• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. gj940

Volvo 240(?) OEM oil temp gauge - how rare is this?

Hi guys, Years ago I bought an oil temp gauge which I believe is supposed to go in a 240. I can't find much info about this gauge and the www and would like to know if it's really meant for a 240 and if it is, what model/type? Is it indeed rare and would anyboy know the current value of it? I...
  2. gj940

012 AMM: engine stalls and runs very rich

So I bought a complete T3/T4 turbo set of a fellow Dutchman. After driving around with the 15G for years I thought it was time to upgrade. The set consists of a T3/T4 turbo, Green Giants, 012 AMM, custom 7200 rpm chips, wasted spark, AFPR, big Iveco IC and a screamer pipe. The previous owner...
  3. gj940

IPD HD CBV spring replacement

I'm embarred asking this but I just bought IPD's heavy duty CBV. There already was a spring in the CBV but how can I get it out to replace it with a heavier spring? There are 3 options so im assuming its changeable. Help is much appreciated...
  4. gj940

So this is how a open downpipe really sounds

I know I'm not the first one here to install an exhaust cutout bypass, but for me it's the first 940 that I know of that has one here in the Netherlands. Do comment please! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVztrmb0kM8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL...
  5. gj940

short question about oil catch can venting

quick question about oil catch can venting Recently I installed a catch can on my 940T. I used 14 mm hoses and it's connected to the intake now. As I wanna change my intake setup (open air filter and place the AMM to IC coldside) I wanna let the catch can vent to the atmosphere. No problems...
  6. gj940

Shot 2 vids today of my 940 turbo

Got a bit bored today and shot 2 vids of my car. First one is a 0-100 run. Guess I could have been a bit faster if I would let the engine build some boost before taking off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfnqH5qNuOw Second vid is a bit longer and made in a parking garage. Notice that the...
  7. gj940

When do I need to install a 3" AMM?

So I installed a wideband a couple of weeks ago in my 940 with 15G turbo. I set the turbo at 1.0 bar and it's still running a bit rich with the fuel pressure set at 3,5 bar with the stock injectors. I guess that if I up the fuel pressure to 4 bar I have enough fuel for 1.2 bar of boost. That's...
  8. gj940

Looking for 960 3" AMM install pics

Well, I'm finally almost to the point where I'm about to install bigger injectors and a 960 3" AMM in my 940. I looked yesterdag with a friend for the best install option, but we are not sure what's the best way. I have a Mullen1120 aluminium heatshield that I wanna put in also. Please show me...
  9. gj940

SSQV LH2.4 problem, I know, I know

SSQV LH2.4 problem, I know, I know. Pics added Right, first of all let me say I know that installing a blowoff can cause serious stalling problems on a LH2.4. But, after a lot of research here I found out that the first type HKS SSQV could work good on my '95 940 auto. So I found a nice one...
  10. gj940

Quick question - boost spike

Quick question - boost spike - pics added Just a quick question about boost spike. I drive a '95 940 LPT auto still with the 13C and recently installed a Greddy Profec A EBC (I like to keep it simple). It's great to be able to adjust the boost from inside the car, but it has the same slight...
  11. gj940

Dutch '95 940, my first Volvo

Been looking around here for a while, so let's finally introduce myself! I'm Gert-Jan, from the Netherlands and drive for almost 1,5 year my '95 940 sedan. After a couple of VW's and one Alfa Romeo I wanted someting bigger and more reliable. Besides driving bricks is sort of a family hobby:-P...
  12. gj940

940 how to test your fan?

Hi guys, Since 8 months I have a 940 2.3 LPT and I'm very happy with it. However, I've never heard the e-fan working. Does anybody know how I can test it? I believe it should always be running when the ECC is switched on, is that true?
  13. gj940

dawesdiveces Air/fuel ratio meter

Okay guys, my first post here on turbobricks. First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Gert-Jan from The Netherlands and I drive a 940 LPT since two weeks. I'm real happy with the car, done some small work on it and replacet the rear breaks. Yesterday I build in an air/fuel meter from...
Back