• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. pdougc

Lifted 245 in Carlisle, PA.

Anyone here?
  2. pdougc

850 Need advise from the white block crew!

Looking at a 95 t5r wagon. The add lists: "It runs and drive although there's an electrical grounding situation I just dont have the time to figure out." I emailed the owner and got this reply: "Grounding issue: I changed crank/cam/tps sensor ign coil checked all chassis grounds. Symptoms: car...
  3. pdougc

Need advice from the white block crew

I am wanting to pull the engine on the 240, clean it up, replace some gaskets, replace the bushings throughout, etc... Looking to get another vehicle so I do not have to rush the process. I have always wanted an R ever since I worked at a Volvo dealership in the late 90's. Thoughts on these...
  4. pdougc

240 Is it possible to starve a fuel pump?

Is it possible to starve a fuel pump? I had the front end up on stands, working on a different issue. I had it running, and it died (that was the issue I was trying to fix) tried to start it again but it just cranked, caulked that up to a weak battery. I happened to notice the fuel gauge was...
  5. pdougc

240 Death after exhaust manifold gasket repair

It is late, barely got home, searched a little, with little results. The Car: 1990 240+T converted to lh 2.4 Replaced the exhaust manifold gasket, went smoothly no issues on tues. Car starts and drives just fine no issues, crazy ticking is gone. Weds night it starts acting like it has a weak...
  6. pdougc

240 Wheel Adapter Recommendations

Tried searching :oops: I need to get my hands on 4 32mm 5x108 to 5x120 wheel adapters. In true tb fashion I need to spend as little as possible but I understand I get what I pay for. I have seen some suggestions for ordering on the site but I cant find those now that I need them. Who do you...
  7. pdougc

240 Noob Turbo Oil Recommendations

Doug's Noob question for the month... What viscosity oil is recommended for turbos? Tried search but it let me down again :grrr: I live in the northeast of Pennsylvania where it can hit single digits in the winter. I have heard Rotella T 15w40 getting tossed around. I have always used 10w30...
  8. pdougc

240 Dual Alt Belts?

Seeing some pictures of 240's with dual alt belts. I am currently running just one. Advantage/Disadvantage of dual belts? Searched and got nothing. :rant:
  9. pdougc

Pulling 240 dash...

What is required? What tools? Came across a crack free 240 dash in a local jy. Would like to pick it up! Thanks
  10. pdougc

NEPA Oct 21 Benefit

This is going to be really big!
  11. pdougc

240 Exhaust & Intake Gasket replacement 240+t

I have done some reading, searched what I could (didnt find much) Besides soaking with pb blaster and be careful with the turbo oil lines any tips? 1990 240+t replacing the exhaust gasket and the intake gasket. Got OEM gaskets :nod: Thanks! Doug
  12. pdougc

240 Electrical Issue

1990 240ti Driving srs light goes on, tach freaks out, engine hesitates. Turn off road shut it down, no crank. Checked battery terminals/cables, they are good. Rebuilt alt less 8 months ago, fresh belt. Jump the car it starts right up. Start driving no issues, a couple minutes later the srs...
  13. pdougc

240 RPM Surge @ Idle

My uber cool 3rd engine mount (aka ratchet strap) came up and bite me! :oogle: It managed to disconnect the MAF sensor, car went into limp mode, I was a mile from home and it was late so I limped it home. In the am I jumped online and search how to read the check engine light. Got the code...
  14. pdougc

6/10 - Quaker Steak & NEPA Street Scene car meet!

Little something for the NEPA crowd. @ Quaker Steak and Lube in Dickson City June 10th 6pm-9pm Pretty good selection of wings and beer. Pretty sure there will be live music too. Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/468870389805480 To top it off there will be AutoX at the...
  15. pdougc

NEPASCCA Jack Williams Tire Solo Event #3 May 26th

If I can get my exhaust completed and the inspection finally done I am planning on heading out and watching. Never competed in an event before and would like to watch to get an idea of how it all works. Anybody going? http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=13279...
  16. pdougc

Over Axle Exhaust Q's

I want to do this: When it comes to bending exhaust I know ZERO! Is it possible to bend this all from one piece of 3in tube? The concern is if I were to bend it like one would bend tube for a roll cage the diameter would change. I am trying to keep cost down to a minimum and buying the...
  17. pdougc

NEPA ToTD Feeler

I love meet and greets, get togethers, bbqs and the like as much as the next guy. I LOVE driving! I do similar runs with guys that I ride motorcycles with. Since I come from the 4x4 crowd I have never done this before with a car. Once the weather gets nice there are a couple PA versions of...
  18. pdougc

rebuild bosh alternator?

At some time a red sleeve got put on the negative cable, I was in a hurry and wasnt really paying attention when I jumped the 240. I put the cables on backwards. After the no start I figured it out and drove it for a while till it died on the road. The alternate is dead. Factory bosh as far as...
  19. pdougc

m47 wobbly shifter question

Finally got the clutch done, the flywheel in its proper position all bolted back up for the 3rd time... The transmission will shift fine, but in gear the shifter moves around like it does when it is in neutral. It does stay in gear but the shifter is all wobbly, there is no tension to hold the...
  20. pdougc

post clutch swap idle/run issues

90 240 b230+t Swapped out the clutch with out a hitch with the exception of breaking the bracket for the crank sensor. Did the normal stuff with the swap nothing special. Got everything put back together, went to fire it up and that is where the fun begins. When i started the clutch job...
Back