right and the thoughts less "spaghetti central". February of 2022 I found this car on marketplace when I should've been doing something else more important. I had to explain to my lady it was a...
  3. MKUltra

Dean of Machines IKEA Pop Up Meet- San Mateo Ca

1700 E Bayshore Rd, East Palo Alto, CA 94303 July 22, 2023 7pm until whenever. This is a hang around and bullshit event. Flying under the radar. We might get kicked out. Top floor of the parking garage. Cheers
  4. MKUltra

91 245... Another stock ride.

Two weeks out of boot camp and I finally found a 245 I could deal with! Just one pick for now. Stock, 224000 miles, Auto, NA, BORING... The paint is a very badly done repaint with bad sun fade on it. Heres the only pic i have right now until my mom mails out my camera. $600 bucks...
  5. MKUltra

Brake Line Failure

This isn't on the wagon its actually on the 95 truck but lines are pretty general so Im throwing it in maintenance. The line from the master cylinder to the drivers front caliper failed. The only reason why I ask is because even though I've done plenty of motor swaps, plenty of headgaskets...
  6. MKUltra

Trans about to blow?

The 90 245 with the auto trans and b230f(everything stock) is making some noises. The strange thing is its only under hard acceleration and turning left. The sound seems to come from just in front of the shifter(inside, obviously in the trans tunnel). It sounds like when you would stick your...
  7. MKUltra

MKUltra's IKEA Thread, the weekend... start to finish.

8 am, time to hit the road! 8:30 am, The NYS Trooper want to say hi and give me proof of how fast i was going int he for of a ticket for 82 in a 65... oops. ALSO pay special attention to the volvo that i happen to catch driving by... that wasnt planned About 11/11:30 ish... construction zone...
  8. MKUltra

What do you think is wrong with it?

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/pts/1663025089.html fuel filter? timing? tranny issue? Broken throttle cable?
  9. MKUltra

Too Much Positve camber?

Now ive never noticed it until i put my white car's 780 wheels on the blue car. You can visually see that the car has serious positive camber... not to mention i always thought the car sat high in the front. Whats the deal? Think some one swapped in diesel springs in the front and the car...
  10. MKUltra

Windshield Wipers broken...

so the aluminum double pulley which-a-ma-call-it(the one the two wires wrap around) fell off of the passenger side wiper shaft causng the inopeable wiper syndrome. so i first tried putting it back on... it fell off tried putting it back on with glue... it fell off finally i was at the...
  11. MKUltra

MK's 68 122s, rat-it-out thread

So i picked this beast up for a few hundred. been sitting a few years, P/O just didnt have the cash to throw at it and let it sit and get to its current state. between half assing things and getting it done as quick as possible, its got its issues. its got a rebuilt motor and rebuilt...
  12. MKUltra

68 122s no clutch pedal movement...

The car runs but unfortunatly whats keeping me from putting it on the road is the brakes and clutch. right now the clutch pedal doesnt even move. its all the way up and does move enough to take the slack out of the linkage but the master cylinder doesnt even move. its just stopping dead like...
  13. MKUltra

POP, oil everywhere...

driving home from work today i heard this pop, like a bubble gum bubble. except muffled by the car. then i notice a bit of smoke behind me. i do have a rubber line on my trans line taht i figured may have gotten tired of getting warm and cold and let go. make it home pop the hood and theres oil...
  14. MKUltra

780 wheels on a 240

put mine on today... had to take removed the bump stop type things from the back of the rear caliper on the left and right rear calipers. these are the large block type deals that are bolted to the caliper and divert force from your rear bumper (when rear ended) into your rear axle wich takes...
  15. MKUltra

divorced the hubbies, lost the rack...

so after my last photo shoot thread http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=149529 i took the positive feedback and of course, lost the hub caps in favor of my unusually deep dished bertone wheels. lost roofrack. painted the grill black, new front hockeysticks. needs to be lowered id...
  16. MKUltra

780 bertone rims 7x15

would they bolt to the 240 no problem? no rubbing ect? tried a couple searches but nothing eactly says itll fit a 200 but mentions the wider wheel may not fit right on the 240 ad, http://syracuse.craigslist.org/pts/873086789.html
  17. MKUltra

photo shoot... 56k death...

had some free time tonight so i sprayed down the wagon and went to a good pic location. heres what i got...
  18. MKUltra

pics of the toys... just because...

stickers came!! chillin in the garage with the jeep i heart my jeep and volvo white chin spoiler is still waiting for the jury... some pics say yes.. others say now..
  19. MKUltra

Bang bang bang bang

so my grandfather and i were in my car. i was driving him home after dinner at my dads an we were talking about how my car is a good little car and hes never ridden in it but likes it and i was bragging how nothing ever goes wrong ect ect... get near his house and make theturn into his...
  20. MKUltra

trans line blew...

line going to the back side of the tranny is leaking a good two drops a second at idle... where to find a tranny line?
Back