• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. SwedishBrick242...

NorCal, September 26th. Work day/BBQ, Help Logan get his 242 going again

Update: This is canceled. I'll try to set something up later. I'll still be getting work done on the car now and then, but this day got over complicated. Thanks anyway! It's about that time... I am pretty sure I have everything set to put it all back together and finally get my 242 in...
  2. SwedishBrick242...

S/V/C '98 C70 buying tips?

I'm now also looking at a '98 C70 turbo with a 5-speed. Any advice on looking at these? It just rolled over 100k recently with the 100k service done on it and detailed records. I am a total newbie to FWD Volvos, but not entirely to white blocks (I had a 97 960 for a while). Any typical...
  3. SwedishBrick242...

Vintage 1800E buying tips?

So I find myself in need of a car... I am going to be checking this out tomorrow: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/1071875565.html I e-mailed him some questions, and he told me that the rust is isolated to the front rockers on both sides. It is patched with bondo and fiberglass. The...
  4. SwedishBrick242...

240 '83/'93 dashboard and a/c duct compatability?

I am currently trying to put a heater box and ducting from a '92/'93 240 behind an '83 dash. I am having problems getting things to line up. The biggest clue so far is that the center ducts do not line up with the vents in the heater box. I am also having trouble lining up the windshield...
  5. SwedishBrick242...

LH2.2 + B21FT + B23F intake + LH2.0 car = ?

Ok, so I am finally hoping to get something done on this damn car. The problem is, I don't know what I am doing... :oops: I searched, and every LH2.2 conversion thread I can find shows different things for different situations. I am not really sure what it is that I will need for my car...
  6. SwedishBrick242...

My other 242 (Machiavelli)

I know some people seem to have either forgotten that I have this car, or never knew in the first place and never saw the significance of my username. :-P It got rear-ended about a year and half ago, and I have since owned a 960, and sold it to get the silver 242 from Don. So, back from the...
  7. SwedishBrick242...

Pic request! 242DL pinstripes

I am going to be repainting the brick and want to replicate the stock pinstripes along the side. I need a picture to show the body shop so he knows how to do it when the time comes. This is for an '84 242DL Thanks!
  8. SwedishBrick242...

October 6th, BBQ / help me get over this tragedy

UPDATE: 9/30/07----- Here is my contact info and address: Cell: (650) nine zero six 2 three three 2 Edit: On second thought... PM me for my address... I'm going to start working at around 9am, so anytime after that when people can show up is great. This probably won't stop until the...
  9. SwedishBrick242...

Words can't say how I feel about this... I don't really feel like talking about it right now, so I will just let the pictures do the talking... Edit: This post kinda explains it... http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=1411115&postcount=111 And thanks Doug for the now much...
  10. SwedishBrick242...

E-fan conversion problems... ('81 242GLT w/ pre-95 960 fan)

Today I did, (with a ton of invaluable help from a friend) the e-fan conversion outlined here: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=1572 (Some great info, great questions, and great answers there. Big thanks to all involved!) We got the fan from the j/y from a pre-95 960 along with...
  11. SwedishBrick242...

Glass sunroof in a 240?

Is it possible? Has it been done? I don't know of any direct swaps, as the 240's sunroof is substantially larger than the 700 series, and I remember my 960's was smaller as well. Would this be a totally custom job? Am I way over my head? Am I stupid and/or insane? Am I just a dirty 240...
  12. SwedishBrick242...

BOV shooting oil... '81 242GLT

So I just noticed that the BOV that I am borrowing from Big Lan while he re-wires his car is shooting oil. I know this basically means its time for an oil catch can, but there are a couple things I am wondering about... First thing is, how urgent is it that I take care of this? Not only am I...
  13. SwedishBrick242...

M46 problems (81 242GLT)

I have a weird problem with my M46 transmission. I don't really know how to describe this problem... because it is weird and inconsistent, so I will do my best. Since this is my first turbo car, and my first stick shift, I don't really know how to diagnose it myself. It started yesterday...
  14. SwedishBrick242...

Volvo.... in a windtunnel?

I didn't know Volvo knew how to use one of these things. Coulda fooled me. :-P
  15. SwedishBrick242...

Hmmmm... V40...

16. SwedishBrick242...

Attn: NorCal; Sequoia High School Annual car show October 7th

I know this is a long way off, but I was wondering how many people would be interested in setting up a Volvo section at this annual car show, "Horses to Horsepower" in Redwood City. This is held the first weekend in October every year (Sunday, October 7th). Here is a pdf with more info...
  17. SwedishBrick242...

Hydrabomination

So yeah... I got a nail in my tire. :-( Came out to the car while at my friend's house, and the tire was totally flat... So we investigated... Fortunately, Big Lan is a wheel whore, so I had my pick of temporary wheels... Its Saturday night... I am not dressed for this... Mounted up...
  18. SwedishBrick242...

"Stealth" sound system in a 242 trunk

I am trying to think of how to do the subwoofer install on my 242. I want to make it look like it was meant to be there, and I want it to be safe and relatively hidden. I was thinking of having the 12" sub box in the side opposite the spare tire, but the problem is, where to put the...
  19. SwedishBrick242...

The reason I changed my user name

Some of you know this already, but last weekend, I bought Don Hodgdon's 242. I love this car to no end. The work that went into making this car the way it is is apparent in every detail. The paint is incredible, the interior is remarkable, the engine is smooth and strong... I have never seen...
  20. SwedishBrick242...

Weird time error or something...

I pose this thread as an example: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=94249 Weird... I also get the "you can't post twice within 15 seconds" error every time I post, even though it accepted my post...
Back