• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. tomasss

B204GT oil pump not priming

So I have an issue with oil pressure build up after the engine rebuild (16v 2.0 turbo). Engine filled with oil, spark plugs removed, oil pressure gauge in the oil pressure sensor hole & trying to get some oil pressure reading while cranking. Several cranking attempts done, zero reading. Then I...
  2. tomasss

so I have these two big nuts...

...and I am not sure if it belongs to the car or not. I am assembling the car back together and these are somehow remaining :oops: Might be anywhere from the rear axle to the engine...or might also be that it's from something completely car unrelated. No stampings on it, seems like a generic...
  3. tomasss

Scratch on resurfaced head

So...I've just noticed that there is a tiny scratch on my resurfaced head, unfortunately right where the headgasket seals the cylinder...I don't know when it happened, probably when I was lapping and putting in the valves... What I am looking at? Head resurface again? It feels really tiny, I...
  4. tomasss

Rear spoiler paint

So I am getting to the point of thinking how to paint the rear wing for my 740T. I am bit doubting if a normal paint will withstand the flexibility of the foam rubber of the wing. It flexes quite a lot, how do you guys do it? Should I use the plastic primer and apply the paint directly without a...
  5. tomasss

Crankcase breather adapter for 16v?

There is >this< adapter plate that goes on B230 engines to relocate the oil catch tank. Anyone makes similar thing for B234/B204 (basically the 16v engines)?
  6. tomasss

IPD dowel pin size

IPD is selling these replacement solid stainless steel pins https://www.ipdusa.com/products/8531/115736-volvo-hd-solid-camshaft-auxiliary-shaft-dowel-conversion-b21-b23-b230-b234-ipd-115736 Anyone knows the size of the dowel? They have quite high shipping rates (shipping to EU would result in...
  7. tomasss

740 Lug nuts thread

So according to >this< topic I have ordered set of new shiny M12x1.5 wheel nuts. Yesterday it arrived so I tried to put it on...but I found out the studs in my wheel bearings are all M10 :grrr: Is this normal? All the online catalogs are showing M12x1.5 for all 740/760/780/940/960...
  8. tomasss

Pressure plate fitment issue

Clutch rookie in the process of installing the upgraded pressure plate & 850GLT clutch onto the B204FT flywheel needs help. All the parts I have are the ones recommended >here< (clutch 861862 314 032 and pressure plate 883082 999763, original lh2.4 flywheel). Everything basically fits...
  9. tomasss

Hydraulic engine mounts compression

I ordered a PU engine mounts as a replacement of my old leaky hydraulic engine mounts. What is surprising for me is that the hydraulic engine mount height is 10.4cm while the PU mount is 86mm only. That is almost 2cm difference. The only thing I can think of is that the hydraulic mount will...
  10. tomasss

TCU removal

So, I am completely removing the TCU on my B204GT. The boost pressure is going to be controlled via MBC, the radiator fan is gonna be controlled via external temperature switch so I can completely remove the unit from the car. I checked the schematics and it looks like this (4/10 is EZK, 4/23...
  11. tomasss

Compression test on dry engine

Ok, so I have engine out of the car. The engine had an excessive crankcase pressure, PO stated it is most likely because of the blocked PCV. Anyways I wanted to take it out to replace the transmission and do some other mods, so not a big deal. After draining all the fluids and finishing some...
  12. tomasss

Engine compartment cable ties

I wanted to replace my cracked and mostly broken cable ties on the firewall, but unfortunately the 968333/969019 is not available anymore from the dealer. Is there some elegant alternative that replaces the original ties? IPD is the only place I found they have it stock but the shipping is bit...
  13. tomasss

Flywheel micro cracks

Flywheel hairline cracks I have unmounted the pressure plate and clutch from my 740T and found out there are harline cracks in the flywheel surface...now I am wondering if I should worry about it or if it is normal. What do you guys think? (click the pic for full res) <a...
  14. tomasss

m46 to m90 swap list

As my target horsepower is around 300hp, I am considering a preventive swap of my m46 to m90. I went through >this< topic, but as I found a guy selling the m90 today, I just want to double check what do I need to take from the donor car. My car: '91 740 sedan b204gt with m46 (lh2.4) Donor car...
  15. tomasss

Forge 007 hose diameter

Just ordered the Forge 007 diverter valve and now I am wondering what hoses to order upfront so everything arrives together. Someone mentioned I probably need 1" (25mm) internal diameter hose, it that correct? Is it the same for inlet and outlet?
  16. tomasss

MBC general questions

The boosted world is still not very clear to me in some points. When I had S70R some time ago, the wastegate hose had burst and as the pressure was leaking I bent all five rods. That set my mind to be very careful when it comes to boost. Now I want to put an MBC on my B204GT. From what I...
  17. tomasss

B204FT/GT getting rid of the EGTC sensor

To save myself from headaches in the future, I would like to eliminate the EGTC sensor. My exhaust and turbo are much better flowing than the stock version so high temperatures should not be an issue. Several people mentioned that they successfully removed it, but I haven't found any detailed...
  18. tomasss

My '91 744 B204GT project

tomasss's '91 744 B204GT Acquired this silver beauty few months back. It was burning oil heavily, not building enough boost and having lots of small issues, so basically sold as a restoration project. I am still not sure why I actually bought it :) but it has a decent body, electric sunroof and...
  19. tomasss

740 AC wiring help

Anybody has an AC wiring diagram for 1990 740 turbo (b204gt but hopefully should be the same for all turbos)? Its the manual one where you have to move the slider to change the temperature... My wiring is messed up and I would like to put it back in the original state. And volvowiringdiagrams is...
  20. tomasss

Garrett exhaust housing cracked

I sent the turbo from my b204gt for overhaul and the shop sent me these pics today. They are stating it doesn't affect the function of the turbo and they are asking if they should proceed with the overhaul. What do you guys think? The turbo is most probably original...around 200 thousand...
Back