• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. zdriver123

940 Turbo Gaskets

Hey all, It's been a while since I've played with a Volvo, and never with a Turbo. I'm just swapping a bad 13C with a good 13C and have a couple questions. I'm trying to find a manifold to Turbo gasket, and I would assume a downpipe gasket? I'm doing this for a friend, and am wanting everything...
  2. zdriver123

Need help IDing a part I found in my shop

What is it? A cover moulding? I'm guessing for a 240, because it came out of my old one.
  3. zdriver123

240 Transmission Questions

91 244 with an Automatic. I can start my car up in the morning and reverse out of my driveway just fine. If I drive it a bit into town and park, it's a pain to get into reverse. I have to put it in reverse and run the idle up to about 1000rpm before it slides into reverse. Any Ideas? So far...
  4. zdriver123

240 Wiring questions

Ok guys, I've got a 91 244 auto and recently the GF comes home and tells me that the car won't go into overdrive. I installed an IPD block off plate and unplugged the indicator light in the guage cluster. She's off and running again. The next day she tells me that the Rear defrost is not...
  5. zdriver123

O2 Sensor Placement

So, I have to replace the entire exhaust on my 90 244. I'ts got a cracked manifold, cracked header pipe and junk exhaust. I found a manifold, header pipe and built my own 2.25 inch exhaust. The only difference is that the new exhaust has the O2 sensor in the manifold, not the header pipe down by...
  6. zdriver123

240 Mystery Transmission Leak

Trying to track down a leak on my auto trans in my 91 244. It appears to be on the drivers side near the shifter linkange. My immediate thought was the overdrive solenoid. Right now I tried the trick of talc powder on the transmission (after cleaning) and am waiting for the leak to show through...
  7. zdriver123

5x108 wheel option.

Probably already been found, but I was looking on Fifteen52 and found that they sell Compmotive wheels in 5x108 and Fifteen52 Tarmac's in 5x108. I personally think the tarmacs look better than Pegs.
  8. zdriver123

Poor mileage troubleshooting

Been working on why my average mpg has dropped to around 17mpg. I've only have a code present for low EGR flow, I'm cleaning out my manifold and EGR tube tonight. I've read a couple articles on how coolant temp sensors and faulty AMM's can cause poor mileage. also I saw how "Pink Label" ECU's...
  9. zdriver123

Exhaust question

Am I correct in believing that 244 and 245 exhausts are interchangable (for the most part)?
  10. zdriver123

240 Emergency Starter Advice Needed

So, The starter in the GF's 91 240 died this morning and I need to replace it today. I leave for the east coast in less than 24 hours. The parts houses do not have the right starter for a B230 but I have access to a bunch of older 240's (B21's and B23's) will one of those starters fit?
  11. zdriver123

240 4x6 E-codes and HID's

Has anyone ever tried using HID's in the glass 4x6 E-codes? I was wondering if it worked well or just looked like every Honda with HID's in the stock housings.
  12. zdriver123

T Cam

Looking at getting a pair of T cams for super cheap. Is there any point in putting one in my B230. It's stock now with an AW70 auto. Any thoughts?
  13. zdriver123

240 Front strut Nut Size

Does anyone know the size and thread pitch of the strut nut on stock 240 struts? I tried a search and was still a bit unsure.
  14. zdriver123

B230 Questions

So I've got a 91 244 with a B230 and an AW71 transmission. I've already got a good baseline with stage 0. I'm looking for just a bit more performance, I'm dissappointed with how it bogs down when I go snowboarding. With 2 people, gear, and snowboards on the roof, I can only make it up the pass...
  15. zdriver123

Intake Pictures

I was looking for a few pictures of N/A 240's with cone air filter intakes. Trying to get a little inspiration.
  16. zdriver123

240 Armrest Question

I already tried a search and came up with nothing. Does anyone know how tall the armrest brackets on a 240 are. I was digging through a few old boxes and I found a Husco cupholder armrest. Upon research I found they sell for between $150 and $300.:wtf: Before I try to part with it on ebay to an...
  17. zdriver123

Valve Train Noise

I was just wondering what the best way to examine valve lash on a B230. Its got 156k and it just sounds to me that it just a bit loud. I'm going to replace the valve cover seal and figured i'd check it out while im in there. Also I might throw an A or B cam in to try to wake it up a bit and...
  18. zdriver123

240 ignition switch wiring

I just replaced the ignition switch on my 1981 242 and upon removal of the broken unit the connector on the back fell apart and I have no clue where the wires go. Does anyone have a picture of how its wired or explain to me where the pins go?
  19. zdriver123

JTR and Small Block Chevy questions.

What kind of experience do you guys have with the JTR swap kits? Also does anyone have experience with the SBC 302 destroke? Its a 327 4 bolt main block with 283 crank and rods.
  20. zdriver123

240 Blower motor replacement

1st time replacing a 240 blower motor. Any hints?
Back