• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Alternative Energy

Owners of Green Service Manual for Automatic Transmissions AW71/71L

I'm considering installing an AW71L (available in USA non-turbo 940s) in my '92 740 Turbo, but I am not convinced the torque converter would match the power characteristics of my turbo. Anyone with access to the green volvo transmission manuals, do they indicate the torque converter specs for...
  2. Alternative Energy

AW-71L in a '92 740 Turbo

I'm considering installing an AW71L (available in USA non-turbo 940s) in my '92 740 Turbo, but I am not convinced the torque converter would match the power characteristics of my turbo. Anyone with access to the green volvo transmission manuals, do they indicate the torque converter specs for...
  3. Alternative Energy

'92 745T Central/Power Locks Fuse Blows

Central Locking Fuse Blows, but only during locking? Okay, I?ve gone through several fuses trying to diagnose my '92 745T central locking problem. Fuse #2 continues to blow, but only when trying to lock the doors. The fuse remains good during unlocking. I bypassed the driver?s door central...
  4. Alternative Energy

'92 740 Extra Connector on Headlight Plug?

I have a '92 745 Turbo and there is an extra (unused) two-prong female connector zip-tied to the side of my headlight plugs. Anyone know what it is wired for? Or intended to be used for on other models? Thanks, ALTNRG
  5. Alternative Energy

'92 740 Intercooler weep holes

I cannot locate any evidence that my ?92 740 Turbo?s Intercooler has an oil drain plug. I have looked all along the intercooler?s bottom perimeter several times now. I even posted "location of intercooler drain plug?" on Monday thinking I was going blind. I did however find a few tiny holes...
  6. Alternative Energy

Location of Intercooler Drain Plug?

OK. Haynes manual tells me that the intercooler has an oil drain plug. But as a new owner of a '92 740 turbo, I was looking for it yesterday but never could find it. The turbo was replaced before I bought the car and I want to see if any oil is remaining in the intercooler. Where is the...
  7. Alternative Energy

Boost Only vs. Boost/Vacuum Turbo Gauge?

What are the pros and cons for each. I am going to add a calibrated boost "meter" and plan on retaining the stock turbo gauge integrated with the tach (to indicate vacuum or boost mode). I have my eye on the 0 to 15 PSI Boost only gauge since it will show a more precise reading of turbo boost...
  8. Alternative Energy

Stock B230FT HP and Torque Curves?

I know the RPMs at which maximum Horse Power and Torque occurs (from the published specifications), but has anyone got access to a full graph showing the RPM vs. HP/Torque curves? If so, please post a link, scan, copy, email, etc. me a copy. I would really like to know since my driving...
  9. Alternative Energy

'92 740 Turbo Oil Pressure Sensor Thread Size?

I'm confused. A member on BrickBoard said he verified at a Volvo dealer's parts counter that the thread size for a '91 B230FT oil pressure sensor is M10x1.0. Other members on Turbobricks indicate that the thread size for the B230 is M14x1.5 Has anyone actually verified the thread size when...
Back