• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. crazy240

B30 VS penta AQ 170?

I have a 73 164 I am restoring. It currently has the fuel injection system on it that acts up whenever it feels like it. Incidentally I bought a boat and ended up getting a second because the guy was sick of working on the penta motor. The penta motor has 3 carbs I think are solex and I am...
  2. crazy240

Does a LH2.4 block and flywheel mate with a M46?

I have a 82 242 turbo missing most of the 2.1 parts and a 91 LH 2.4 B230ft from a 940. Can I run the 2.4 with the M46? I know I need to notch the bell housing but what is needed to make the flywheel and clutch work? Basically I have a donor 940 with everything needed for a 2.4 swap in the 242...
  3. crazy240

Rear mount radiator in a 240?

Anybody have a picture of a rear mounted radiator in a 240? I am building a 242 and toying with a T6 swap. I thought a rear mounted radiator could look cool with the right louvers/air dams and save some space for all 6 mad Vikings.
  4. crazy240

242 turbo fuse box reference photos needed.

I came in to ownership of an old 242 turbo I had a few years ago over the weekend. Sadly the car is no longer intact and was a drift car dream torn apart and just left in pieces. The wiring looks to be there with parts of a LH2.4 conversion spliced in here and there. I am planning on running...
  5. crazy240

240 transmission removal method and tools?

Seems I am always fighting and cussing when I am taking a transmission out of a 240. Is there a good method or tools that make it easy? I am mostly talking about the bell housing to engine block bolts on the top. Swivel with extensions? Box end wrenches from the top is my way but it is a PITA...
  6. crazy240

Exhaust tip show off

I need some visual exhaust tip ideas. I am doing a +T on a black 244 and got the IPD sport system but want a nicer tip. 3" out in stainless would look right but a turn down takes some high pitch noise away and gives it a deeper tone. Any of you guys satisfied with looks etc? The car is...
  7. crazy240

95 940 turbo won't start most the time

I rebuilt the engine in a 95 940 turbo and it did great for several months. Recently it won't start. The lights on the dash come on very faded when you turn the key. It is just dead or sometimes there will be a click but no swing when you turn it to "start" position. If I mess with the light...
  8. crazy240

What size is the nut on 240 turbo oil cooler filter mount?

Anybody know the nut size for the oil cooler filter mount/line connect plate thingy?
  9. crazy240

Odometer not working after new gear

Hey, I have been fixing small things on my 92 244. I replaced the odo gear like I usually do on these but still no go, I swapped the entire cluster for a spare and that did not work either. I am guessing there is a speed sensor somewhere? Is it the one on the rear axle? Anybody else had this...
  10. crazy240

best way to remove broken exhaust studs?

I have 3 broken exhaust studs in a 940 turbo head. Whats the best way to remove them? They are all sticking out with some thread but won't budge. I would prefer not to drill and tap but might not have a choice.. Can i apply some heat with a torch around the stud or will that warp the head...
  11. crazy240

93 245 brake problem when cold

last year my brakes started to hang when it got cold. When i let off the gas and the engine went in to vacuum it would suck the pedal down hard and engage brakes. When pushing gas down the brakes let go. After warming up the problem would go away. I never found the problem and i had no problems...
  12. crazy240

slow revving and shaky idle 95 940 turbo

Picked up a 95 944 with a mitsubishi turbo setup. I fixed a few things so it is drivable now but i have a really rough idle and it revs slow. When i bring the idle up to about 1k it is almost gone. It revs slower than my 93 245 auto with A/C going. It feels like the turbo is slow spooling. Once...
  13. crazy240

240 100 amp Bosch alternator upgrade.

I spotted a Bosch 100 amp alternator in a 90 740 at the bone yard and it would be awesome to upgrade from my 55amp. Will it bolt up to my 93 240 or do I need to grab brackets or anything else? I did a TB and google search but found no info on the Bosch.
  14. crazy240

2 screw corner lens fit a 3 screw?

Will a 2 screw early corner lens fit a 3 screw early? Old class mate got a set of 2 screw euros in Sweden and I have never had the pleasure to see if they swap.
  15. crazy240

Spiffy Gems? Gemini on 240 request.

Hey, Yes another request.. I can't afford to do it twice so i need it right the first time. About to put my Gems on my gold 93 wagon and wondering what tire size and possibly what gold spokes/centers would look like. I want the wheel to pop with a medium tire size for stance and comfort...
  16. crazy240

940 mid fed and exit IC fit a 240?

Wondering if a 940 inter cooler that they use with the Mitsubishi turbos will fit in a 240? I am talking about the one that is fed in the middle instead of on top. My 240 is a 93 so it does not have the A/C stuff by the radiator on passenger side. Are they better flowing? Any advantages other...
  17. crazy240

82 turbo K-jet bucking in load.

I have been messing with my 242 turbo fuel system trying to tune it. It runs a Ton better but still bucks under full load. If I keep the pedal down it just keeps bucking. I took the injectors out and squirted carb cleaner thru. New injector seals. New filter. In tank filter cleaned but looked...
  18. crazy240

How do i remove a 245 rear back rest?

How does the swiveling rod disconnect from the square welded part with bent tabs holding it in place? The car is a 88 245. Saw a rear seat at the yard and in all my volvo wrenching years i have never had to remove one.
  19. crazy240

93 +T oil filter relocate fit?

Picking up last bits for +T and wondering if the late model 7 and 9 series oil cooler with filter relocate will bolt on and fit on a 93 245? I saw a few in the yards with mitsu turbos. The stock oil line curved around and ran different than the straight down 240 style. Will that return fit on a...
  20. crazy240

AW 70 in to a 81 B21?

So I have a chance at scoring a good 81 245 at the right price but the transmission is shot. I have a AW 70 from a 90 model with 75XXX and a freshly installed accumulator mod. Will the newer trans mate to the B21 like factory or is there modifications involved? The trans I have is complete with...
Back