• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. MadMainer

brickboard

How do you access the brickboard from the home page??
  2. MadMainer

940 Lost vacuum on full boost

Hello All, I recently go my a/c system working really well for the first time since owning this 940. What I have noticed is on full boost, the fan (a/c blower) drops off to nothing until I come off boost. With a little boost there is drop off of moving air. Is this normal for the Volvo? Any...
  3. MadMainer

Oil Leak 940

Hi All, It seems my aged 940 rescue has developed an oil leak. It appear to be coming out of the right side below the turbo, near the filter support. I am thinking the flame trap system might be clogged or plugged, (although all new parts installed recently). As it is pushing oil out only...
  4. MadMainer

940 Headliner

Hey everyone, Just some info to pass on. A while back I asked about best way to do a headliner in a 940 sedan. Never found much on info. Well I was talking to IPD, they suggested to bring it through the passenger door with the seats all the way back.:roll: I was not able to accomplish that...
  5. MadMainer

940 Power seat controls

I have a 91 940 SE, with power seat on both passenger and drivers sides. The control on the passenger side is gone, as it is missing the forward/back button. Former owner pulled all the cables from the motors for some reason. Looking for a passenger side controler. Drivers side works in all...
  6. MadMainer

Speedo Repair

Hi all, I just want to share some info. I recently had my speedo's repaired for my 940's (turbos), and felt I had great service for the moeny spent. I think forum rule prohibit me from posting direct information, but I gladly will share cost and response time. Plus free shipping to and from...
  7. MadMainer

940 rebuild

Hello all. I just pulled the head off my 91 945 turbo. I suspected valve guides passing oil, so I pulled the head to inspect it and clean tings up with I have it off. I enclose some pictures of the pistons.... cylinder walls do not seem to have any scoring. I had wanted to pull the...
  8. MadMainer

lights going out

Hi all, While driving my 91 940 home at night.... just cruising along about 55/60.. my headlights shut off... the headlights and fog lights if i have them on. I can turn the high beams on and they work. Then after a few minutes i can switch the highs off and the low beams work again. I do not...
  9. MadMainer

Upgrades.. where to start..suggestions

Hello all, I am planning on a 91 945 turbo rebuild. Besides the normal things like cams, porting heads/ exhaust. What in the way of the fuel system/ LH2.2 do I look at for upgrades or is the original system adequate? I am knowledgeable on how Fuel injection works... have not played with it...
  10. MadMainer

S40 Turbo...Thoughts on this?

Looking to pick up a 2001 S40 Turbo.. What is every ones thoughts on this model.. Issues?
  11. MadMainer

91 940 codes

Morning all, Working on 91 940 SE, recently was troubleshooting an electrical issue, so i unplugged my MAF sensor wit the car running to understand the limp mode. It gave me a check engine light. Since this vehicle does not have a ODB II port. Is the a link or video showing how to read the...
  12. MadMainer

Bosch vs KAE

In buying a new power-stage amp. what would most recommend? Bosch original or the KAE aftermarket??
  13. MadMainer

940 stalling

OK, on the way home from work, 2 nights in a row, my 940 goes about 6-8 miles dies out. Tach bounces...boost guage jumps, then nothing . I stop... check the usual CPS, loose wires..etc. I found a old cps, replaced that. ran fine then again on my way home, same thing, dies after 6...
  14. MadMainer

940 cruise

15. MadMainer

940 Harmonic Balancer

Hello, New interesting problem today. While driving home began to notice a noise. Upon arrival I found all the belts off their respective pulleys and the harmonic balancer off the crank. It looks like the balancer was pressed on to the crank end piece. Enclose are the photos. Well no...
  16. MadMainer

Trubo Rebuilds

Looking for suggestion on companies that rebuild turbos. Looking for both good and bad feedback. Perosnal experiences always work the best. I have talked with GPOPSHOP.... they seem okay....others? Thanks
  17. MadMainer

940 Sluggish..

Hi all, Loooking for some help. I searched the threads... looking for help.... 91 945, pretty much at stage 0. Bought the car with a bad turbo, replaced that witha used unit. I did noticed it is beginning to pass oil, so I have a rebuild on the way. The main issue is from a dead stop...
  18. MadMainer

91 940 fuel gauges

Hello again, In bring this beast to stage "0", I have an issue with the fuel gauge either reading low all the time or not at all. I have searched the forum and have not come across any thing that adrsses this. I am looking for common issues to look for. Is there normally any issues with the...
  19. MadMainer

turbo interchange

Hey all, I have a question. On my 91 940, comes with a Mistubishi TD04-H 13c, Can I swap out the center cartridge from TD04HL-13T? The shaft on my 13c snapped, was like that when I bought the car. ________________________________________________________________________________ George...
  20. MadMainer

940 will not start

Went to adjust the waste-gate to increase a low rpm response issue. Once completed, car will not restart. Check fuel..ok, checked spark..ok. Idea's...MAF..failing? Cranks as if want to kick over, but never gets there. HELP!!
Back