• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Sine Qua Non

Restarting a car after 4 years

Found a 1982 245 for cheap but it has been sitting outside for years. I know that it ran when parked. Owner stopped driving it because her husband bought her a new car back then. So it will need Fresh gas New plugs New tires New battery Oil change Anything else? Bleed brakes maybe?
  2. Sine Qua Non

Website not secure?

The website got flagged today as not being secure. This was through Safari.
  3. Sine Qua Non

1974 Volvo 144 trouble shooting

Working on bleeding brakes but the brake warning valve won't come off at all. Can I leave this alone and still bleed the brakes? Nothing gets it off even pb blaster/kroil after 3 days. Next my wife says the engine sounds weird when running. I wouldn't know since some of you know I can't hear...
  4. Sine Qua Non

Rubber hoses

Where does one find the rubber hoses that connect to the charcoal canister in the Volvo 144? Specialty store or does a hardware store carry them. Advance Auto does not carry them. :-(
  5. Sine Qua Non

BB and MC in Volvo 140

Does a Volvo 240 brake booster and master cylinder work in the 140 without modifications? It will be going in a 74.
  6. Sine Qua Non

PM's broken?

Is it working?
  7. Sine Qua Non

1974 144 wires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141499304@N07/shares/v608Wu I made my question inside each photo. Cross posted. Can anyone help with this? Mostly wires at this point and one hose connection. Thanks
  8. Sine Qua Non

AC in the Volvo 140 series

What is those that have a late 140 series use for air conditioning? Still using York or Sanden/aftermarket? My 74 144 came with AC but is currently removed due due engine rebuild. Looking for direction as to what works. Does any 240 set up work the same as the 140? Any worthy upgrades or must...
  9. Sine Qua Non

Volvo XC70 CPS hell

nevermind. Figured it out.
  10. Sine Qua Non

Camshaft position sensor

Where the hell is it on a 2000 Volvo v70XC? Got a pic or diagram of engine as to where it is? I have looked all over the web and did not find the correct one (image that is). Got the #5 coil pack replaced and just need to replace the sensor. Hopefully the car will run again after that.
  11. Sine Qua Non

Learn me K jet

I tried the forum search and it turned up nothing. How much better or worse is it compared to D Jet? Hopefully it's not too much of a pain to deal with.
  12. Sine Qua Non

Board getting slow again?

There seems to be hang ups loading pages from time to time. Anyone else Having the same issues?
  13. Sine Qua Non

Brake/tail lights for 74 volvo 164. Color wires

Finally got car running right after weeks of rebuilding and tuning the triple solex carbs. Was driving it and got pulled over by the Police. Said I had no brake lights or turn signal lights. Got out of car and popped trunk. Crap, the PO pulled all the wires off of the connectors. I checked my...
  14. Sine Qua Non

Getting oil into m41 gearbox?

WTF? How does one get the oil in it sideways and underneath the car? Green book does not show how to do that.
  15. Sine Qua Non

Question about Muffler intermediate pipe

Anyone know what years it works for the 140 series? Volvo Part number is 1219565 is the part I have but not sure if it works on a 1972 144. I know it does for a 1974 164. TIA
  16. Sine Qua Non

Volvo 240 series with k jet question

I saw a car that been for sale for a couple months now. What do you think the issue is? The seller say it has some sort of electrical problem with the fuel. The fuel pump doesn't cut on and the fuel relay under the dash clicks on. This makes no sense to me.
  17. Sine Qua Non

Donation made.

Done.
Back