• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. grebnut

Exploding Harmonic Balancer

Hey, So I have a problem that I've never seen before. The other day I ran up 2nd and 3rd, then let off and heard a giant commotion under the car. I pulled over and discovered that the harmonic balancer had exploded from just past where the washer clamps it. This was an approx. 1yr old balancer...
  2. grebnut

A few new things on the Slovo

Hello all. I haven't been around too much lately but now that I'm home for the summer I have been doing a bit of work to the volvo and figure it's time for an update. I posted the same stuff in the "Project" section, but I hardly ever look in there so I figure nobody else does either. Well...
  3. grebnut

Where the hell did Peter Linssen's head go?

Where did the thread that had all sorts of pictures and information about the $2000 head that peter got from sweden go? I have searched all sorts of related threads and looked all over the place. Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for this thread.... It's performance in a slightly...
  4. grebnut

The Rebuild of the Slovo - Header finally done!!

So I figure I will make a new thread because the old one is... well... old. I have been working on a few things as of late. Got my new wiring harness and 4 bar map sensor from rs-autosport. And no, thats not a typo. :-D I also bought a collector kit from some guy off the internet for $50...
  5. grebnut

The Rebuild of the Slovo

So! I blew up my car a while back. Overheated to 250+ degrees and bent three rods (not related). So for the last month or so I have been working on fixing that, as well as doing some things I have been wanting to do for a while. I am making new motor mounts, doing a clutch disk to hold me over...
  6. grebnut

1985 740T Street/Race Car

This has been my project since I inherited it from my dad, who has owned it since it was new. My first project on the car was removing the stock exhaust and installing a 5 point harness. I ran open downpipe for 6 months or so. My parents took away my driving privledges, so I took the car...
  7. grebnut

Dyno Weekend - Aug 13 and 14 - Olympia, Wa

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great summer. I've been super busy with all kinds of stuff. Anyways, I wanted to invite anyone and everyone to our dyno weekend that we are going to be having where I work. We will be having bbq, a local radio station is coming out, and of course will be...
  8. grebnut

A little mischeif from Portland.

I have 0/32nds tread left. :-P Oh well! Right Click, Save As Ben
  9. grebnut

New Feature Car

Am I missing something or do we not usually have threads for the feature cars? Anyway, I just wanted to say that that thing is SICK! That cage is insane, the interior, the suspension, the stockish exterior. I love it! Ben
  10. grebnut

How to fix 740 sunroof? Skipped tracks?

First off, 1985 740 with a manual crank sunroof is the car. So, I have a problem with my sunroof. A couple months ago, I was cranking the sunroof (can't remember whether in or out at the time) and it bound up. Well, I had to get it closed, and so I tried jimmying it in, no dice. So it ended up...
  11. grebnut

Holy Gawd...

Ok. So forgive me if this is a repost, it deserves to be posted over and over and over. I haven't seen it on here, but it still might be. This just about might be the sickest Volvo video I've ever seen. http://racemovie.mine.nu/movies/bjorck/bjorcks%20busbil%202004%20242turbo.avi If it...
  12. grebnut

Intake Manifold Pics (Slow Progress)

So, I figure I should post up some pics of my intake mani so ya'all can tell me what im doing wrong. I havent gotten terrible far on it, but I did make some velocity stacks which were quite a pain in the ass but i think they turned out allright. I'm just waiting until I feel like tearing my car...
  13. grebnut

Rear End Rattle - Help!

so i blew up my original spider (ended up chipping my pinion as well) gears a few days ago and swapped in a "new" junkyard whole axle. While i was at it, i decided to put in a Powertrax Lock-rite to eliminate spider gear problems. The install went fine, after a bit of choice wording. As soon as...
  14. grebnut

Big Block + Turbo (???)

hey all... i have been letting this idea knock around in my cranium for the past few weeks and want either a reality check or some ideas on how to make this possible. i am not informed enough to know all the details already and i know there is some serious know-how on this board. i dont know how...
  15. grebnut

Time for a little update...

hello, its been a while since ive posted anything about my car so i thought i would post some pics. i have been busy with it blowing headgaskets, loosening turbos, blowing my eardums out, etc. so i will start with the exhaust that i made. i spent a day on the phone finding the parts i needed...
  16. grebnut

NW Meet Pics

here are some of mine... there are 59 so im not gonna post all of them on here. they can all be viewed Here. it was way fun... though, we were lacking in the rwd department! next time we need some more tbrickers there! ben
  17. grebnut

E-Codes on an '85. Where to get parts?

hey, yes i have searched a bunch and didnt find anything useful. however i may not be a professional searcher so if one of ya'alls knows of a thread that has this in it, a like would be great. anyway, i really want to do a single headlight and clear turn lense conversion, pretty much just...
  18. grebnut

Holset leaking oil into the manifold.

hey guys, i have a problem... i went out last night and cranked the boost to around 14psi just to see what would happen, and boy oh boy that was fun! :) haha... it ran perfectly for about a whole quarter tank (used up in about 20 miles... lol). but when i went out at 6:30 this morning and...
  19. grebnut

Looking: 3.5" Exhaust Flex Section

Hey guys (and gals)... i am hunting for a flex section, flex bellows, whatever you want to call it that is 3 1/2 inch diameter. atp sells 3" and 4". i have searched the internet high and low. i know that there is at least one other person on this forum running 3 1/2 exhaust so what did he do...
  20. grebnut

can turbo drain line spit oil?

hey guys... so i made a fully metal drain line to replace the ghetto hose connection that melted for my oil drain from the turbo. my block has the pressure fitting kind of thing that just jams a rubber oring in the hole agains a flange on the return line. so the problem is that the line i made...
Back