• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Today was fun, painted my v90 spoiler, fixed a leaking heater hose seal, tightened me alternator belt to get it charging and threw some gauges at a pod to mock up the madness!
  2. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Almost man, gotta do some brake work and the seal on pipe at back of water pump is leaking. Other than that it's Ac work left!
  3. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

A bit of a break from the mechanical stuff, strut brace and v90 spoiler!
  4. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Captain tangent lol When a seemingly lowile 740t shows up at the yards you've gotta get there quick. This'll be a reserve unit for the 242t or the 740 t. Despite the dust it looks really clean, the mileage could be accurate
  5. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Let there be interior, re-colored mats !
  6. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Well this was an easy fix, wish I'd noticed it before dumping two bottles of coolant, it was just sitting on the pipe and not tightened 😆 Car is running nicely, alternator barely charging so will need to tackle that.
  7. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Hmmmn I hadn't thought of that tbh might be a good plan of attack !
  8. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Currently trying to remove ancient tint on the front windows so I can drive it, dumped a whole heap of coolant due to what I think is a loose hose and trying to adjust the kickdown so the thing shifts properly!
  9. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Fixed my leaky transmission cooler line. This little $12 tap & die set saved my arse ! The pipe was a bit bent right at the end so had to brace it as I tightened the thing. Clean out the threads on the nipple and on the pipe nut! Praying it holds!
  10. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Threw the rack back on with some free Yakima bike holders thrown on for bringing the kids cycling and getting my big arse into some exercise! Tour de France mode engaged, god help the mpg!
  11. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Thanks man, trying to keep the motivation going so I can knock it out before summer!
  12. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Thanks man, perfect!
  13. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Special delivery from a forum member! Waiting on a fitting kit and all sorted in the rear deck area.
  14. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

So that lovely trans to rad line that cross threaded has come back to haunt me and I need to find and mount the radiator fan switch. Then brake calipers in rear need replacing, pads, lines etc!
  15. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Went at the in tank pump, first round I couldn't get any juice out of it, so took it out and bench tested things, zero issues so rechecked grounds, cleaned the contacts and bingo ! Throttle stuck open on start-up but didn't throw any rods so yay!
  16. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Swedenauto on eBay sent me this lovely 740 turbo sender setup, cannot wait to fit. Practicing my kintsugi albeit with dollar store superglue Vs gold ;)
  17. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Got the hood latches adjusted and lubed,looking well now !
  18. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Today was a soft day, threatening to rain but warm enough to get a few coats of paint on the roof repairs. Figured I'd focus on the jobs I knew I'd leave on the longer finger once I gwt it running/ driving. First the paint, roof sections and touchups around the car. 2xhigh build primer, 3x...
  19. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Four claybars and four hours later the paint is cleaning up. Thin up top on roof as usual with TX Volvos !
  20. atomicdeathmonkey

1984 242 TIC Texas

Something that has been bugging me for ages is the rusty bottom driver's door hinge. Time to sort it given the weather That old m46 parts wagon was a godsend ! Even found a NASA mission pin in the door All back in, body color polar white and lithium greased within an inch of its life!
Back