• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. dreamer1uk

Not Received TBricks Store Items

Hey all, Anyone know how to contact someone who runs the TBricks store as i still havent received my items and constantly have errors when trying to contact support. No luck with site admins either :(
  2. dreamer1uk

93 940 Diagnostic Help Before Purchase

Hello all, I have been a long time lurker of these forums. I finally have another option to purchase another Volvo, however, this one has a potential issue id like some clarification on. The Volvo is a 93 940 2.3 NA with the Regina Ignition and Fuel system. The issue with the vehicle is...
  3. dreamer1uk

Quick Question Before Next Volvo Purchase

Hi all, Im hoping to be back into the Volvo scene again today. I went to view a 90 240DL yesterday with supposedly 156k miles.The car is really really clean, no rust, doesnt look like the back seats were ever sat in and will make a great base for a project. However, i do have one concern. The...
  4. dreamer1uk

New Member-ish.. :)

Hi all, Im somewhat back into the Volvo scene again :). I use to post on here back in 07/08 when i bought my 85 760T. The 760T was unfortunatley sold a few years ago and to this day, i still regret selling it :( After the Volvo went, i started playing with Mustangs, particulary the Foxbodies...
  5. dreamer1uk

Another sick Volvo :( Help With Diagnosis

Hi Volvo Family! Im need your exertise in diagnosing what happened with my 1985 760T tonight. The story... I just finished replacing the brakes and decided to take it for a test drive. Everything was going great. On the way home is where the drama started. I noticed that when i tried to...
  6. dreamer1uk

Correct Way Of Doing a Compression Test?

Hi all, Hope your having a great holiday! Im going to be viewing another Volvo this weekend (740T Wagon) and my wife bought me a whole bunch of mechanics tool for Christmas, inc a Compression Test gauge ect. So, after searching these forums on Compression tests and having my teacher in college...
  7. dreamer1uk

Hot Air/Warm Air Hose Removal Question..

Hi all, S the Hot Air/Warm Air hose in my Volvo is pretty much faling to peices, hence the duct tape! Now, are these hoses necessary? or can they be removed and forgotten? Here is a pic of the hose in question.
  8. dreamer1uk

Help With ID'ing Engine Bay Parts. Please Educate Me :)

Hey guys! Theres a few engine bay components in my Volvo 760T that im unsure of there correct name as well as function. The one item that is really stumping me in the component that has been placed inbetween my Radiator and Intercooler. I cannot think for the life of me why its there when...
  9. dreamer1uk

1985 760T Blower Motor Replacement Questions...

Hi all, Just when im getting my Volvo ready for winter daily driving, my Automatic Climiate controls are not working at all. Im assuming its the blower motor and/or resister. The switch seems to be working fine but there motor seems to be un-responsive. I also discovered that if i try to...
  10. dreamer1uk

1985 760T Sedan Strut Questions..

Hi all, I was looking at new struts for my Volvo that i will probably end up purchasing next year and i have a few questions. Yes i did search before this post :) 1) My 1985 760T supposedly has those Nivomat rear shocks, well, do i need to buy a conversion kit to replace these with regilar...
  11. dreamer1uk

Installed New Bosch Platinum Plugs, now Terrible Acceleration Issues..

Hi all, Im greatly losing faith in my Volvo 760T. :( I decided to do some easy maintenance and went to Autozone to buy some of the Bosch Platinum Plugs (4012). They installed great, engine idled alot better than before but the problem is, when im accelerating, it sounds like its...
  12. dreamer1uk

Brake Service Question...

Hi there, I am going to attempt to change my pads and rotors on my 85 760 Turbo when funds are available. Now, what is the best way to see what type of calipers i have so i can buy the correct parts? Also, for the calipers, do i need to buy a special tool to press in the pistons or will a C...
  13. dreamer1uk

Turbo Hose, Vacuum Delay Valve Question...

Hey guys, Well, i made my first mistake with my 1985 760 Turbo. I was replacing decayed vacuum hoses in the engine bay. I replaced the Vacuum hose that goes from the BOV to the Manifold in the process. Well, now, i have lost all my Boost. When looking under the hood with the engine running...
  14. dreamer1uk

Coolant \

Coolant Drain, Flush and Refill Questions... Hey guys, Im going to attempt to drain, flush and refill my coolant this week but i have a couple of questions. The first is, do you guys recomend any particular brand for the refill as well as tips for the job? The second question is, when buying...
  15. dreamer1uk

Alternator Belt Tensioner Replacement?

Hi there, The bolt that adjusts the tension on the Alternator belt broke on me today. Are the belt tensioners on the alternators available to buy seperatley or do i need to buy a whole new alternator just to get that tensioning device? I was also thinking of pulling my current alternator out...
  16. dreamer1uk

Electrical Problems. At Wits End...

Hey all, I purchased a 1985 Volvo 760 Turbo a few weeks ago now. It seemed to be a perfect project car but i think i have bitten off more than i can chew. Im having some frustrating electrical issues and i dont know what else to try. I bought a Haynes manual and are continously searching the...
  17. dreamer1uk

Tranns Fluid Change on a 1985 760T....

Hey guys, Whats your thoughts on changing the trans fliud on my 85 760T with 212k miles? I have read conflicting reports not to change the fluid due to the seals will fail, and i have read other posts that its a must. How do you guys feel?
  18. dreamer1uk

85 760T Engine and Turbo Cleaning

Hey guys! (I tried to search but the search option seems to be broken) I just purchased a 1985 760T and are in the process of trying to make the car look new again. Even though it has a few issues (i posted earlier regarding the charging issues it has), im a neat freak and very obsessed with...
  19. dreamer1uk

Debating on Buying a 1985 760T but has Charging Issues. Any Input?

Hi all! Ive been to look at twice now this 1985 Volvo 760T. The body is in MINT condition but the dealer said that the new Alternator isnt charging the battery very well. And my main concern about buying it is driving it 40 miles home and be stranded. Everything else works on the car though...
Back