• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. itlksez

S/V/C VVT Question

I?m swapping an RN engine into my 850. I have limited experience with VVT. Are these timing marks ?close enough? or is the intake off a tooth? I?ll be installing a new timing belt, and I?m curious if it needs adjustment. Crank is dead center on the TDC mark. Exhaust: Intake:
  2. itlksez

850 longblock compatibility

My google-fu is sucking today. Hopefully I can get a cold, hard answer here. Let's put aside the 'why' for the moment... I'm just curious if I could use the long block from a NA '01 V70 in my '95 850? My biggest concern would be if there is the same provision on the back of the intake cam...
  3. itlksez

Coolant supply for turbo

I?m heavily considering adding a turbo to my project. I?m running an 87 B230F. It currently has no heater connected, and the heater hose lines are looped. Would those be sufficient to feed the turbo? And if so, does the direction of the feed into the turbo matter? (Is there a definite...
  4. itlksez

Ballast Resistor?

1987 740, B230f, LH-Jetronic 2.2 Quick question: I swapped this engine into an old Jeep. I had an issue with power to the coil during the swap, so I ran 12v directly to the coil (through a diode so I could shut it off) from the ignition switch. If I?m bypassing wherever the coil power came from...
  5. itlksez

*sigh* Another Volvo engine in another old jeep

Me again. :-P Be prepared... Redneck machining is about to go down. In case you missed it before, I put a redblock and an m45 in a ?49 Willys CJ3A. This time, my ex-race-Jeep, now plow Jeep, is getting a rebuild. The plan is to pull the engine and wiring from my ?95 850 DD in the spring...
  6. itlksez

CPS Tone ring question

Does a crank position sensor sense the little gaps, or just the break in the ?tone?? I have an older single mass flywheel replacing a newer flex plate, and the solids vs gaps are opposite. With this affect anything? I.e, does anything electronically need to be changed?
  7. itlksez

960 Bellhousing depth

Hey guys, I?ve searched and searched thinking this info must be out there, but I can?t find it if it is. Do any of you know the face-to-face depth of the removable 960 bellhousing? TIA
  8. itlksez

740 Fuel gauge sender wires

I have two wires coming from my sender. One is brown, the other is white/gray. Both show 100% resistance (tester doesn?t move) when tested to (-) independently, and they show zero resistance (gauge spikes) when tested between the wires. Tank is around 1/2 full. The gauge I got only needs one...
  9. itlksez

Water temp sensor Q

On my Redblock (?87 740), there are two sensors in the water jacket under the intake. One to the left, and one to the right of the knock sensor. Can anyone tell me what each sensor is for? I seem to be completely illiterate when it comes to the wiring diagram. I maybe remember reading that one...
  10. itlksez

740 bus cover

Does anyone know where I can source the plastic cover for the (+) bus in this pic? It came from a 740 I believe. I lost it. The rest of the housing doesn?t have a part number on it.
  11. itlksez

Radiator hose identification

Do any of you recognize what these 2 hoses are from? I had them sitting around and cut them up for a project. I?d like to know where they came from for reference.
  12. itlksez

Why can?t I post an avatar?

I?m not seeing an option to add an avatar by my screen name. What am I missing? Thanks!
  13. itlksez

Lengthen wires for air mass meter?

Would there be any negative effects to lengthening the wires to the air mass meter and installing a connector in the lines? Just curious if the length in the wires will affect readings. I know it?s an odd question, but I?ve heard of these things being finicky. Thanks! Forgot to add, ?87 740
  14. itlksez

The Volvo-powered Willys CJ3a

I had a small thread elsewhere on here, but Photobucket tanked it. Rather than try to fix that one, I'll start over here. I'm 12 years deep into a build that is taking a 1949 Willys Jeep and a 1987 Volvo 740 to end with a very street and dirt friendly rig. Almost every part of this...
  15. itlksez

740 Fuel injectors not getting ground pulse

I picked up an '87 740 four years ago for the donor engine for a project. It ran great when I got it. Drove it into the shop to pull the engine. You may have seen the thread on this project over HERE. (It looks like it's been a victim of the Photobucket hijack. :grrr: ) Fast forward 4 years...
  16. itlksez

740 '87 740 Wiring Identification

I'm putting a wiring harness back together after too many years to remember where everything came from. Shame on me for not labeling things better. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What does this go to? It's up in the vicinity of the DS fender. And... The wires from the fuel tank are...
  17. itlksez

740 Master Cylinder Question

I have the power brake booster and master cylinder from an '86(?) 740 sitting here. All the lines were cut, so I don't know where they go. There are 3 ports coming out of this thing. Why 3? Short and sweet answer is fine. Thanks!
  18. itlksez

850 Dash issues causing transmission issues

For the past year or so, the gauges and temp readout have been working intermittently. I'm assuming the (auto) transmission gets its information for when to shift from whatever is malfunctioning, because when the gauges aren't working, it shifts hard out of first at a high rpm, sets off the...
  19. itlksez

Making a Volvo 4wd (Or... Building a jeep with a Volvo B230)

Hi everybody. I just completed an adapter that joins an M45 transmission to a Dana 300 transfer case. I thought I'd post it up here for reference. (In case you're wondering, I'm dropping a B230 - plus a turbo if I can get it to fit - into a '49 Willys CJ3A.) The hard part of this swap is...
  20. itlksez

740 '87 740 GLE Wiring Minimizing

Howdy all, I picked up an '87 2.3 740 GLE for $200. It runs great and drives, it just needs a water pump. I'm planning on swapping the engine into an old jeep. I have been watching the local CL for years for a late 70's 240 with a 4 speed, but people around here seem to think their trashed...
Back