• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. 7

Frequency valve dwell @90

I have a 79 242GT+ Turbo. I checked the dwell on the frequency valve and it is steady at 90% with or without the O2 sensor connected. I have checked the O2 sensor, wireing, and voltage to all components. What would cause the dwell to be steady at 90 in all rpm's? There is no buzzing from the...
  2. 7

'86 Saab 9000 intercooler

How hard would it be to put a Saab intercooler into a '79 242 GT with a B230F-T?
  3. 7

BOV/CBV without intercooler

My Car: 79 242 GT B230F+T M46 I have enjoyed my B230F+T conversion for a good 7 months now. However, when I let off the throttle I can hear the turbine rubbing against the housing. I don't have the money to buy a fancy bypass valve and I need to fix this problem as soon as I possibly can. I...
  4. 7

Newly re-built T3 chewing bearings

In August my dad and I replaced the turbo in my mom's '86 740 turbo/intercooler. Now the re-built turbo is starting to make the same noise the previous turbo was making. After we noticed the noise we found that the bearings were shot. The noise is not always there yet, but it mostly can be...
  5. 7

Help, car does not get up and go.

1986 740 turbo with intercooler w/aoutomatic: This car has no ability to get up and go. When we press on the gas pedal, whether in park or in gear, the engine loses all power. When we step on the gas pedal slowly the engine actually feels like it has a turbo at about 2000 RPM even then if you...
Back