• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. W

b21ft with b230 top end

hello all. just a quick question. I'm swapping the top end on my b21ft with a 530 head and updating the fuel system and computers obviously in one swipe. My donor turbo is off a late model 940 with the small water and oil lines. I didn't know until tonight that these turbos were different...
  2. W

G80 240 install

Quick question. Just pulled a G80 out of a 94' 940. I got everything G80 and pinion. I walk off without the pinion bearings. Do I need to go back and get them or will the bearings in the 240 pinion go on the G80 pinion. Help me here as the car will be going to the scrapper soon. Thanks
  3. W

Idle questions

I have a 89 240 wagon. I drive it 45 miles 1 way to work everyday. Recently I was pushing it a little hard down an old country road running a little late getting to work. The mysterious just shut off at about 65 mph. Coasted to the side of the road and it immediately restarted. It did it 1...
  4. W

Torque rods

How does one determine when torque rods have gone bad. My 89 240 wagon is giving a sensation under acceleration. Only happens right before 1st gear shift. Only happens under hard acceleration . Trans fluid is on point. This is not an issue now but feels like it can be as the sensation is...
  5. W

1991 240 no spark no fuel

Hello, all. I've been searching the form for a similar issue but my 91 240 is having a problem. I just bought this car off craigslist 2weeks ago. The motor spins over strong but I have no spark at the coil or plugs. I pulled the fuel rail and I have no fuel. My 89 240 and all the others I've...
  6. W

G80 rear gear

Just a questions. I just pulled a g80 out of a 95. 940 to go into my 89 240 wagon. I have 2 wagons I 'm working on right now. So got an email today from a guy with a 93 940 , willing to sell the rear for cheap. Question is should I expect the 93 non turbo to have a g80 since it seems at some...
  7. W

Thoughts on new to me motor

Hello. I had a deal fall in my lap an wanted to get thoughts on it. I have a 83 240 with a b21 ft in it ( non running). I will be picking up a 88 turbo 740 in the morning from a lady that wanted a junk car removed from here yard. I'll add pics later if I can but the car was rear ended hard but...
  8. W

240 front end makeover

I'm not sure where this question belongs but here it goes. I have a 89 245 that I drive daily. Drives nice and straight no alignment issues of any kind. Upon inspection of this car further I discovered the drivers side fender sort of grafted to the car. I got this car from my dad and he said it...
  9. W

Millionth b230ft swap

Alright. I'm in the process of doing a b230ft swap from a 95 940 car into my 83 240 wagon. I have pulled motor and trans, both computer boxes under the dash. My question is what else do I need to pull off this car to make the swap. I was told not to use any of the harness because it's integrated...
  10. W

32mm wheel adapters on the front of a 240

All simple question with a probably not so simple answer. Can I run 32mm adapters on the front of a 89 Volvo 240 wagon. Wheels are Pegasus 18x8 with a +43 offset. Thanks I know TBers will be eager to help/criticize.
  11. W

Help flame trap issues

I need everyone's help here as I'm sure this is an easy fix. I have a 89 245 I drive everyday 45 miles one way to work and she runs great most of the time. This past Saturday as I left work at 3 am I noticed at 70 mph , smoke coming off the back of the car. I immediately pulled over and found a...
  12. W

240 No dash illuminating lights what's up

A few months ago I was coming from work in my 89 240 wagon when a little smoke came from behind the dash where the center speaker is and all my dash lights went out. When I say dash lights I mean the illuminating lights. The turn signals work and all the idiot light work when needed but my...
Back